President Michel Aoun: achievements and challenges

Venomous Hummingbird

Venomous Hummingbird

The problem now is that they are structurally unable to get anymore power. This is the maximum they can reach.
Gebran Al Qawi used every trick in his hat and made the strangest alliances to reach 29 deputies.
Now they should deliver...
As I am reading between the lines of PMA statement, there is nothing to be optimistic about !!!!
Halla2 trolling and joking aside, I don't think PMA doesn't want to reform the country or at least implement infrastructural changes. Why wouldn't he? He would get 70% of the Christians back if he delivered half his promises. I can't wrap my head around the reason to why they will slacken and rely on the sheep to keep bleating with pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    دعا رئيس الجمهورية العماد ميشال عون اللبنانيين الى "مساعدة الدولة في مكافحة الفساد، لان لا امكانية في انجاز اصلاح في مجتمع لا يتعاون شعبه مع دولته في مواجهة الفساد فيه"
    M. President would you please tell the Lebanese people what is expected from it and what type of help are you asking for ?
    For years I have been pointing finger at an official who publicly said he got an invitation to a football match, this invitation is evaluated to around 70k$, in all modern countries this creates suspicions, and starts an investigation into the legal conduct of that official, but in Lebanon nothing happens.
    Please let us know what exactly is required from the Lebanese people ???

For example if a citizen is witnessing a bribery or is suspecting a corruption, who shall he report it to? did your ministry of corruption fighting provide a hotline ? a safe way for normal citizen to report a corruption case without being harassed by the Za3im or his dogs ???

I truly want to know if this a call for help to have an efficient war on corruption or is it to throw the blame on the lebanese people because nothing apparently has been done on this level ???

PS. the hotel in Ramel El Bayda has been reported as illegal several times by the media.
    Did your minister of justice asked the AG to investigate ??
    Ya3me ma ybartlo kermel ebnon yo2ta3 fa7s rl swe2a, ma ybartlo kermel ya3mlo mou3emslr hatta law bada nharen zyede

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Halla2 trolling and joking aside, I don't think PMA doesn't want to reform the country or at least implement infrastructural changes. Why wouldn't he? He would get 70% of the Christians back if he delivered half his promises. I can't wrap my head around the reason to why they will slacken and rely on the sheep to keep bleating with pleasure.
    Not only the Christians, but also other Lebanese. That's why he is being fought by all parties, be it so called M14 or M8. But some Lebanese can't see this all out attack on the President, it has to do with making sure that the President term won't achieve any of its objectives, thus, when these people attack the President, they are helping parties against the President, and by it, screwing themselves because no achievements can be made.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Finally, a logical post from you

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ya3me ma ybartlo kermel ebnon yo2ta3 fa7s rl swe2a, ma ybartlo kermel ya3mlo mou3emslr hatta law bada nharen zyede
    can we stop kindergarden talks please...
    I also want to be in Plato republic, but we are not there yet
    if a good citizen like you wants to report a corruption case that he is witnessing, what can he do ??

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    can we stop kindergarden talks please...
    I also want to be in Plato republic, but we are not there yet
    if a good citizen like you wants to report a corruption case that he is witnessing, what can he do ??
    lol asking people to follow the rules and not get around them through bribery is kindergarten talk?? hek 3allamoukoun bl seminar abt corruption that u attended? ;)

if a society is ethically corrupt, do you really think u have a fighting chance at rooting out the bad people from the admin?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    lol asking people to follow the rules and not get around them through bribery is kindergarten talk?? hek 3allamoukoun bl seminar abt corruption that u attended? ;)

if a society is ethically corrupt, do you really think u have a fighting chance at rooting out the bad people from the admin?
    In a society that is ethically corrupt you enforce the law. There are plenty of ways to enforce the law, one of them is to ask few good men metel afdalak to report briberies and corruption.
    What the training taught me is to report any suspicious activity to the officer in charge of the ethical conduct.
    Is there something like that is put in place so a good citizen like you report those cases safely and without being harassed ??
    I Know that FSI has put an application allowing people to report those who fire in the air in the occasions.
    This is a good move, and the more it is used, and the more individuals arrested the more efficient the collaboration between citizens and authorities become.

With no clear process, everything stays in the domain of zajal, and kindergarten talks.

superduper703

superduper703

بعنف ردّ الناشط في المجتمع المدني بيار حشاش على دعوة رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون اللبنانيين الى مساعدة الدولة في مكافحة الفساد "لان لا امكانية في انجاز اصلاح في مجتمع لا يتعاون شعبه مع دولته في مواجهة الفساد فيه"، وقال في فيديو نشره على صفحته عبر فيسبوك:"كان شعارك الاصلاح والتغيير ومحاربة الفساد ولكن هل اذا فشلت في ذلك تضع الحق علينا؟ لست انا يا فخامة الرئيس من عطّل مجلس النواب سنتين لاكون رئيسا للجمهورية ولست انا من اوقف تشكيل الحكومة سنة ونصف ليكون صهري وزيرا فيها، ولست انا من عيّن بناتي بوظائف في الدولة، ولست انا من تحالف مع تيار المستقبل الذي لطالما وصفته بالفاسد، ولست انا من ردّت لي دائرة المناقصات مناقصاتي حول البواخر، لسنا نحن المذنبين انما نحن الضحية والمذنب هو النظام السياسي الفاسد الذي أنت للأسف على رأسه فلا تحمّلنا عبء الفشل بل اترك لنا التعتير، والفشل اتركه لكم".
    وختم حشاش:"جزء مما قلته محق به يا فخامة الرئيس فلو اراد الشعب الاصلاح ومحاربة الفساد لكان أتى بشربل نحاس لرئاسة الجمهورية وبفؤاد المخزومي للحكومة، لا انت والحريري".

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    بعنف ردّ الناشط في المجتمع المدني بيار حشاش على دعوة رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون اللبنانيين الى مساعدة الدولة في مكافحة الفساد "لان لا امكانية في انجاز اصلاح في مجتمع لا يتعاون شعبه مع دولته في مواجهة الفساد فيه"، وقال في فيديو نشره على صفحته عبر فيسبوك:"كان شعارك الاصلاح والتغيير ومحاربة الفساد ولكن هل اذا فشلت في ذلك تضع الحق علينا؟ لست انا يا فخامة الرئيس من عطّل مجلس النواب سنتين لاكون رئيسا للجمهورية ولست انا من اوقف تشكيل الحكومة سنة ونصف ليكون صهري وزيرا فيها، ولست انا من عيّن بناتي بوظائف في الدولة، ولست انا من تحالف مع تيار المستقبل الذي لطالما وصفته بالفاسد، ولست انا من ردّت لي دائرة المناقصات مناقصاتي حول البواخر، لسنا نحن المذنبين انما نحن الضحية والمذنب هو النظام السياسي الفاسد الذي أنت للأسف على رأسه فلا تحمّلنا عبء الفشل بل اترك لنا التعتير، والفشل اتركه لكم".
    وختم حشاش:"جزء مما قلته محق به يا فخامة الرئيس فلو اراد الشعب الاصلاح ومحاربة الفساد لكان أتى بشربل نحاس لرئاسة الجمهورية وبفؤاد المخزومي للحكومة، لا انت والحريري".
    I dunno how many times those lies have been debunked yet you still post the same exact thing.

And yes shame on him for asking the people to not commit corruption, as @JustLeb postulated 3ayb ma 3atehoun ra2m telephono el khas ta yde2oulo and report wrongdoings.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    جزء مما قلته محق به يا فخامة الرئيس فلو اراد الشعب الاصلاح ومحاربة الفساد لكان أتى بشربل نحاس لرئاسة الجمهورية
    lol

superduper703

superduper703

I dunno how many times those lies have been debunked yet you still post the same exact thing.

And yes shame on him for asking the people to not commit corruption, as @JustLeb postulated 3ayb ma 3atehoun ra2m telephono el khas ta yde2oulo and report wrongdoings.
    Sure, my friend. Ignore all the facts in the post. For all of Aoun's corruption, put it on all the population. For ****'s sake, he has a Minister of Corruption who, in 2 years, hasn't done jack shit.

Give me a department of 2 people, and I can start catching corrupt officials in ministries tomorrow morning.

A corrupt, senile, Iranian agent, washing his hands of his duties. That's what it is.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter

I am not sure why you are mocking @JustLeb's suggestion. It is an excellent one.

He is suggesting a system for citizens to anonymously report corrupt behavior on the part of public officials at any level.

The reports that come in can be categorized in two:
    1) reports with documentation (video, audio, paper...)
    2) reports without documentations

Reports with documentation can be dealt with quickly and take priority. Reports without documentation can be approached by putting the alleged corrupt official under surveillance until they are caught in the act.

The problem in Lebanon is not creation of such a system; you don't really need much skill to set it up.
    The problem is enforcement against corrupt officials. That should not stop anyone from pursuing legal action against corrupt officials though.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

What I like in Bassilis is that they create their own situation and comment on it.
    I didn't ask anyone to give his personal phone number.
    I asked you in case you saw a corruption case and you want to help fighting it , how can you report it, is there a hotline???
    I will be happy if everyone refrain from bribing, but this is as wishing that no one commits a crime so there will be no need for police.
    You know something khalas forget it, don't reply to me keep your eyes closed, life is much better like that

superduper703

superduper703

For instance, The LBC is asking:
    ما هي الملابسات والتوضيحات عن الموظفين المتوفين الذين ما زالت رواتبهم سارية المفعول؟- التفاصيل في النشرة المسائية

Start here. How difficult is it to run payroll lists, check who's living and who's dead, and save the Treasury millions of dollars? Or should this also fall on citizens to report it?

Worthless politicians.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Sure, my friend. Ignore all the facts in the post. For all of Aoun's corruption, put it on all the population. For ****'s sake, he has a Minister of Corruption who, in 2 years, hasn't done jack shit.

Give me a department of 2 people, and I can start catching corrupt officials in ministries tomorrow morning.

A corrupt, senile, Iranian agent, washing his hands of his duties. That's what it is.
    What if tjose 2 people 2abado 7elwayne while working you, bokra b siro yekhtefo el malafet :)

I am not sure why you are mocking @JustLeb's suggestion. It is an excellent one.

He is suggesting a system for citizens to anonymously report corrupt behavior on the part of public officials at any level.

The reports that come in can be categorized in two:
    1) reports with documentation (video, audio, paper...)
    2) reports without documentations

Reports with documentation can be dealt with quickly and take priority. Reports without documentation can be approached by putting the alleged corrupt official under surveillance until they are caught in the act.

The problem in Lebanon is not creation of such a system; you don't really need much skill to set it up.
    The problem is enforcement against corrupt officials. That should not stop anyone from pursuing legal action against corrupt officials though.
    I am not mocking him, a hotline probably exists already, i think for isf, i hav no idea, what GMA was asking is that people start using that hotline and not succomb to bribe to shut their eyes. It was this point that justleb willingly chose to disregard, and i was pointing it out.

What I like in Bassilis is that they create their own situation and comment on it.
    I didn't ask anyone to give his personal phone number.
    I asked you in case you saw a corruption case and you want to help fighting it , how can you report it, is there a hotline???
    I will be happy if everyone refrain from bribing, but this is as wishing that no one commits a crime so there will be no need for police.
    You know something khalas forget it, don't reply to me keep your eyes closed, life is much better like that
    Stop askng me thers a hotline i have no idea, check it out for yourself and tell us.
    If the culture of bribery and ma7soubiyet doesnt change la ana w la wledak w la 2afedak b wa2fo el corruption.

My dad does it, my friends do it, a claate of mine sar bl gamerik w sar 3ando villa. Hayde s2aftak chu ba3mellak

superduper703

superduper703

What if tjose 2 people 2abado 7elwayne while working you, bokra b siro yekhtefo el malafet :)

I am not mocking him, a hotline probably exists already, i think for isf, i hav no idea, what GMA was asking is that people start using that hotline and not succomb to bribe to shut their eyes. It was this point that justleb willingly chose to disregard, and i was pointing it out.

Stop askng me thers a hotline i have no idea, check it out for yourself and tell us.
    If the culture of bribery and ma7soubiyet doesnt change la ana w la wledak w la 2afedak b wa2fo el corruption.

My dad does it, my friends do it, a claate of mine sar bl gamerik w sar 3ando villa. Hayde s2aftak chu ba3mellak
    Dude, with this mentality, nothing will ever happen. You will not ever eradicate corruption completely (even industrialized countries have corruption issues), but start by hiring a couple of good guys with cameras and microphones (Ithought all FPM guys are upstanding citizens? LOL).

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Dude, with this mentality, nothing will ever happen. You will not ever eradicate corruption completely (even industrialized countries have corruption issues), but start by hiring a couple of good guys with cameras and microphones (Ithought all FPM guys are upstanding citizens? LOL).
    Yala natrak ma3 el camera w nadourw jihaaaz ya upstanding citizen, to spot them from afar