• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Prime Minister Nomination - Reactions

Orange Pantera

Sanyoura is back, and remember me, the 1960 law will not pass and we will have elections based on 2000 law, they will bring Elies el Murr minister, they will put Georges Khoury is commender in chief and our "divine" allies will sit and watch like they did in the presidency.

fpm_stanford

dude, ma fi shakk enno there will be problems about the election law (i've been posting about that in the last few days). but to say that Sanioura coming back as PM is a catastrophy, you are DEEPLY mistaken.

ma 3am befham why everyone objects to Sanioura but not Saad? enno what is the difference between them?
ba3den, the problem before wasn't with Sanioura as a person but with the way the council of ministers was acting.
so now that the opposition has the veto, they could put a donkey as PM, ma btefrou2!

canadianlebanese

dude, ma fi shakk enno there will be problems about the election law (i've been posting about that in the last few days). but to say that Sanioura coming back as PM is a catastrophy, you are DEEPLY mistaken.

ma 3am befham why everyone objects to Sanioura but not Saad? enno what is the difference between them?
ba3den, the problem before wasn't with Sanioura as a person but with the way the council of ministers was acting.
so now that the opposition has the veto, they could put a donkey as PM, ma btefrou2!

yareit byeji donkey i would still prefer it over saniora

nonsense

Legendary Member
Sanyoura is back, and remember me, the 1960 law will not pass and we will have elections based on 2000 law, they will bring Elies el Murr minister, they will put Georges Khoury is commender in chief and our "divine" allies will sit and watch like they did in the presidency.

Na3iman ya General, wa7dak enta akalt el dareb

Why drifting off? Why are people after GMA eno yekol darb? Either this has to do with GMA alone, or the entire opposition. The latter is far more likely. Bi kafeh tot3eem droubeh.

nonsense

Legendary Member

I disagree. This person emobodied the stubborness of the loyalists, and with his own particular style. He as a PM is a disgrace. Jarabeneh, ghayro.

Saad, despite his obvious short-comings as a politician (or anything much for that matter), would represent his party for now. Post-2009 elections, with a new majority, things could be different.

Bringing back Sanyoura is a slap to the face of the opposition. And if they are fine with this slap, their people are not.

Orange Pantera

Thats not the point,

Hezbollah got what it wanted, the 2 decisions are withdrawn.

FM got what it want, they broke GMA's head and didn't give him the presidency while they took the Prime Minister position.

What did FPM got? the 1960 law? , even if we get 50 MPs in the next elections, the president will be a president agreed between Hezbollah and Hariri like Michel Sleimen.

fpm_stanford

I disagree. This person emobodied the stubborness of the loyalists, and with his own particular style. He as a PM is a disgrace. Jarabeneh, ghayro.

Saad, despite his obvious short-comings as a politician (or anything much for that matter), would represent his party for now. Post-2009 elections, with a new majority, things could be different.

Bringing back Sanyoura is a slap to the face of the opposition. And if they are fine with this slap, their people are not.

ya 3ammeh, ma kenit ma3roufeh enno they would bring him back nkeyeh bel opposition. and the US wasn't ready to give up on Sanioura.

in my opinion, the opposition knew that sanioura was coming back and they knew that since Qatar. it's too late to act offended now.

Kibitzer

In a funny way .... it all becomes equal.

GMA is the proclaim leader of the Christians - but not President
SHN is the leader of the Shiites - but not President
Hariri is the leader of the Sunni - but not President

They are all "power behind the throne".

mount_amel

Na3iman ya General, wa7dak enta akalt el dareb

Where is the problem ?

The electroal law was part of the Doha agreement but naming the PM was one of the 14 feb decisions and was not part of the doha agreement.

I dont see any problem and i think this thread should be closed and deleted since it makes no sense ...

What is the difference between Saad and Sanioura or even Jaajaa .., the three of them are sunni Leaders .. LOL

Orange Pantera

ya 3ammeh, ma kenit ma3roufeh enno they would bring him back nkeyeh bel opposition. and the US wasn't ready to give up on Sanioura.

in my opinion, the opposition knew that sanioura was coming back and they knew that since Qatar. it's too late to act offended now.

Why did GMA say SAnyoura's days are over than?

Sar metlo metl Geagea, 2el shou 7a2a2na sharake, how the hell did we 7a2a2na sharake? jebna wa7ad ma bimasel 7ada president in return the Shiaa got Nabih Berri and Sunna got Fouad el Sanyoura.

Doha agreement w sharake medre shou kello da7ek 3al 3alam, the only thing that is changed is GMA out of presidency.

Wait for 2 days, Elies El Murr will be back as minister.

fpm_stanford

Why did GMA say SAnyoura's days are over than?

Sar metlo metl Geagea, 2el shou 7a2a2na sharake, how the hell did we 7a2a2na sharake? jebna wa7ad mastoul w ahbal w ma ello lawn walla ello ta3me walla bimasel 7ada president in return the Shiaa got Nabih Berri and Sunna got Fouad el Sanyoura.

Doha agreement w sharake medre shou kello da7ek 3al 3alam, the only thing that is changed is GMA out of presidency.

Wait for 2 days, Elies El Murr will be back as minister.

noone promised that sanioura won't be coming back. if you think he wasn't, you weren't paying close attention.

as for elias el murr (or his father), one of them is going to be minister... it's not a new thing, ma3roufeh since they passed the Qatar accord.

one piece of advice: stop hyperventilating, it's not the end of the world.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
Wlek sheddooleh 7alkon shee shwayy... Every time there are news it's an all out panic...

Saniora is the PM, so f***ing what? It goes to show who is after positions (PM) and who is after actual reforms (Electoral Law)...

Actually, I thank the loyalist for the awesome gift... It will prove very helpful in 2009...

nonsense

Legendary Member

Well, I wasn't told about it then. The opposition should have vetoed Sanyoura, that is the very least they could have done.

Bit by bit it's becoming clear that the opposition did get less than what many had hoped for. I'm not saying Doha was a total loss, it wasn't. But I'm begining to seriously doubt the cost-benefit of the deal. IMHO, we could've gotten a whole lot more. At the very least, not get slapped around like this.

It is an insult to the will of the people who demonstrated since Dec 2006 against this PM and his government.

mount_amel

Well, I wasn't told about it then. The opposition should have vetoed Sanyoura, that is the very least they could have done.

Bit by bit it's becoming clear that the opposition did get less than what many had hoped for. I'm not saying Doha was a total loss, it wasn't. But I'm begining to seriously doubt the cost-benefit of the deal. IMHO, we could've gotten a whole lot more. At the very least, not get slapped around like this.

It is an insult to the will of the people who demonstrated since Dec 2006 against this PM and his government.

Dont forget that the goverment before according to one of the opposition leaders was Jumblat goverment and not sanioura ..

and dont forget that the opposition has 1/3+1 .. so no worries and things can be much better than before

fpm_stanford

My thoughts exactly...

arrogance is not a specialty of Sanioura only.
do you think that any other person that FM would have picked as PM would have been less arrogant?
any PM from FM would have been arrogant when Bush and the US administration and the Arab countries praise him 5 times a week.

kabbro 3a2lkoun ya shabeb

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member

This is actually a very good implementation of la ghaleb wa la maghloob.

Loyalist preserved the PM and the majority of the government, opposition got the blocking minority and the electoral law.

They are all universally pissed.

nonsense

Legendary Member
Where is the problem ?

The electroal law was part of the Doha agreement but naming the PM was one of the 14 feb decisions and was not part of the doha agreement.

I dont see any problem and i think this thread should be closed and deleted since it makes no sense ...

What is the difference between Saad and Sanioura or even Jaajaa .., the three of them are sunni Leaders .. LOL

We should not underestimate the importance of individuals in the game of politics, regardless of the party they represent.

And just as much as we had a thread saying bye bye to Sanyoura, we are having another saying hi hi.

Sanyoura has left us with nothing but bad memories. I don't think it is too much to ask for to respect our thoughts and feelings about him.