Post a pic of yourself or your environment Thread :)

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
I understand you, from my own experience not so many people in Lebanon are "seriously" interested in your project.
Lebanese in general have come to a point of impatience where they don't listen to each others and they need instant results.
are you looking to monetize the permaculture project of yours or just help the remote communities ?
Definitely not monetize. That would only attract the Lebanese hipsters and I don't wanna deal with their baggage.

They're actually less willing to listen than village people who can relate to these practices a lot more.

There are definitely parts of it that can bring instant results. For instance you can build a shower compost and have hot water running

within a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

Definitely not monetize. That would only attract the Lebanese hipsters and I don't wanna deal with their baggage.
    They're actually less willing to listen than village people who can relate to these practices a lot more.
    There are definitely parts of it that can bring instant results. For instance you can build a shower compost and have hot water running
    within a couple of days
    I am aware of permaculture aspects, I also understand your overly, enthusiastic idea about village people, however, the truth is different
    than you think. For example, the shower idea, they will never accept it ... you might be surprised if they call the police or protest against
    you like they did to high frequency towers ... of course unless you mean only to try with your family/relatives.

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    I am aware of permaculture aspects, I also understand your overly, enthusiastic idea about village people, however, the truth is different
    than you think. For example, the shower idea, they will never accept it ... you might be surprised if they call the police or protest against
    you like they did to high frequency towers ... of course unless you mean only to try with your family/relatives.
    Why would they reject it? It's on private property. Does not effect others in any way. Thats like saying someone can't grow their own beds of vegetables in the back of their house. And yes I would start in my village, prove the technique works and people can spread the word.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

I never said the technique doesn't work .. I'm referring to the "gross" factor

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    I never said the technique doesn't work .. I'm referring to the "gross" factor
    The gross factor I'll leave that to the hipsters and flashy people. In remote areas simple life still exists.
    Farmers still get their hands dirty and deal with their cattle and the poo everyday. It can go as gross as you'd like.
    Some people enjoy it after they get past its mental barrier. I'm not talking about the broumena gardening hobbyist here.

Anyway we can discuss that in a separate thread.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

The gross factor I'll leave that to the hipsters and flashy people. In remote areas simple life still exists.
    Farmers still get their hands dirty and deal with their cattle and the poo everyday. It can go as gross as you'd like.
    Some people enjoy it after they get past its mental barrier. I'm not talking about the broumena gardening hobbyist here.
    Anyway we can discuss that in a separate thread.
    I'm not talking about myself.
    I just hope you can find such people in today's Lebanon.
    good luck to you

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is in Portugal on my friend's permaculture land. My dream would be doing it in Lebanon in the future because it has a perfect climate and soil conditions. To be honest the ladies did the design on the facade I was just the donkey doing the hard labour and some of the wood work.
    I'm aware of the situation and I grew up there so I know how it (doesn't) work.

I have an environmental project in mind, its too long to discuss here. Probably worth a new thread.

Many permaculture techniques has been used by our ancestors in Lebanon, but people in remote areas are loosing the knowledge

or lacking efficiency. But it can be brought back in small remote communities and be less dependent on the corrupt lebanese system.

within a couple of days.
    You are speaking my language!