• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

PM Moustafa Adib Government formation 2020 [M. Adib resigns amid impasse]

JB81

Legendary Member
Where in the constitution does it say the president must be Maronite? Where in the constitution does it say the PM and speaker must be Sunni and Shia respectively? No where. These are customs or tradition. And Taef soldiefied it while it sets a roadmap map to dismantle the confessional system. The same way Taef allocated the MoF to the Shia until the regime was changed or rectified.

Today we are asking for the MoF. Tomorrow, we may be asking for either the presidency or the PM post. At least, no one can deny it has been over 70 years since independence and not once has a Shia being PM or president. Shouldn't we have a taste of those posts? Isnt it overdue? Arent you tired of depriving others of their rights as citizens? Dont you feel greed is evil? Ask Rahi to preach to you about greed.

Any try to dominate the others will be objected by all Lebanese. FPM tried to keep you within the Lebanese for 15 years, sada2to 7alkon fikon tebla3o kell shi as if nothing happening.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
You sent your kids to save his regime? Are you kidding? Which kids? 😄

So your stupidity dictates that after using arms to liberate most of our lands, we should lay down the arms because there is still 1% under occupation and talk to our gentle enemy to withdraw through diplomacy? Do you negotiate from a position of strength or weakness? Let us even agree what you are claiming is 100% correct.

You liberated jack shit
the Israelis decided to leave and they left as per UN 425
It was clear from the very beginning that the Israelis had no intentions to stay
they invested nothing in the area
all they built over 20 years of occupation were just few bunkers.

Go liberate sheb3a or shut the f up.

Genius

Legendary Member
Our Shia brethren men @Rafidi la @agnostic are still under the illusion that this reaction of FPMers/FPM sympathizers is "because they are just too moody" or that it is just something Bassil the evil created to pressure for a better deal. They are yet to fully grasp the extent of Berri's damage to HA's image and by transition the FPM alliance with HA. They tell you in the same breath yes Berri is corrupt but that he has to stay unleashed. Even better, some pin the blame on FPM when Amal wreaks havoc to every single productive project put on the table. It is no more business as usual, people's livelihood is hit, they are going to loose more money, their capital is destroyed and they are mad. Even the most ardent supporters of HA have reached a WTF stage, look at @JustLeb's reaction, this is not something you have seen before. And yet they stick their head in the sand...

You seriously still differentiating between Amal and HA and good/bad distinctions?.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Our Shia brethren men @Rafidi la @agnostic are still under the illusion that this reaction of FPMers/FPM sympathizers is "because they are just too moody" or that it is just something Bassil the evil created to pressure for a better deal. They are yet to fully grasp the extent of Berri's damage to HA's image and by transition the FPM alliance with HA. They tell you in the same breath yes Berri is corrupt but that he has to stay unleashed. Even better, some pin the blame on FPM when Amal wreaks havoc to every single productive project put on the table. It is no more business as usual, people's livelihood is hit, they are going to loose more money, their capital is destroyed and they are mad. Even the most ardent supporters of HA have reached a WTF stage, look at @JustLeb's reaction, this is not something you have seen before. And yet they stick their head in the sand...

In this sectarian jungle, internally, I feel safer under Berri's leadership of my community than under Hezbollah's leadership. Berri can unleash his thugs to put every one contemplating evil in his place. Hezballah cant do that internally. Externally, yes, Hezballah has the power to protect us better.

You arent just critical of Berri because of his corruption. The corruption he is perpetrating today, if given th opportunity, others critical of him might do even worse. Others want a free hand.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
In this sectarian jungle, internally, I feel safer under Berri's leadership of my community than under Hezbollah's leadership. Berri can unleash his thugs to put every one contemplating evil in his place. Hezballah cant do that internally. Externally, yes, Hezballah has the power to protect us better.

You arent just critical of Berri because of his corruption. The corruption he is perpetrating today, if given th opportunity, others critical of him might do even worse. Others want a free hand.
Ya @Rafidi I am not patronizing you in any way but wake up and smell the coffee. Berri is going to make you loose a lot of FPMers and maybe all of FPM. Look at the forum, typically when there is a mood swing you always have a sizable number of FPM supporting forumers who are unwavering in their suppor of the FPM-HA alliance. Where are they now? @BEAST's avatar is I believe a picture of HA saluting a Christian shrine in Syria, read what he saying. The perceived sabotage of Ali Hassan Khalil which you applauded did much much more damage than you can imagine. Can Berri get you a parliamentary majority by himself?

Last edited:

agnostic

Legendary Member
Really? Where?
some examples :
- Ministry of education : FPM corruption there was stated by minister Majdub
- Beside that, my post you first quoted spoke about the ministry of justice, indubitably the worse minister in Lebanon, and that has been handled by FPM for more than a decade if I am not mistaken.
- The sectarian decisions FPM ministers and MPs have no shame to brag having taken while such doings are serious violations of the law and the constitution

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Any try to dominate the others will be objected by all Lebanese. FPM tried to keep you within the Lebanese for 15 years, sada2to 7alkon fikon tebla3o kell shi as if nothing happening.

Habibi, you are so generous for keeping me within Lebanese. Is it possible for me to finally tell you t*z fik and bil Lebanese taba3ak? Ya3neh we arent Lebanese when we ask for equal rights? We are only Lebanese when you are first class citizens? After all, we weren't asked whether we wanted to be part of Greater Lebanon or part of Greater Syria from the start. France annexed our lands and called it the Republic of Lebanon. Marra2nelkon yeha. You made a racist apartheid regime and we coexisted and accepted it even after your defeat during Taef. The man who you claim kept us Lebanese, we made him president. No one will become president over us if we dont want him. Do you understand that or should I shout it louder? We arent your servants. Understood? We either live as equal citizens or kel wa7ad yfattesh 3a 2ar3et bayyo. Neither France nor USA will imposs any president or government on us. They have tried it in the 80s and they failed and those who were their tools internally also failed. No need for repeating past mistakes when your compatriots are open to dialogue and understanding and sharing. You have always been and you are still trying to impose things. It is not going to work. Do not play with fire. Neither France nor USA care about you and they cant save you. They care about their interests.

elAshtar

Legendary Member
You liberated jack shit
It was clear from the very beginning that the Israelis had no intentions to stay

Level of ignorance /stupidity is staggering

elAshtar

Legendary Member
متل الغاطس بالخرى و عمبفرشي سنانو
Enjoy your miserable lives.
You don't get it .. do you? The political class intended to make the ordinary ppl pay for their corruption and misdeeds,. The collapse of the political system will be the only reward.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Ya @Rafidi I am not patronizing you in any way but wake up and smell the coffee. Berri is going to make you loose a lot of FPMers and maybe all of FPM. Look at the forum, typically when there is a mood swing you always have a sizable number of FPM supporting forumers who are unwavering in their suppor of the FPM-HA alliance. Where are they now? @BEAST's avatar is I believe a picture of HA saluting a Christian shrine in Syria, read what he saying. The perceived sabotage of Ali Hassan Khalil which you applauded did much much more damage than you can imagine. Can Berri get you a parliamentary majority by himself?

We do not need fair weather friends, whose loyalty is only in good times. If that is what you are describing, we are better of without such friends or allies. You have to be allies in sweet and bitter times. That is what Amal is to Hezballah. Allies in good and bad times. And that's how we can build a country. Not disembark when the going gets stormy. We arent scared of hunger, sanctions, taking the right decisions. For God's sake, March 8 + FPM have a majority in parliament and a majority of Lebanese behind them. We can free ourselves. Let the West boycott us. We will aggressively turn East. Bring in the Chinese and the Russians. Turn Lebanon into a Chinese financial and commercial hub on the Mediterranean. It needs balls. Aoun is old and his balls are wrinkled and dangling. I wont blame him. But Basil is not old. He should man up and stay firm with his allies or make his stance clear. With us or against us.

agnostic

Legendary Member
@CitizenOfTheRepublic

We retained that FPM can't hold anymore alliance or MoU with HA. Can you stop repeating it.

About @JustLeb he is known to be free and persistent and he is worried about the life of ordinary people in Lebanon, and for that reason he blame HA on being responsible of the worsening of their conditions. I understand him but I consider that HA has no choice to act other than what he has chosen.

You liberated jack shit

lol, pure nonsense. if they had no intention to stay they would have left after 82.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
You don't get it .. do you? The political class intended to make the ordinary ppl pay for their corruption and misdeeds,. The collapse of the political system will be the only reward.

Who's protecting the political class ??
Who did not want Hariri to resign after Oct 2019
Who worked day and night to bring Hariri back before and after Diab ?
Who's protecting Berri ?
Who closed the country for 2 years to place their stooge in Baabda ?
Who brought us sanctions and international boycott ?
Who ? :)

JB81

Legendary Member
We do not need fair weather friends, whose loyalty is only in good times. If that is what you are describing, we are better of without such friends or allies. You have to be allies in sweet and bitter times. That is what Amal is to Hezballah. Allies in good and bad times. And that's how we can build a country. Not disembark when the going gets stormy. We arent scared of hunger, sanctions, taking the right decisions. For God's sake, March 8 + FPM have a majority in parliament and a majority of Lebanese behind them. We can free ourselves. Let the West boycott us. We will aggressively turn East. Bring in the Chinese and the Russians. Turn Lebanon into a Chinese financial and commercial hub on the Mediterranean. It needs balls. Aoun is old and his balls are wrinkled and dangling. I wont blame him. But Basil is not old. He should man up and stay firm with his allies or make his stance clear. With us or against us.

Aljou3 bikkafer... sara2na nahbna jawa3na elAstiz w baddak yena neskot

Genius

Legendary Member
lol, pure nonsense. if they had no intention to stay they would have left after 82.

If you were able to liberate lebanon, why don't you liberate shebaa and jerusalem while you are at it?
Israelis left for many different reasons... only fools still think it was a divine victory.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
You seriously still differentiating between Amal and HA and good/bad distinctions?.
My point in this post is that recent events blurred/erased any distinction between Amal and HA for anyone but their supporters.
Personally, I don't think they are the same entity when it comes to their motivations and goals which differ. That being said, this joined at the hip policy blurred all distinctions.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Aljou3 bikkafer... sara2na nahbna jawa3na elAstiz w baddak yena neskot

The Shia have tolerated and coexisted with the PM post occupied by Sunnis for 77 years after independence.

The Shia have tolerated and coexisted with the presidency post occupied by Maronites for 77 years after independence.

Can the Sunni tolerate and coexist with the PM post occupied by a Shia for only 7 years?

Can the Maronite tolerate and coexist with the presidency occupied by a Shia for only 7 years?

If not, then this is where the root and the cause of the greater corruption lies.