Opinion Police State under Aoun/Jreisati

superduper703

Following the legal attack on Marcel Ghanem 2 weeks ago, today, Jreisaty filed a motion against deputy Sami Gemayel for his comments after meeting with the Patriarch last week.

With the imprisonment of the Facebook poster (or was it Twitter) earlier this year as well, we have officially entered into Police State territory.

Welcome to the new 3ahr (that's right, not "3ahd")!

• Advertisement
  • eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Following the legal attack on Marcel Ghanem 2 weeks ago, today, Jreisaty filed a motion against deputy Sami Gemayel for his comments after meeting with the Patriarch last week.

With the imprisonment of the Facebook poster (or was it Twitter) earlier this year as well, we have officially entered into Police State territory.

ntebeh la 7alak

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    so asking the law courts to look into an issue is a police state
    but accuisng someone of being a thief is ok

thats how saudi lackeys think

lebanese1

Legendary Member

Againsts Gemayel? LOL You are really a super dupe.

Jreissati forwarded the cheikh's statement to the judge as "ekhbar" so that he starts investigating the corruption allegations. Gemayel has nothing to worry about if he is not lying.

superduper703

Againsts Gemayel? LOL You are really a super dupe.

Jreissati forwarded the cheikh's statement to the judge as "ekhbar" so that he starts investigating the corruption allegations. Gemayel has nothing to worry about if he is not lying.
    And you think he did it out of the goodness of his heart, LOL? Here's how it's going to go (more or less): Jreisaty files the motion, judge finds no valid claim of corruption, judge calls Gemayel to court to explain himself and present proof, Gemayel doesn't have documented proof, judge finds Gemayel in contempt, etc., etc.

Plus, this is not about Gemayel alone. This is about a series of events that have practically put anyone who criticizes Aoun in the line of fire.

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You've accused Hariri of theft for years. You've even written a book about it. LOL
    he did and we asked the courts to look into it

so now we are asking the courts to look into sami accusations.

hariri can also ask the courts to look into it
    sami too can ask the courts to look into any case

they are welcome to

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And you think he did it out of the goodness of his heart, LOL? Here's how it's going to go (more or less): Jreisaty files the motion, judge finds no valid claim of corruption, judge calls Gemayel to court to explain himself and present proof, Gemayel doesn't have documented proof, judge finds Gemayel in contempt, etc., etc.

Plus, this is not about Gemayel alone. This is about a series of events that have practically put anyone who criticizes Aoun in the line of fire.

so one is allowed to accuse others of theft and not expect to be called to testify

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Perfect. So the public will know that Gemayel is lying and making baseless claims. Thank you Mr Jreissati.

spacecreature

Police state lol. Some people have no shame really..I'm pretty sure the same people complaining today are those that were with Syria when it was occupying us..I think there are laws, and we don't live bi mazra3a, so they should be respected. No one is throwing journalists in jails without an honest trial, bil kilo like in Turkey for example...Instead of talking rubbish, If you feel the laws are wrong, and you might be right, then you should campaign to change them? We have a bunch of retarded laws that need changing while u are at it.

Anyway since Jreisati was mentioned, I know many 3aouniye can't even stand him and feel he shouldnt even be in Taghyir wa Aslah. . Can you plz remind me again why we don't like him I forgot lol. (This question is not addressed to the parasites please, but to real people who can be reasonable and rational.)
    I think some mentioned he was a spy for Berri or something? Or was it because of his previous allegeance to other parties? I read it a while back in here I think, but can't remember for sure..

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Police state lol. Some people have no shame really..I'm pretty sure the same people complaining today are those that were with Syria when it was occupying us..I think there are laws, and we don't live bi mazra3a, so they should be respected. No one is throwing journalists in jails without an honest trial, bil kilo like in Turkey for example...Instead of talking rubbish, If you feel the laws are wrong, and you might be right, then you should campaign to change them? We have a bunch or retarded laws that need changing while u are at it.

Anyway since Jreisati was mentioned, I know many 3aouniye can't even stand him and feel he shouldnt even be in Taghyir wa Aslah. . Can you plz remind me again why we don't like him I forgot lol. (This question is not addressed to the parasites please, but to real people who can be reasonable and rational.)
    I think some mentioned he was a spy for Berri or something? Or was it because of his previous allegeance to other parties? I read it a while back in here I think, but can't remember for sure..
    cause he was /is

he was part and parcel of syrian occupation
    he still is loyal to hesbe more than tayyar

despite him being a smart legal mind, i prefer to have a real tayyar to represent such positions.
    but it seems that General trust him

superduper703

they have the right to ask for clarifications

whos stopping them from
    No one is stopping anyone, but the fact that since this is probably first time in 30 years or more the so-called "Justice" minister actually takes action to protect the "honor" of the president, things are starting to veer towards Police State.

Not that Mr. Gemayel is running scared today. God knows that there'll be civil war before anything happens to him, but it just shows how low Aoun and his cronies have become.