Poverty rising in Lebanon

Rockies

While leaders are skillful at distracting Lebanese from essentials, poverty is soaring among Lebanese. Some even don't have bread. Not to talk about education and healthcare and infrastructure.

What is your leader doing other than offering few dollars ?

Do you know that expats got robbed and won't try it again ?

Check this UN report about poverty rate in Lebanon . The photo inside took some refugees I think which is illusion given they are getting USD cash and more or less they are one of the causes of this economic crash.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
While leaders are skillful at distracting Lebanese from essentials, poverty is soaring among Lebanese. Some even don't have bread. Not to talk about education and healthcare and infrastructure.

What is your leader doing other than offering few dollars ?

Do you know that expats got robbed and won't try it again ?

Check this UN report about poverty rate in Lebanon . The photo inside took some refugees I think which is illusion given they are getting USD cash and more or less they are one of the causes of this economic crash.

I think the numbers are grossly exaggerated. If the poverty rate were 75% as this study is claiming, there would have been a bloody revolution by now.

Rockies

I think the numbers are grossly exaggerated. If the poverty rate were 75% as this study is claiming, there would have been a bloody revolution by now.
Exactly . But it’s a mix of
1. Tired people who rely on foreign aid
2. Political class disconnected and honestly super arrogant
3. Followers who shut down any revolution and get paid from their leaders

I am amazed on the number of people who could not afford bread and other basics.

one cannot rely on the number of range rovers and restaurants . Check the schools and hospitals and this is where the striking reality is.