Pompeo visit to Israel and Lebanon: When Meddling with other counties internal affairs becomes Virtue.

Is The Crusader in Chief and Crusader Pompeo

• Lebanon biggest supporter with possibly France

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • LAF biggest supporter

• Lebanon Christians biggest supporter with France

• Middle East Christians biggest supporters

• Ennemy of Lebanon

• They care only about Israel

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • They only care about the dollar and their interest

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Lebanon and LAF biggest supporter

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lebanon Christians biggest supporter

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lebanese Muslim biggest supporter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
And with this kind of diplomacy, they want to put pressure on Iran as per @Muki. (and yes Muki, consider this a reply to you)
As if it's an administration that can achieve anything outside of its borders. Even the North Koreans sent Trump empty handed.

Some people want to get to Hezbollah through Iran, and some want to get to Iran through Hezbollah. They want another Syria and Libya on our backs just so they can score a political win.
You want me to defend Trump administration?
Lol. You must not know my views about the Trump administration. Largely formed because of domestic policy though.

Mike Pompeo recently said that Trump was sent by God to save the Jews. Clueless morons all around in that administration. All in it to pad their wallets.

But yes, "get Hizbullah to disarm or you will suffer consequences of our 'peaceful pressure.'" That is Pompeo's message today and you do with it what you will.

I only see change in approach, but not underlying US policy between current and previous administration. I may not agree with the approach, but the approach can always change when we elect a new president.

• Advertisement
  • fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes but the difference is that there's always the military solution for Lebanon, unlike North Korea.
    were we given an ultimatum today ? to choose between a civil war or an invasion ?
    Of course not, but most probably a hindrance to any effort of relocating the Syrian refugees back to their country. You can expect that for now.
    Insidious if you ask me, considering the fact that the majority of the Lebanese harbor no ill to the US whatsoever.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Pompeos facial expression change showed that he cared when Bassil kebab slapped him with Lebanons official position on Hezbollah. You think an attitude of "we're coming to change peoples positions on Hezbollah" is going to be received in any way other than direct interference and arrogance? Its going to backfire hehe.
    I never expected Bassil to say anything else about Hizbullah. He can't. Mad3ous bil sormay from the Iranian terrorists. Everyone knows that.

Question is why did/do you expect anything else. And, more importantly, why you think Pompeo did? Are you that brainwashed?
    Pompeo was the one who claimed he wanted to change the position toward HA...lol
    Pompeo never said he expects anyone's position to change.

That doesn't prevent US from pursuing policy of turning Lebanese and Arabs against Hizbullah.
    Never mentioned Bassil, nooo :cigar:
    #moronbi24dayne

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    He already referred to the President's handshake as that of a "frail old man". Indirect insult to the President.
    😂😂😂

Aoun's old age is the simplest explanation for the handshake, which to me looked fine. No insult there.
    Better than make-believe stories about Aoun's coldness that require you lot to make assumptions about Aoun's state of mind at the moment in time when he met Pompeo.

We all get old and we die.
    And then we rot in the ground.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Pragmatically speaking, The IRI is a far more resourceful and powerful country that Assad's Syria and a strategic ally to the Russian Federation and the PRC. You have a beef with the Iranians? Fine, take it up with them, but you will not get to them through Hezbollah while destroying this country along the way. This is Bassil and Aoun's position, which you see as subservient, but the people living on this land see as wise.
    "You have a beef with the Iranians?" - with Iranian Mullahs, yes.

"you will not get to them through Hezbollah" - strange you saying this, didn't I state that it has to go the other way around.

"This is Bassil and Aoun's position, which you see as subservien" - I do not follow internal Lebanese politics close enough to know those guys well, but I see Lebanese HA being subservient to Iranian Mullahs and I see Lebanon being subservient to Lebanese HA.

Last edited:
    fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You want me to defend Trump administration?
    Lol. You must not know my views about the Trump administration. Largely formed because of domestic policy though.

Mike Pompeo recently said that Trump was sent by God to save the Jews. Clueless morons all around in that administration. All in it to pad their wallets.

But yes, "get Hizbullah to disarm or you will suffer consequences of our 'peaceful pressure.'" That is Pompeo's message today and you do with it what you will.
    The underlined is textbook extortion and these kind of messages do not work with Aoun of all people. If anything, it will solidify the Lebanese public opinion into defiance for these kinds of threats (always unfulfilled mind you), and anyone supporting these foreign threats will have his political position weakened over time. Pompeo just did the best favor he can do to Hezbollah with this visit.
    Of course, what's good for Hezbollah is not necessarily always good for the rest of country, we will have to pay the price through the refugee problem for now.

I only see change in approach, but not underlying US policy between current and previous administration. I may not agree with the approach, but the approach can always change when we elect a new president.
    Do you know how a pearl is formed? It's actually quite interesting. A small impurity gets into the oyster's shell and into its tissue, the the body starts to coat that impurity with fluid as a defense mechanism. The impurity ends up as being protected into becoming a pearl.
    The Lebanese system ingested a foreign entity into itself and any defense to that entity will actually solidify and protect it further down the road. Now you make of this story what you will.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Of course not, but most probably a hindrance to any effort of relocating the Syrian refugees back to their country. You can expect that for now.
    Insidious if you ask me, considering the fact that the majority of the Lebanese harbor no ill to the US whatsoever.
    Yes but where's the American interest in leaving them here ?
    Do you think the pressure to keep Refugees from going back to Syria is related to the presidential elections in a year time ?

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    كشفت معلومات للـLBCI
    أن وزير الخارجية جبران باسيل توّجه الى نظيره الاميركي مايك بومبيو بالقول: "لا تقصروا في دعم الجيش لأنه أداة تثبيت الإستقرار ووزير
    الخارجية الأميركي أكد الإستمرار في دعم الجيش".

ولفتت المعلومات الى أن باسيل تعهد في موضوع ترسيم الحدود بالسعي لصياغة موقف لبناني موّحد يسهل على الاميركيين مهمة التوسط في هذا الملف.

وفي موضوع النزوح، علمت الـLBCI أن باسيل فنّد لبومبيو اسباب رفض محاولة تثبيت الحق الطوعي لعودة النازحين، فردّ بومبيو قائلا: "أتفهم الواقع والموقف اللبناني وسأسعى لحل أزمة النازحين بما يرفع الخطر عن لبنان وهذا بمعزل عن موقفنا الثابت بتأييد العودة الطوعية وفقا لمفاهيم الامم المتحدة".

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes but where's the American interest in leaving them here ?
    Do you think the pressure to keep Refugees from going back to Syria is related to the presidential elections in a year time ?
    In my opinion, the US administrations couldn't care less about who makes it as head of state as long as their interests are kept. Once you define these interests you can safely find a rather large leeway to elect and govern, all the while keeping Lebanese interests safe and sound. That is Aoun's strategy which will be set in stone for future generations. Hopefully we won't see another Michel Sleiman again.
    The refuges are a burden to the Lebanese people and state, it is our interest and theirs that they return to their country in proper fashion. That's common sense, and if the US wants to hider their return, then the Lebanese interest will trump the US interest in keeping them. There are other ways and other people to talk to in achieving that goal and we are not to be blamed should we pursue other venues.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    In my opinion, the US administrations couldn't care less about who makes it as head of state as long as their interests are kept. Once you define these interests you can safely find a rather large leeway to elect and govern, all the while keeping Lebanese interests safe and sound. That is Aoun's strategy which will be set in stone for future generations. Hopefully we won't see another Michel Sleiman again.
    The refuges are a burden to the Lebanese people and state, it is our interest and theirs that they return to their country in proper fashion. That's common sense, and if the US wants to hider their return, then the Lebanese interest will trump the US interest in keeping them. There are other ways and other people to talk to in achieving that goal and we are not to be blamed should we pursue other venues.
    I meant the Syrian Presidential elections
    Trump once said that he will not allow Assad to stay past 2021
    By keeping the refugees outside of Syria this means that he's betting on the refugees voting against Assad from embassies where the election can be monitored, unlike if most of the voters were located in Syria.
    Once Assad finally loses the elections then the refugees will return

Honestly, it's in the Syrians best interest to get their refugees back in Syria right now
    I don't understand why it's taking too much negotiations with the Lebanese authorities, unless there's someone else obstructing the return from Syria's side as well, maybe the russians.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I meant the Syrian Presidential elections
    Trump once said that he will not allow Assad to stay past 2021
    By keeping the refugees outside of Syria this means that he's betting on the refugees voting against Assad from embassies where the election can be monitored, unlike if most of the voters were located in Syria.
    Once Assad finally loses the elections then the refugees will return

Honestly, it's in the Syrian's best interest to get their refugees back in Syria right now
    I don't understand why it's taking too much negotiations with the Lebanese authorities.
    They can vote at the embassy like they did before. Some even go to Syria to vote then come back here. You have to remember that Assad has more popular support today than he did a few years back.
    The refugees are more of a burden to Lebanon than they are a nuisance to the Syrian regime at this time.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    They can vote at the embassy like they did before. Some even go to Syria to vote then come back here. You have to remember that Assad has more popular support today than he did a few years back.
    The refugees are more of a burden to Lebanon than they are a nuisance to the Syrian regime at this time.
    I agree that they're a burden, i'm just trying to understand the American point of view or at least what are they planning.
    as well as why are the negotations with the Syrian government taking too long and who's really obstructing the return from the Syrian side.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree that they're a burden, i'm just trying to understand the American point of view or at least what are they planning.
    as well as why are the negotations with the Syrian government taking too long and who's really obstructing the return from the Syrian side.
    I don't have all the answers buddy, the way i see it is that the burden card will not be lifted without a price and we saw a no-sale offer today.
    As for the technicalities of relocating a little less than 2mil people to their homes, well i don't believe there's any one man with all the answers on that rather complex feat.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    I don't have all the answers buddy, the way i see it is that the burden card will not be lifted without a price and we saw a no-sale offer today.
    As for the technicalities of relocating a little less than 2mil people to their homes, well i don't believe there's any one man with all the answers on that rather complex feat.
    well you said that the Americans want to leave them here, or it's in their interest.
    I don't see the interest.
    I disagree that Assad gained popularity after the war, who are we kidding ?
    he's a tool in the hands of the Russians, a nobody, and he'll loses legit elections like so he should've lost all the previous Syrian elections.

Imo, the Americans are betting on the next Syrian Presidential elections and they're making sure the voter refugees are out of Assad's reach before then.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    As practical matter - neither of us is privy to sensitive information and all of us will have to rely only on what's going to be publicly announced after visit is concluded.

I suggest we stop guessing and just wait for answers fall onto our laps in due time.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    well you said that the Americans want to leave them here, or it's in their interest.
    I don't see the interest.
    Holding a pressure card is in itself an interest come sale day.
    I disagree that Assad gained popularity after the war, who are we kidding ?
    he's a tool in the hands of the Russians, a nobody, and he'll loses legit elections like so he should've lost all the previous Syrian elections.

Imo, the Americans are betting on the next Syrian Presidential elections and they're making sure the voter refugees are out of Assad's reach before then.
    Syrian society still has large enclaves of tribal communities that are loyal to their clans and colors. Assad always relied on those for the better part of his electorate. Not to mention business interests and the substantial pool of governmental employees who will most definitely march to the polls.
    Syria is a country where whoever rules can guarantee his reelection, albeit not at a 99% this time around, but Assad is here to stay for the forseable future and you can take that to the bank.

mikeys71

mikeys71

باسيل لبومبيو: "حزب الله" حزب غير إرهابي وتصنيفه إرهابيا لا يعني لبنان

الرئيس عون لبومبيو: حزب الله حزب لبناني منبثق من قاعدة شعبية
    It’s a shame that our elected officials are ignoring 60% of the Lebanese people who do not appreciate what HA is doing in the region and in Lebanon.
    I call on the US to treat Lebanon as Iranian proxy and therefore apply sanctions against all politicians who are working against Lebanon and Lebanese interest. Stop all agricultural, scholarships, training and army support.
    Our official can’t have it both ways. Can’t benefit from the US, the west and the gulf state and be a puppet of the axis of evil. Let Iran support them and supply them with everything they need and see how they fare. Bunch of idiots, power hungry politicians who insist on driving Lebanon back to the Stone Age for a chair. #tayyar-el inbita7 #Iranianpupets #HAslaves