Parliamentary elections 2018 POST-Elections: Can Hussein el Husseini unseat Berri?

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
FPM never voted for birri before, why would they start now? you want to hold them accountable now for something you think they may do in the future?

seriously my friend, ktir 3am bet7amlou znoub lal tayyar. w hinne indeed andaf 3alam.
Are you sure? Didint they vote for him in 2009?

• Advertisement
  • D

Death To Google

And would HA accept anyone else than Berri?
    Of course they would so long as it doesn't weaken militarily and they are ensured legality.
    In order to get there, pressure is the most counterproductive thing one can do.
    This objective might have been set back an entire term with some behaviors and statements made recently, that made HA feel the cover and cooperation would be compromised if Berri is weakened.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    As far as i know they did vote for him in 2009.
    • للمرة الاولى بتاريخ 20 تشرين الأول 1992 (نال 105 اصوات من اصل 124)
    • للمرة الثانية بتاريخ 22 تشرين الأول 1996 (نال 122 صواتًا من اصل 126)
    • للمرة الثالثة بتاريخ 17 تشرين الأول 2000 (نال 124 صواتًا من اصل 126)
    • للمرة الرابعة بتاريخ 28 حزيران 2005 (نال 90 صواتًا من اصل 126)
    • للمرة الخامسة بتاريخ 25 حزيران 2009 (نال 90 صواتًا من اصل 127)

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    They did vote for Berri

Here is the new from back then 90 votes including those of FPM.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Lebanese veteran is speaker again

Those who did cast white ballots were LF, Kataeb and the March 14 christians that used to call themselves independent, ya3ni nayla tueini, betros 7arb w hall bda3a.
    man hayde kellon ma byetla3o 10 votes. march 14 voted for birri in their totality - 10. that leaves birri with 117 votes. he got 90.

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    man hayde kellon ma byetla3o 10 votes. march 14 voted for birri in their totality - 10. that leaves birri with 117 votes. he got 90.
    28 Blank Papers
    3 Discarded Papers
    3 Abbas Hachem
    1 Ghazi Youssef
    1 Oukab Sakr
    1 Sabri Hmedeh (R.I.P)

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    LF had 8
    Kataeb 5
    Murr 2
    Hunchak and Ramgavar 3
    Ahrar 1
    The so called independents 9
    I may have forgotten batata yamin w shmel but total shi 30

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    LF had 8
    Kataeb 5
    Murr 2
    Hunchak and Ramgavar 3
    Ahrar 1
    The so called independents 9
    I may have forgotten batata yamin w shmel but total shi 30
    eh haydol kellon sawa 3ala ba3don 20. you are still missing 17 votes. 127 - 37 - 90.
    besides, murr and birri are best friends. so are boutrosh harb and birri. you can rest assured they will never, and i mean never, vote against him. regardless of what the media portrays. when the sunnis in the north, tripoli and akkar vote for birri, it usually means everyone else in march 14 votes for birri.

but honestly add the numbers up. the same people who didn't vote for birri in 2005 didn't vote for him in 2009, + or - a few variables.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    eh haydol kellon sawa 3ala ba3don 20. you are still missing 17 votes. 127 - 37 - 90.
    besides, murr and birri are best friends. so are boutrosh harb and birri. you can rest assured they will never, and i mean never, vote against him. regardless of what the media portrays. when the sunnis in the north, tripoli and akkar vote for birri, it usually means everyone else in march 14 votes for birri.

but honestly add the numbers up. the same people who didn't vote for birri in 2005 didn't vote for him in 2009, + or - a few variables.
    C&R also said they would vote for him before the session, so you can add remove or multiply it doesn't really matter, saying publicly they will vote for him means much more than saying after that they didn't whether they did or not.

here is one article from back then

وبالتزامن مع إعلان الحريري، كان الركن المسيحي في المعارضة، العماد ميشال عون، قائد التيار الوطني الحر، يؤكد عزمه التصويت لبري في الانتخابات المقررة الخميس، وذلك بعدما كان بعضهم يرجح أن يتخذ (عون) موقفًا معارضًا أو متحفظًا حياله، بعد خلافه معه في الكثير من الملفات، وحتى خلال فترة الانتخابات.​

Last edited:
    dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    It is known FPM voted for Berri in 2009. It's not a question of if, but why...

And again, this is 9 years later and we've had many many more problems since. You wanna call me stupid for just not believing in Bassil's good intentions, and planning to vote for new people with good plans?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    ok i stand corrected. for some reason i was under the impression FPM didn't vote for birri. it wasn't the case. big mistake of FPM's part. not the end of the world, but this time 3al akid they won't vote for him :p :p :p

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

HA supports Berri's corruption because Berri covers HA's weapons and Shiite support for the weapons. That's the deal that is done between the two, and that's the deal that is destroying Lebanon and it's democracy from within... And that's what enables all other corrupted leaders to steal from their country, and that's what former outsiders like Bassil use as an excuse to cut their own share of the pie.

In the end, Bassil will also end up voting for Berri because Berri shares his pie with everyone, although he keeps the biggest share for himself, and is unable to do anything good for Lebanon in parallel. That's why he's called a baltaji, but that won't stop apparent opponents from voting him back in his seat again!

Also, do you think anyone would be bold enough to elect a head of parliament that is neither HA or Anal? And would HA accept anyone else than Berri?
    If FPM end up voting for Berri despite the fact that Gebran called him a "baltaji" in private, then they will lose all credibility.

Berri didn't vote for Aoun. There's no reason FPM should vote for Berri.

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    ok i stand corrected. for some reason i was under the impression FPM didn't vote for birri. it wasn't the case. big mistake of FPM's part. not the end of the world, but this time 3al akid they won't vote for him :p
    Look, I have been an active FPMer for years. If FPM gets to rule in the next 4 years, with commendable stands, impeccable work, and without serious scandals, I might give them my vote again.

That being said, too much time has passed since I've stopped trusting the party with Bassil at its head.

What's for certain is that this time 3al akid I won't vote for them

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    ok i stand corrected. for some reason i was under the impression FPM didn't vote for birri. it wasn't the case. big mistake of FPM's part. not the end of the world, but this time 3al akid they won't vote for him :p:p:p
    الاعتذار سمة الكبار

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Look, I have been an active FPMer for years. If FPM gets to rule in the next 4 years, with commendable stands, impeccable work, and without serious scandals, I might give them my vote again.

That being said, too much time has passed since I've stopped trusting the party with Bassil at its head.

What's for certain is that this time 3al akid I won't vote for them
    vote for whoever you want ya 3azizi. i do not like to influence people's opinions in these matters, but i will simply say your vote will be meaningless regardless of whether or not your candidate wins, as it will contribute to no real changes.

now if you want my opinion, bassil is a much better leader than GMA ever was. GMA was loved, and despite his good heart and genuine ethics, diro 3a tokhbis. alliances with murr, qawmi, marada, birri, etc... i love GMA because i know he means good. i do not love bassil all that much, but i know he is capable of a better achievement than GMA. a taboo story in all FPM's circles.

and i do not trust anyone. i vote for those who i think are capable of changing things for the better. that's all there is to it.

mesh gharam w intiqem el ossa.