• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

PM Moustafa Adib Government formation 2020 [M. Adib resigns amid impasse]

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is up to you on how to base your opinion on HA. Anyway, let's try to be positive and choose to minimize losses.
At this point my losses are proportional to the time we wait for a government that’s formation is being held hostage by Amal and HA clinging on to a ministry for and sanioura and hariri clinging on to wanting to bypass the parliamentary majority coalition... minimising the loss is for the Shia duo and the Sunni quartet to back down.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
In that case a shia that is chosen by Adib or Aoun. Could be an opening, but only if the intention is to not keep dragging you into the trap, and you willingly obliging.

It doesn’t work like this
If you give it to a shi3a at this specific moment it’ll be safeguarded as a 3erf till kingdom come.
It is crucial to force modawara at this stage

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
بس للتذكير...عنا رئيس حركة المحرومين ملياردير :cigar:

Rafidi

Legendary Member
why would he
He should send his formation and let it fail in parliament.
He becomes the caretaker PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

He wont have the honor of presenting it in parliament. Berri will shut the parliament, if need be and humiliate him. He wont be recognized at all. Let him take it to Saniora and Mikati for a vote of confidence. Not to the parliament.

Your rude statements on this forum has made me reconsider my respect for Basil and even creating doubts in my mind about Aoun. I am so fragile right now about the FPM.
Hezbollah was a great support to get Aoun to the Presidency but unfortunately Hezbollah didn’t give anything else and kept perpetuating a system of corruption by saving Amal and allowing vital projects to be blocked. FPM essence is Lebanon not a Israel, Palestine, Iran or other cause to which we really don’t care

agnostic

Legendary Member
At this point my losses are proportional to the time we wait for a government that’s formation is being held hostage by Amal and HA clinging on to a ministry for and sanioura and hariri clinging on to wanting to bypass the parliamentary majority coalition... minimising the loss is for the Shia duo and the Sunni quartet to back down.
This is your pov. But the fact is that the French didn't respect their word and Adib didn't form a cabinet nor dismiss in the promised time, fixed by the French. It is up to the French who pretended helping Lebanon to take back their rotten Adib.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I seriously have no problem that the finance ministry stays with Shiaa but the problem is not there. Hassan Khalil and Amal have been siphoning Lebanon funds and have been blocking all projects where their mafias were not in.
Hezbollah to my surprise ended up serving itself there as they are not receiving anymore funds from Iran.

So the point is to stop the thieves, mafias and paying for a resistance that we don’t see necessary anymore.

This is why we want to rotate ministries to save Lebanon

Anyway never ever Christians will send a penny in Lebanon unless we are in charge of our own cash. So even the Shiaa gets Finance, no more loans, no more cash - they would end up with empty pockets, not sure it is wise for them to get it at this stage. Better to take interior I would say

Sorry to burst your bubble, Hezballah as an organization doesnt need a penny from your broke state and has not benefitted from your broke state. But your broke state has benefitted from Hezballah because Hezballah brings in foreign currency for Lebanese and the money is spent in Lebanon. If some or few individuals with link to Hezballah have benefitted in any way from any contracts at al, that would be their personal business and not related to the party.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Hezbollah was a great support to get Aoun to the Presidency but unfortunately Hezbollah didn’t give anything else and kept perpetuating a system of corruption by saving Amal and allowing vital projects to be blocked. FPM essence is Lebanon not a Israel, Palestine, Iran or other cause to which we really don’t care

Great support by closing the country for 2 years indeed only to have the end result we’re living today.
great support and great help indeed

Today, they’re doing the exact same.

Imo Aoun should make sure that no government will be formed with a shi3a in MOF, he owes it to us.
And when it forms he resigns and apologizes to lebanese people for what he has done.
FPM should follow suit and start from scratch as an opposition.
The mission failed and turned catastrophic.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is your pov. But the fact is that the French didn't respect their word and Adib didn't form a cabinet nor dismiss in the promised time, fixed by the French. It is up to the French who pretended helping Lebanon to take back their rotten Adib.
The persona of the prime minister is beside the point... the name could be anything: Either they side with HA/Amal and Harir/Sanioura/miqati are screwed, or he sides with hariri/sanioura/miqati and Amal/HA are screwed, or we find a middle ground... this is a path to nowhere

agnostic

Legendary Member
The persona of the prime minister is beside the point... the name could be anything: Either they side with HA/Amal and Harir/Sanioura/miqati are screwed, or he sides with hariri/sanioura/miqati and Amal/HA are screwed, or we find a middle ground... this is a path to nowhere
The process was defined by the French. Micron even called Dr Geagea to get his support in favor of nominating Adib. From HA pov, Micron is the only responsible of this mess. He cheated and tried to trick HA.

JB81

Legendary Member
It’s not along side anyone... it is a signature confirming we have the budget to spend on a law!!! The MoF cannot stop projects they don’t agree with... the signature is to confirm spending on the project...! If you want candy this is not it.

But they want the signature to veto the Council of Ministers... in which, it is unconstitutional.

Only the President can object an amendment; and in 14 days, his objection can be overturned