President Aoun's Initiative to Establish a Common Economic Market in the Levant

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
another proposal from his advisors. What happened to Human Academy initiative? This man is good at marketing . zero implementation
also this article is so confusing. Banks are doomed and reached a point of no return. no trust in the system anymore. And please Aounists stop using the word anti-corruption. You are part of the system which is corrupted to its bones.

These initiatives do not come until there are talks across the countries involved. and i doubt this will ever work unless it means Hizballa across all these countries will implement it so jordan will naturally pull out.

And that is a bad timing to launch this idea. Lebanon is not in a strong position economically . The best can be done in this topic is bilateral agreements over few years.

pretty much

remember إعلان لبنان دولة مدنية like a year ago ?
ibra2 el musta7il
academy of dialog
24/7 electricity
lubnan balad nafti

etc etc
but he runs a populist movement so you can't really expect much of him

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
pretty much

remember إعلان لبنان دولة مدنية like a year ago ?
ibra2 el musta7il
academy of dialog
24/7 electricity
lubnan balad nafti

etc etc
but he runs a populist movement so you can't really expect much of him
When you run a populist movement all you need to do is keep distracting people by inventing enemies, promising big shiny projects, and keep coming up with new stories so that people forget about old promises and get attracted to new ones.
Bassil, talks about regional wide projects, while he didn't bring electricity to Lebanon, he talked about railways connecting Lebanon, syria, Iraq, Jordan while we don't have one connecting Beirut to Tripoli, or Beirut to Tyr

In lebanese we say يكبر الحجر the idea is sell people complex dreams so it will be easier to justify their failure, with ma khallouna
The biggest problem is that we are ruled by liars and people are happy with that.

Aoun/Bassil knew that the Lebanese system is a failure, what they should have done since 2016 is to propose a new system and lobby tirelessly day and night, on TV and on social media to convince people of the new system.
This way they could have been TRUE REFORMIST as they pretend to be, and they would have been the father of the new/modern Lebanon.

What did they do instead?
Enter the system, enjoyed the spoiled, and when everything crumbled, they pretend "inno ma khallouna"

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
another proposal from his advisors. What happened to Human Academy initiative? This man is good at marketing . zero implementation
also this article is so confusing. Banks are doomed and reached a point of no return. no trust in the system anymore. And please Aounists stop using the word anti-corruption. You are part of the system which is corrupted to its bones.

These initiatives do not come until there are talks across the countries involved. and i doubt this will ever work unless it means Hizballa across all these countries will implement it so jordan will naturally pull out.

And that is a bad timing to launch this idea. Lebanon is not in a strong position economically . The best can be done in this topic is bilateral agreements over few years.
Actually, if you want to call out Aounists as part of the system, you were also part of the system... if you ever avoided paying your council tax to the municipality, or didn’t declare your income and pay the correct income tax, or avoided paying a penalty charge for speeding or wrongful parking, or got your drivers license delivered to you at home... hell if you have ever cut a queue because you know someone, you are part of this corrupt system.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
When you run a populist movement all you need to do is keep distracting people by inventing enemies, promising big shiny projects, and keep coming up with new stories so that people forget about old promises and get attracted to new ones.
Bassil, talks about regional wide projects, while he didn't bring electricity to Lebanon, he talked about railways connecting Lebanon, syria, Iraq, Jordan while we don't have one connecting Beirut to Tripoli, or Beirut to Tyr

In lebanese we say يكبر الحجر the idea is sell people complex dreams so it will be easier to justify their failure, with ma khallouna
The biggest problem is that we are ruled by liars and people are happy with that.

Aoun/Bassil knew that the Lebanese system is a failure, what they should have done since 2016 is to propose a new system and lobby tirelessly day and night, on TV and on social media to convince people of the new system.
This way they could have been TRUE REFORMIST as they pretend to be, and they would have been the father of the new/modern Lebanon.

What did they do instead?
Enter the system, enjoyed the spoiled, and when everything crumbled, they pretend "inno ma khallouna"
Halla2 FPM failed in many aspects, but seriously you still believe they could have brought electricity but they didn’t want to? I get you have turned against them, but give the devil his due!

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Halla2 FPM failed in many aspects, but seriously you still believe they could have brought electricity but they didn’t want to? I get you have turned against them, but give the devil his due!
man, you know that your reply goes beyond the core idea of my post.
I repeat it, the guy now wants to make regional projects, while he wasn't able to bring electricity.
suppose you are a CEO of a company and a team leader enters your office and asked you to appoint him head of the department,
you look at his CV and you see that he was unable to manage his team (probably because of bad members) and he was not able to achieve anything substantial, would you trust him to lead a department?
Bassi failed in the electricity because of bad guys, do you think in bigger projects there are no bad guys?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
man, you know that your reply goes beyond the core idea of my post.
I repeat it, the guy now wants to make regional projects, while he wasn't able to bring electricity.
suppose you are a CEO of a company and a team leader enters your office and asked you to appoint him head of the department,
you look at his CV and you see that he was unable to manage his team (probably because of bad members) and he was not able to achieve anything substantial, would you trust him to lead a department?
Bassi failed in the electricity because of bad guys, do you think in bigger projects there are no bad guys?
Of course there are, but whoever is at the helm has to keep trying. Halla2 all these big ideas I don’t really build on... the time is for basics, not dreams... in short ma 2ila ta3meh.

doesn’t change the fact that while he tries and fails, others don’t try and do everything in their power to make him fail. And credit is due where credit is due.