Places Pictures & Videos

EuroMode

EuroMode

Guoliang Road Tunnel In China

The Guoliang Tunnel is carved along the side of and through a mountain in China. The tunnel links the village of Guoliang to the outside through the Taihang Mountains which are situated in Huixian, Xinxiang, Henan Province of China.

• Advertisement
  • Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In Varazdin, a Thriving Arts Scene Emerges

The Julijan apartment in the heart of Varazdin, Croatia, is as much a representation of the city’s character as it is a short-term rental for travelers. Situated on the top floor of a two-story 18th-century building that’s surrounded by cobblestone streets, the flat overlooks a small garden where more than 50 open umbrellas in bright shades rest on thin metal crisscrossing wires, forming a canopy, and the mishmash of seating includes a white bathtub that the owner, Martin Kaminic, cut in half and fashioned into a bench.

Come summer, Mr. Kaminic, 41, who dabbles in art when he’s not working as a cosmetics sales representative, opens the courtyard to the public, and crowds take in the imaginative setting while they drink wine and honey grappa produced in the neighboring valleys and listen to the live music that’s usually playing in one of the nearby squares.

I was there in January, but even the chilly and overcast weather couldn’t conceal the artsy appeal of my accommodations, where the past and modern-day collided in an intriguing snapshot — much like the destination itself.

More...

EuroMode

EuroMode

Maijishan Grottoes

The Maijishan Grottoes are a series of 194 caves cut in the side of the hill of Majishan in Tianshui, Gansu Province, northwest China. This example of rock cut architecture contains over 7,200 Buddhist sculptures and over 1,000 square meters of murals. Construction began in the Later Qin era (384-417 CE).

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    مسجد موسكو الجامع

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    St. Petersburg Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Iceland Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yosemite National Park Vacation Travel Guide ~ Expedia

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lake Tahoe Vacation Travel Guide ~ Expedia

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Vanuatu Vacation Travel Guide ~ Expedia

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Patagonia Vacation Travel Guide ~ Expedia

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Nice thread and awesome pictures.
    Many places posted here i already visited myself..ill post when i have time pictures that i took ..
    The seccesion art museum- vienna

Danau river- vienna