POST-Elections 2022

Who will you vote for in the upcoming general election?

• FPM

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • LF

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • HA

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • KATAEB

• FM/PSP/ex 14 March candidates

• AMAL/MARADA/SSNP/8 March candidates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (MMFD, SABAA, independent candidates)

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Not voting, blank vote or undecided

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
رأى عضو تكتل "الجمهورية القوية" النائب فادي سعد، أن المعركة الكبرى في موضوع انتخاب المغتربين، هي مع التيار الوطني الحر وعلى رأسه جبران باسيل، أكثر مما هي مع حزب الله أو الثنائي الشيعي، مشيرا إلى ان حزب الله اعترف علنا وصراحة، بأن انتخاب المغتربين يزعجه بالصميم، وذلك بسبب عدم قدرته على القيام بجولات وحملات انتخابية، وعدم قدرة مناصريه على التصويت تحت عامل الرصد والمراقبة، كما جاء في تبرير حزب الله، إلا ان الطعنة السامة أتت من التيار الوطني الحر، عبر موقفه القاضي بتقزيم مقاعد المغتربين النيابية إلى 6 مقاعد، وذلك بهدف سحب تأثير الصوت الاغترابي على نتائج الانتخابات، وشطبه بالتالي من المعادلة البرلمانية.

https://www.mtv.com.lb/News/إنتخابات-لبنان-2022/1225093/انتخاب-المغتربين-معركة-القوات-مع-باسيل!
What does this mean? LF & FPM both are the godfathers of the election law . Why this sudden change of heart by LF ? Is Berri that pissed from this 6 new expats mps? Unless i understood this article wrong and LF are actually with the new law.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
What does this mean? LF & FPM both are the godfathers of the election law . Why this sudden change of heart by LF ? Is Berri that pissed from this 6 new expats mps? Unless i understood this article wrong and LF are actually with the new law.

I dont get it to be honest. Are they saying that the LF accepted 6 MPs?

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
I dont get it to be honest. Are they saying that the LF accepted 6 MPs?
What i understood from the article , they are accusing jubran of pushing for the 6 new expats mps because he want to cancel the expats votes and he is afraid that they vote in their districts. While the LF are the ones who constructed the election law along side FPM and they both agreed and made the rest of the political faction agree on the following :

in 2018 the expats vote in their respective country of residence for the mps in their original lebanese district.

In 2022 6 new mps will be added for the expats as a new district. The number of mps increases from 128 to 134. The expats will still have a choice to vote in their original district by coming back to the country and voting inside.

In 2026 the new added 6 mps will replace 6 current mps and the number will return to 128.

Now Berri & co are trying to sabotage the 2nd part of the deal and why not cancel the expats voted completely under the pretext that logistically they dont have time anymore to prepare for it. LF seems to want to align themselves with berri at least on the part regarding the 6 mps.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
What i understood from the article , they are accusing jubran of pushing for the 6 new expats mps because he want to cancel the expats votes and he is afraid that they vote in their districts. While the LF are the ones who constructed the election law along side FPM and they both agreed and made the rest of the political faction agree on the following :

in 2018 the expats vote in their respective country of residence for the mps in their original lebanese district.

In 2022 6 new mps will be added for the expats as a new district. The number of mps increases from 128 to 134. The expats will still have a choice to vote in their original district by coming back to the country and voting inside.

In 2026 the new added 6 mps will replace 6 current mps and the number will return to 128.

Now Berri & co are trying to sabotage the 2nd part of the deal and why not cancel the expats voted completely under the pretext that logistically they dont have time anymore to prepare for it. LF seems to want to align themselves with berri at least on the part regarding the 6 mps.

Correct. There is 3 things here.

1) Bassil knows that the majority of expats are LFers and especially after now the recent incidents.

2) The LF have already changed their stance ages ago about the expat vote. they want the expats to vote for the district they are from as in 2018.

3) I think Berri is trying to play this up and also wants this as he probably thinks that FPM will be the biggest loser if the expats voted the same as 2018.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Before many of you make half-assed analyses to try to pin everything in the world on Bassil, expats can vote either in their original district or in the 16th expat district. The choice is theirs.

The FPM are literally the only major party fighting for electoral reforms. Read up on the megacenters proposal and see how EVERYONE voted it out except the FPM.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
Correct. There is 3 things here.

1) Bassil knows that the majority of expats are LFers and especially after now the recent incidents.

2) The LF have already changed their stance ages ago about the expat vote. they want the expats to vote for the district they are from as in 2018.

3) I think Berri is trying to play this up and also wants this as he probably thinks that FPM will be the biggest loser if the expats voted the same as 2018.
According to statistics FPM will win 2 out of 6 . Dont underestimate their power in the expats community. FPM are thinking for the benefit of the expats. LF cocern is only their own narrow benefit thats why they are trying to also sabotage the agreement same as when they sabotaged the orthodox law.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
According to statistics FPM will win 2 out of 6 . Dont underestimate their power in the expats community. FPM are thinking for the benefit of the expats. LF cocern is only their own narrow benefit thats why they are trying to also sabotage the agreement same as when they sabotaged the orthodox law.

ana im with the full districts even before the LF changed. I want my vote to impact the MPs in my district. bade remove Mikati the dog.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
ana im with the full districts even before the LF changed. I want my vote to impact the MPs in my district. bade remove Mikati the dog.
First of all you can do that by coming back and voting inside. 2nd of all expats voting in their district from outside means they will make a choice and wont suffer the consequences . Only the ones living inside the country will. Like for example when the LF prevented the selfe for electricity which led to people living in darkness for weeks. The expats who voted LF in 2018 did not suffer the consequences of their choices.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
First of all you can do that by coming back and voting inside. 2nd of all expats voting in their district from outside means they will make a choice and wont suffer the consequences . Only the ones living inside the country will. Like for example when the LF prevented the selfe for electricity which led to people living in darkness for weeks. The expats who voted LF in 2018 did not suffer the consequences of their choices.

yeh we expats eventhough we dont suffer the consequences we have families and input at least 30% of the economy in the country. if it wasnt for the expats the country would have been economy gone ages ago. second i have no use for this 6 MPs i want to elect my MP in my district w aslan this whole issue is ridiculous. there wont be more than 200K voters at most.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member

flag-waver

Legendary Member

Yehia chamas got them 6600 votes. The rest musta2bal with more than 10 000. This time everyone understood the election law and no one will accept anymore to be just a ladder for others to make it to parliament. They wont give LF free votes just for habchi to make it again. They will ask for a price in return.

I think he will make it regardless. LF akide 3ambyederso l chaghle we will see.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Not just sunnis

Dr Geagea is the za3im el lubnani al awal
i think he surpassed everyone by ashwat.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
El 7asel ken 17700, they only need an independent who can get 3k votes.
Agree but this time everyone understood the law and those free votes are not free anymore. Why do i need to give you 3000 votes for free just to help you win if i am not getting anything in return? I will make my own list in this case.
in 2018 only FPM & LF understood the law perfectly . Amal and hizbullah didint need to. FM got screwed . The rest + independant did not understand the law at all .

now its different . The law became clear to everyone.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
Agree but this time everyone understood the law and those free votes are not free anymore. Why do i need to give you 3000 votes for free just to help you win if i am not getting anything in return? I will make my own list in this case.
in 2018 only FPM & LF understood the law perfectly . Amal and hizbullah didint need to. FM got screwed . The rest + independant did not understand the law at all .

now its different . The law became clear to everyone.

Yea dude but these independents wont even be close to the 7asel. I think Baalbeck will be ok. Akkar if with Rifi 7asel yemken temrou2. But this is for all parties not just LF. FPM has big problems also.