- لا تسمية: 41
    - حسان دياب: 27
    - نواف سلام: 12
    - حليمة قعقور:1

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    Shame on Shame-L
    Why is that? He did make sense although he can barely formulate a sentence . We don't know anything about the guy and his credentials. Apparently he used to be a minister of education. Do you know of any accomplishments in that ministry since 1950? I doubt it.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What is he supposed to vote for?
    What is the program? what kind of finances will the new gov have and so on!

The man is actually the only person with some sense left!
    Halla2 in the current collapsing circumstances. do you really expect ANYONE to have a program?!? And if one does I tell you the person won't get everyone's approval...

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    We might not know Diab neither, but for sure we stopped knowing Shamel...
    yes, but still.. this does not answer the question of why and how he became the star candidate. Is it because FPM/Amal/HA are desperate for a sunni face? or does he have a great plan to save us all (that was a joke)? or because he probably will be indebted to FPM/Amal/HA and will do whatever they ask him to do?

W

wdawle1

Hariri played the long term game. He basiclally said I am not going to come, no christian cover for me.
    Now someone will get elected with no Sunni cover.

Couple of years later, this will go against Bassil in presidency race. Today More or Less Frangiyeh became the next president of this country.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Halla2 in the current collapsing circumstances. do you really expect ANYONE to have a program?!? And if one does I tell you the person won't get everyone's approval...
    I don't expect it but they should have a program of some sort! it doesn't have to be very detailed one but at least a program that puts some points on specific issues.

Like will they continue with the same financial policies for example?

opium

opium

Everybody was bashing the president for delaying the process for two months and when the consultation happened now half of the parliament didn't have a candidate to name?
    Hypocrisy at its best!
    I call the FPM to not name Diab and the president to redo the consultation until all take their responsibilities and name candidates. And every candidate should present his plan before the consultation.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    yes, but still.. this does not answer the question of why and how he became the star candidate. Is it because FPM/Amal/HA are desperate for a sunni face? or does he have a great plan to save us all (that was a joke)? or because he probably will be indebted to FPM/Amal/HA and will do whatever they ask him to do?
    Like you said they want a Sunni Technocrat front man for some strategy they are concocting...

Aegon

Aegon

No matter who voted for or against or who lacked the balls to vote for anyone, at least Hassan Diab is someone fresh and new. He is not the son/grandson/nephew of someone (maybe he is related to Maya), he is not a billionaire, he is highly educated, engineering background which means he's data-driven and a numbers guy - which is my world. Overall I think we have a slight improvement over the last PM.

What we need now is an extremely competent council of ministers. This is will be real test. He should have a say on who goes were and being an AUB Professor he surely must have many contacts in the academic world that he can nominate.

I have said since the beginning we should have a CEO or academic that is not anti-HA and this is what we got.
    Saad Hariri can go cry all night long, he was being selfish for weeks and at the end did not perform his duty as an elected official.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    we are using that word TOO LOOSELY... :) he is an academic.. .not really a technocrat :D
    yeah someone they can "sell" as a technocrat.
    He is not an independent for sure :) he is M8 mumena3a through and through :)

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Everybody was bashing the president for delaying the process for two months and when the consultation happened now half of the parliament didn't have a candidate to name?
    Hypocrisy at its best!
    I call the FPM to not name Diab and the president to redo the consultation until all take their responsibilities and name candidates. And every candidate should present his plan before the consultation.

I still don't think that Diab will become PM and if he do I expect it to end before its date of term ends

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    He is Sunni. Independent. Not corrupt. Has been a minister before (Saniora said that Khatib was inexperienced and was never even a minister to be made PM). He is a break from the traditional old faces.

He meets all the requirements of the protests. And he is neither anti American nor anti Momena3a. He is a balanced candidate. He is also a professor and a lecturer in the American University of Beirut, unlike one of our former PMs who started as PM while not knowing how to read speech without pausing and making that long ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound.

Status
    Not open for further replies.