• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Places Pictures & Videos

Paradosiaka

Well-Known Member
Stupas at Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist temple, overlook Java's jungles.





 

EuroMode

Active Member
Dunnottar Castle In Scottish

Dunnottar Castleis a ruined medieval fortress located upon a rocky headland on the north-east coast of Scotland, about 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) south of Stonehaven. The surviving buildings are largely of the 15th and 16th centuries, but the site is believed to have been fortified in the Early Middle Ages. Dunnottar has played a prominent role in the history of Scotland through to the 18th-century Jacobite risings because of its strategic location and the strength of its situation. Dunnottar is best known as the place where the Honours of Scotland, the Scottish crown jewels, were hidden from Oliver Cromwell's invading army in the 17th century. The property of the Keiths from the 14th century, and the seat of the Earl Marischal, Dunnottar declined after the last Earl forfeited his titles by taking part in the Jacobite rebellion of 1715. The castle was restored in the 20th century and is now open to the public.











 

EuroMode

Active Member
Bioluminescent Plankton Create Carpet of Stars on Maldives Beach: While vacationing on the Maldives Islands, Taiwanese amateur photographer Will Ho stumbled onto an incredible stretch of beach covered in millions of bioluminescent phytoplankton. These tiny organisms glow similarly to fireflies and tend to emit light when stressed, such as when waves crash or when they are otherwise agitated. While the phenomenon and its chemical mechanisms have been known for some time, biologists have only recently began to understand the reasons behind it. Photos: Bioluminescent phytoplankton washes up on Maldives beach.





 

EuroMode

Active Member
Upside Down House in Moscow A picture rotated 180 degrees shows visitors walking inside an “Upside-down House” attraction at the VVTs the All-Russia Exhibition Center in Moscow, on January 14, 2014. The attraction to experience a new perspective of a house standing upside down was opened first time in Russia, the show organisers said.









 

EuroMode

Active Member
Pont de Singe Bridge By Olivier Grossetete French artist Olivier Grossetête used three enormous helium balloons to float a rope bridge over a lake in Tatton Park, a historic estate in north-west England.







 

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Kazakhstan’s 21st-century capital

Astana, the world’s youngest capital city, reflects the futuristic vision of its authoritarian president, contrasting sharply with its setting in Central Asia’s remote steppes.

Video
 

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Paradise found in Malaysia

Trek through the Langkawi archipelago’s luscious rainforest, get a feel for Penang Island’s bustling local life and find an urban oasis in one of Kuala Lumpur’s 52 shopping centres.

Video
 

EuroMode

Active Member
The Door to Hell

“These are the astonishing images of the very aptly named door to hell, a fiery crater thats baffled scientist and has been flaming away for more than 40 years. The crater is 230-feet wide and situated near Derweze village in Turkmenistan. It was named the Door to Hell by locals, referring to the endless flames and boiling mud that can be found inside. Originally a level surface, the site was identified by Soviet scientists in 1971 as an area that was believed to house a substantial oil field. A camp and drilling rig were set up nearby, and, after the Soviets were pleased with amount of gas resources that were believed to be at the site, it was agreed that gas from the field would start being stored”. – Caters News.







 

EuroMode

Active Member
The Crazy Swing At Casa Del Arbol in Ecuador



Located at La Casa Del Arbol or “The Treehouse” in Baños, Ecuador, this small house was built for the stunning view on the Tungurahua Volcano it offers. But the real attraction is the swing attached to one of the tree's branches. It is far from your average swing, and it is surnamed the "Swing at the End of the World" for a good reason. Located off a giant cliff at over 2,600 meters above sea level and with absolutely no safety features, this swing promises a serious thrill to whoever is brave enough to ride it.









 

EuroMode

Active Member
Er Wang Dong Cave System

“Er Wang Dong (“Second Royal Cave”) is a large cave in the Wulong Karst region, in Wulong County of Chongqing Municipality of China. Current known length of its passages is 42,139 metres (138,251 ft) with a maximum depth of 441 m (1,447 ft). It is large enough to contain its own weather system. The cave starts in the 195 m (640 ft) deep Niubizi tiankeng (sinkhole) and also contains the 295 m (968 ft) deep Qingkou tiankeng. Er Wang Dong cave has formed in Lower Ordovician limestone and is located close to another very large cave system – San Wang Dong, which contains one of the largest cave chambers in the world – Cloud Ladder Hall. Both caves were explored by Hong Meigui Cave Exploration Society. Local people make weather forecast based on the observations in Niubizi tiankeng – if there is a fog coming from the cave, rain is expected”. – Wikipedia

“A team of expert cavers and photographers had been exploring caves in the Chongquing province of China – when they were amazed to discover the entrance to a hidden cave that was previously undiscovered. And they were stunned when they managed to enter the ginormous cave – and found that it was so large there was even a cloud inside it – a cave so large it has its own weather system. Photographer and caver Robbie Shone, from Manchester, was part of a team of 15 explorers on a month-long expedition who stumbled across the natural wonder”. – Caters News


American speleologist Erin Lynch leads Lars Abromeit down a steeply descending path into a deep gorge on the way to Er Long Dong and Cloud Ladder Hall.


Climbing the rope up a vertical section of cave known as a pit in Xinu Attic.


Suspended on a thin rope, engulfed in cloud and lost in time, a tiny figure is dwarfed by the sheer size on a monumental scale of Cloud Ladder Hall. The beam of light cast by anothers head torch pierces the fog yet illuminates nothing. This naturally formed room is so large it has its own weather system going.


Large stalagmites at the foot of a giant ascending ramp to another level of development in San Wang Dong create a spectacle mid way through a section of cave called Crusty Duvets.


Calmer waters crystal clear pools and slow moving streams make it easier to explore Quankou Dongs main river passage.


Blind Fish without any eyes swim around in small pools of water in Qi Dong.



Perfectly situated in the middle of the passage this giant calcite stal boss makes a huge statement. Dwarfed by it's sheer size, Hong Meigui team member; Matt Ryan can only look up in amazement. This is one of many gigantic formations in San Wang Dong.


The view back towards the towering entrance and the main river passage in Quankou Dong. Thick beds of limestone break through towards the ceiling high up above the floor of the cave.
 

EuroMode

Active Member
The Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque



The Nasīr al-Mulk Mosque or Pink Mosque is a traditional mosque in Shiraz, Iran, located in Goade-e-Araban place (near the famous Shah Cheragh mosque). The mosque was built during the Qājār era, and is still in use under protection by Nasir al Mulk's Endowment Foundation. It was built by the order of Mirza Hasan Ali Nasir al Molk, one of the lords of the Qajar Dynasty, in 1876 and was finished in 1888. The designers were Muhammad Hasan-e-Memar and Muhammad Reza Kashi Paz-e-Shirazi. The mosque extensively uses colored glass in its facade, and displays other traditional elements such as panj kāseh-i (five concaves) in its design, it is also named in popular culture as Pink Mosque due to the usage of beautiful pink color tiles for its interior design.





























 

Paradosiaka

Well-Known Member
The Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque



The Nasīr al-Mulk Mosque or Pink Mosque is a traditional mosque in Shiraz, Iran, located in Goade-e-Araban place (near the famous Shah Cheragh mosque). The mosque was built during the Qājār era, and is still in use under protection by Nasir al Mulk's Endowment Foundation. It was built by the order of Mirza Hasan Ali Nasir al Molk, one of the lords of the Qajar Dynasty, in 1876 and was finished in 1888. The designers were Muhammad Hasan-e-Memar and Muhammad Reza Kashi Paz-e-Shirazi. The mosque extensively uses colored glass in its facade, and displays other traditional elements such as panj kāseh-i (five concaves) in its design, it is also named in popular culture as Pink Mosque due to the usage of beautiful pink color tiles for its interior design.






























so beautiful
 

EuroMode

Active Member
Paris Attractions – Trampoline Bridge In France



The Bridge is a concept design for the ArchTriumph competition – they wanted to actually create something rather fun and frivolous (as opposed to their projects that are all of great concern when it comes to functionality, comfort for its users etc). The competition was a nice opportunity to create something a bit “outside the lines” and to have fun actually. A fun and smart idea, yet rigorous, congratulations!



 

EuroMode

Active Member
Butchart Gardens – British Columbia, Canada



The Butchart Gardens is a group of floral display gardens in Brentwood Bay, British Columbia, Canada, located near Victoria on Vancouver Island. The gardens receive close to a million visitors each year. The gardens have been designated a National Historic Site of Canada due to their international renown.















 

EuroMode

Active Member
Waitomo Glowworm Caves New Zealand

The Waitomo Glowworm Caves attraction is a cave at Waitomo on the North Island of New Zealand, known for its population of glowworms, Arachnocampa luminosa. This species is found exclusively in New Zealand. They are around the size of an average mosquito. This cave is part of the Waitomo Caves system that includes the Ruakuri Cave and the Aranui Cave.

The attraction has a modern visitor centre at the entrance, largely designed in wood. There are organized tours that include a boat ride under the glowworms.

The name "Waitomo" comes from the Māori words wai, water and tomo, hole or shaft. The local Māori people had known about the caves for quite some time before the local Māori Chief Tane Tinorau and an English surveyor, Fred Mace, did an extensive exploration in 1887. Their exploration was conducted with candlelight on a raft going into the cave where the stream goes underground. This is now the exit for the cave. As they began their journey, they came across the Glowworm Grotto and were amazed by the twinkling glow coming from the ceiling. As they travelled further into the cave by poling themselves towards an embankment, they were also astounded by the limestone formations. These formations surrounded them in all shapes and sizes.

They returned many times after and Chief Tane independently discovered the upper level entrance to the cave, which is now the current entrance. Tane Tinorau and his wife Huti, by 1889, had opened the cave to visitors and were leading groups for a small fee. The administration of the cave was taken over by the government in 1906 after there was an escalation in vandalism. In 1910, the Waitomo Caves Hotel was built to house the many visitors.

In 1989, the land and cave were returned to the descendants of Chief Tane Tinorau and Huti. They now receive a percentage of the cave’s revenue and are involved in the management and development of the cave. These descendants encompass many of the employees of the caves today.













 

EuroMode

Active Member
Bagt Kosgi Ashgabat - Turkmenistan

The "Wedding Palace" (Bagt Kosgi) is located in the southwest of Ashgabat. while the building was designed in a sphere shape surrounded by the eight-corner "Oguzkhan Star" on the corners of the building.

There is a map of Turkmenistan on the outer space of the sphere whose radius is 32 meters and it can be seen from far away as the sun reflects off it. The building has ten floors, including the basement floor and five of them are allocated for public use.

Other floors host technical facilities. There are two wedding-ceremony halls with 500 people capacity, one wedding hall with a capacity of 1,000 people, shops for various purposes and dressing rooms for artists on the ground floor of the building.

Also, the building within the project has 22 hotel rooms decorated with luxurious furniture and modern equipment. Twelve of them are standard double rooms, while 10 are suite rooms. There are six wedding halls with a total capacity of 700 people, waiting rooms, two cafeterias and a terrace on the first floor. The second floor hosts a dining hall with a capacity of 200 people and six smaller dining rooms each with a capacity of 100 people.

The third and fourth floors have open offices, archives and the administrative offices. The "Golden Hall" in which wedding ceremonies are organized is located on the ninth floor, or at the top of the sphere.





 
Top