• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

PM Moustafa Adib Government formation 2020 [M. Adib resigns amid impasse]

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Once again Bassil saved the day without anyone appreciating or even noticing.

Bassil’s message yesterday was a red flag warning to Mr. Adib that no matter how well intended he might be to perform the task he was given, he cannot act like a spoiled kid abusing his sponsor’s support and ignoring the President’s extensive expertise by not using all resources available to come up with an effective cabinet.

Macron certainly took note and called Bassil to coordinate by putting the train back on tack.

Macron then called Berri asking him to step back and reminded the rest of the herd they need not play their dirty games while reassuring and guiding Mr. Adib that he must act wisely because General Michel Aoun cannot be blackmailed or put on the spot to accept a cabinet that he believe it has obvious flaws.

Without Bassil’s early warnings yesterday, chances are, Mr. Adib would be on his way back to Germany today had he presented GMA with a flawed cabinet.

Thanks to Bassil, a disaster was averted today. Hopefully Mr. Adib is grateful as well and has learned a valuable lesson that will help him in the future lead wisely if he wins the trust of the President tomorrow.

I agree this was a message to Miqati's appointed zmikk. My guts tell me el j'7ash in our country do not catch covid, nor sill nor ta3oun. We need an exorcist to de-jinx this damned quagmire.

Anyway, Gebran is a good orator, candid, smart and genuine, and I think in the general big picture he's dedicated Lebanon's interests, you can see that on his face from a mile's distance. Halla2 I wouldn't absolve him from being a professional bandou2 in politics, bass in the company of the existing wewiyeh in the field, I guess it's a merit. And in all honesty, even if he's a bluff, I'd take him over every single shlikiyye son of 99.99% of the rest.

In comparison, look at this mastra, and behold the bitterly devilish look deep in his cowardly ghadr eyes..

1600173401782.png

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
The problem isnt even Saad. Saniora is the one forming the govt. Te3teer w sh7ar. The minority want to impose a govt on the majority under the guise of neutral candidates and foreign pressure.
You 'lost' in the political sense. Your people are starving and the country needs an immediate $ injection to buy some time for the necessary reforms to be implemented, hence the new political concessions that are imposed on you by the west. You're still trying to hold on to the May 7 2a3raf and the 'we got more votes than them' rhetoric and turn a blind eye to the coup that has already happened because you decided to stretch yourself thin by meddling in Yemen, KSA, Kuwait, Syria, Iraq, Bahrain, etc. all the while turning your back at the internal fight against corruption that was more important and pressing. Now you're left with two options, either concede to M14 and accept a minor role in the government or watch the economy collapse on all our heads and face the wrath of everyone in the country.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Changing one’s opinions about a certain political party based on cold, hard facts can not be viewed as mood swings. Again, try to read. HA HAVE done good things, but they’ve done bad things as well. And lately, the bad is starting to outweigh the good. Quite a shame, if you ask me.
لا عم نسبّ ولا عمنخوّن ولا عمنفتري. بس الاعتراف بالخطأ فضيلة. يا زلمي حتى الشيعة مش طايقينو لبرّي... عشو بعدكن لازقين فيه؟ بقي شي سكّين ما حطّو بضهركن؟

The same can be said about the FPM. Do not pretend you have no hand in bringing Saad Hariri to power and uplifting him after he was crushed in the 2018 election. Basil and Hariri were behaving like others dont exist in the country. And if you check my posts, you will read where I predicted Hariri to show Aoun the middle finger because Hariri is not the master of his decisions. He gets told what to do and how to act. That is the person you allied with and sidelined the others who gave you power.

Please do not pretend you are innocent. You are the lesser evil, but evil all the same with your divisive and sectarian rhetoric especially Basil, who is more or less still very inexperienced and immature in the political scene. He wants to make himself on the same level with Berri. Are you guys drunk? Berri is actively the one ruling the country for 30 years, just in case you are blinded by title and the fact that Aoun is the one occupying Baabda and not Berri. And you guys would think I'm defending Berri for stating the reality. Smell the coffee. Without the Shia duo you always rant about to project your paper lion image, you guys would he consumed by the crooks of March 14. Be careful not to miscalculate and turn friends into foes.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
You 'lost' in the political sense. Your people are starving and the country needs an immediate $ injection to buy some time for the necessary reforms to be implemented, hence the new political concessions that are imposed on you by the west. You're still trying to hold on to the May 7 2a3raf and the 'we got more votes than them' rhetoric and turn a blind eye to the coup that has already happened because you decided to stretch yourself thin by meddling in Yemen, KSA, Kuwait, Syria, Iraq, Bahrain, etc. all the while turning your back at the internal fight against corruption that was more important and pressing. Now you're left with two options, either concede to M14 and accept a minor role in the government or watch the economy collapse on all our heads and face the wrath of everyone in the country.

We have a third option. Divide the country. Dont you guys want that anymore? We will rule our areas and make everything available and fine and fight our wars and determine our foreign policy and you can live your lives as slaves and tools. But dont come near us. Stay far off. Go ahead and divide the country and let your foreign masters feed you. Your foreign masters are starving you and you are blaming your political rivals. That hunger is not our own problem. It is your problem. We are not hungry. We will survive. We dont need your dollars or your food. Thanks for your concern.

Another option would be to bring in the Chinese, if we are to remain as one people and one country. We are ready for that. The Chinese are very much laying ambush to get the opportunity to come in. They are itching.

A coup will only happen if we allow it to happen. We wont. Even if Macron comes to Lebanon a million times. No govt would form without our agreement. Even if it means staging another or a million May 7 and worse. Dont think our forbearance is weakness. We are far stronger and lethal than the humility you are seeing. We can literally bring down the country on everyone's heads. We are not the ones to be afraid of collapse. You and others should be afraid of the collapse we are capable of bringing to the extent that Lebanon can cease to exist as it used to. You and others should shiver in fear. We haven't done anything at all thus far. We have exercised restraint both internally and externally. And we are itching to drag the crooks by their b***.

And stop preaching against corruption and fighting corruption. Everyone is guilty including your St Gebran. He is only more artistic and creative in his own ways to suck money from the state into his pockets. Respect our intelligence. We arent blind to what is happening under our nose. Can he answer for all the wealth he has accumulated in the last 10 years? Stop deceiving yourselves. Time to come to terms that he is part of the corrupt lot. This is 2020, not 2005. Clear your eyes and accept the reality. They're all killing themselves to rule you because they're hungry to suck your blood and not because they love us. Yes, some are lesser evil than others and that's how we have to see things until eventually things improve and we have an empowered judiciary and we can hold politicians accountable. That needs the people to have more power. But if foreign powers are trying to annul election results and stage a coup, people wont be empowered and politicians, especially the rogue ones will continue to rule you. And these rogue politicians of the March 14 are indebted to the enemies of the country.

It is time for Adib to apologize. Let us re-nominate Hassaan Diab. Then let us go full blown eastwards. In whatever minor or major ways the Western countries and Gulf countries choose to have relations with us thereafter, our hearts are open. But our focus to develop, improve and salvage our country is to turn eastwards aggressively and fully. The West and the US do not want to respect the Lebanese voters. And we will not accept to be disenfranchised even if we have to butcher the March 14 traitors literally one by one and drag their filthy corpses in the streets and hang them in martyrs square and set Lebanon ablaze. The civil war we have shied away from and we prefer not to have can be saved to them cold. No one should underestimate the anger SHN asked us to bottle. If we release that anger, the face of Lebanon and the Middle East will never be the same again. You cant threaten us with a coup and expect us to react like gentle doves. Whoever wants to stage a coup is playing with fire. Let us see how far they are ready to push their luck.

Last edited:
Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
One after the other, all sides are calling BS to Berri's claim.
:cigar:

Says the biggest thief in Lebanon's history. I dont blame him. I blame Berri for not implementing this agreement since 1992 and allowing this son of a b**** to become finance minister and later PM.

I expect Berri and Amal to release a detailed statement to counter him and explain in details why the agreement during Taef that made the MoF be for the Shia sect is not an ordinary claim.

Drama Queen

Drama Queen

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
And stop preaching against corruption and fighting corruption. Everyone is guilty including your St Gebran. He is only more artistic and creative in his own ways to suck money from the state into his pockets. Respect our intelligence. We arent blind to what is happening under our nose. Can he answer for all the wealth he has accumulated in the last 10 years? Stop deceiving yourselves.

Weren't you using a picutre of Gibran as your avatar only a few weeks ago?

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
Says the biggest thief in Lebanon's history. I dont blame him. I blame Berri for not implementing this agreement since 1992 and allowing this son of a b**** to become finance minister and later PM.

I expect Berri and Amal to release a detailed statement to counter him and explain in details why the agreement during Taef that made the MoF be for the Shia sect is not an ordinary claim.
Mr Hussein Al Husseini should release the Taef minutes and end the charade. If there was an agreement, then it should be shown.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
It is time for Adib to apologize. Let us re-nominate Hassaan Diab. Then let us go full blown eastwards. In whatever minor or major ways the Western countries and Gulf countries choose to have relations with us thereafter, our hearts are open. But our focus to develop, improve and salvage our country is to turn eastwards aggressively and fully. The West and the US do not want to respect the Lebanese voters. And we will not accept to be disenfranchised even if we have to butcher the March 14 traitors literally one by one and drag their filthy corpses in the streets and hang them in martyrs square and set Lebanon ablaze. The civil war we have shied away from and we prefer not to have can be saved to them cold. No one should underestimate the anger SHN asked us to bottle. If we release that anger, the face of Lebanon and the Middle East will never be the same again. You cant threaten us with a coup and expect us to react like gentle doves. Whoever wants to stage a coup is playing with fire. Let us see how far they are ready to push their luck.

To a certain degree I do agree with u in this portion of the book you wrote, I'm always in favor of the majority to govern.
I support March8 + FPM in forming a government.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
As an ex-shi3ite, I still support the rights of my previous community in taking what is theirs as long as we're living in a secterian mou7asasa.
The MoF should go to a shi3ite nominated by the duo.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
It is quite clear now that the french are operating within certain limits set by the americans
one of those red lines dictates that no government shall be formed with even one minister belonging to the HA camp, be it MOF or any other ministry

How far can HA go resisting this ? and where does it end ?
What if HA through their puppets defied the Americans and formed a government a la Diab
Did the ultimatium really consist of just a couple of sanctions that are of no importance to HA ?
i doubt it
There's a massive Israeli/American military hit on HA coming towards us and the only way to stop it is a complete political surrender by the Hezbollahi camp.
God save Lebanon.