• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Protests in Iran - 2019

N

Nimaa

18:20 وسائل إعلام: اشتباكات بين المحتجين وقوات الأمن في طهران

18:06 منظمة العفو الدولية: مقتل 106 متظاهرين على الأقل في 21 مدينة إيرانية غالبيتهم في الأحواز وكردستان وممارسات السلطات الإيرانية تكشف نهجا مروعا للقتل

16:26 الجيش الإيراني يصف الاحتجاجات على ارتفاع سعر البنزين بـ "المؤامرة"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Where is the proof that it's mostly been in Ahvaz and Kurdestan? So far every video I've seen where people are being shot are from Shiraz, Isfahan, Mashhad and Tehran. I literally haven't seen a single video from Ahvaz and Kurdistan. Obviously there have been deaths there, but to claim that the majority have been from there shows some sort of agenda. Typical. Every time there is something going on in Iran, the vultures try to circle around.

• Advertisement
  • N

Nimaa

Where is the proof that it's mostly been in Ahvaz and Kurdestan? So far every video I've seen where people are being shot are from Shiraz, Isfahan, Mashhad and Tehran. I literally haven't seen a single video from Ahvaz and Kurdistan. Obviously there have been deaths there, but to claim that the majority have been from there shows some sort of agenda. Typical. Every time there is something going on in Iran, the vultures try to circle around.
    So after I wrote this I went looking and found a video from a Kurdish city. But the majority are still from Persian cities.

Edit again: there seems to be some validity to the claim that there are a lot of deaths in Kurdish areas now that I'm looking. The number of videos coming out aren't corresponding with the numbers though. A couple of places I looked at keep repeating that tens of people in Kurdish areas have been shot, but I'm not seeing the videos. We'll see.

Out of all the major Persian cities, Shiraz and the surrounding areas are losing the most number of people which isn't surprising. It's the birthplace of Persian nationalism and the old capital of the Achaemenid dynasty. It's also one of the most pro monarchy cities.

Azeris as usual seem to be siding with the mullahs.

Last edited:
    proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    It's official. The Islamic regime has neared its end. Trump won't quit before he destroys the Ayatollas.
    We'll be here celebrating the fall of the Islamic Republic in a few months.
    Trump has little more than five years left in office.
    It might not be long enough to destroy Ayatollahs, but Trump will be able to weaken Ayatollahs hold on Iran and contribute to their eventual demise.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Iranian regime is extremely ruthless and it has hundreds of thousands of people who will fight for it, but if the Iranian regime were gone, I think it would change Lebanon more than it would change Israel, and probably change Lebanon for the better in allowing a Shia alternative to Hezbollah and Amal to emerge.

If Iran were gone it would also change Syria, and that would have reverberations for Lebanon. Could Bashar al-Assad survive in power without Iran? It's a possibility that can't be ruled out.

No one knows how the 2019 Iran protests will end, but I think time is against the Islamic Republic since (pre-sanctions) 60-70% of its revenue came from oil sales and the world is now coming into a glut of oil, with demand slack due to how EVs are becoming more viable. Every year also brings advances in renewable energy too, which reduces demand for natural gas.

If the United States abandoned sanctions and Iran tried to sell its 2 mpd of oil, the price of oil would fall significantly and Iran would have more money, but no windfall.

Most of world's dictatorships are oil exporters who can subsidize heavily and tax lightly, and so escape the demand for accountability. That was Iran's model for decades, but due to Iran's budget crisis, it can no longer do this. The 2017-18 Iranian protests started after Iranians learned of budget cuts to social programs. These protests started with cuts in fuel subsidies.

Yes, Khamenei can rule through brute force and try to rally support through conjuring foreign enemies (like Israel), but over time, budgetary stress is going to make that a lot harder and it might make it harder for the Islamic Republic to sustain its rule at own and its quasi-empire in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon.
    This is why I often post that HA needs to stop the war rhetoric against Israel. It is not productive.

The Lebanese focus should be on negotiating a solution for the Palestinian refugees, with regional and international actors. That solution cannot include settlement in Lebanon.

However, if Israel and other countries refuse to find a solution to this problem, then HA remains a needed deterrant.

People can't expect the Lebanese to give up their safety nets, without dealing with the issues that make those safety nets necessary.

Both sides need to grow up and behave better.

The situation is the same with Iran. Both sides of the Sunni / Shia regional divide are behaving poorly.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What 'self-esteem' got to do with this "repeating with and without any reason that Iranians hate Arabs and that Arabs hate Iranians".

The only question should be here is whether it is true or not.
    Khamenii makes the claim that he is Arab, so technically Iran is ruled by the Arabs and Iranians are following the opinion of a totalitarian Arab that impersonates a historical Arab called al-Hussein who was killed and beheaded in the historical narrative, but in the mind of the Iranians his "revolution" was accomplished by ousting the Iranian Shah by the Arab Khomeini to liberate Iran from the evil Americans.

Iranians are mentally confused people to actually believe in this crap which is supposedly the Arab discourse if they did not like something about the Arabs which also makes them massively obey Khamenii.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    11:01 دخول الدبابات إلى مدينة شيراز الإيرانية قبل قليل

10:36 روحاني يتهم أجانب بإشعال الاحتجاجات ويعلن انتصار الحكومة على "الاضطرابات" والشعب الإيراني نجح مجددا في اختبار تاريخي ولم يعط ذريعة لأعداء البلاد لاستهداف أمنهم واستقرارهم

SAVO

SAVO

Khamenii makes the claim that he is Arab, so technically Iran is ruled by the Arabs and Iranians are following the opinion of a totalitarian Arab that impersonates a historical Arab called al-Hussein who was killed and beheaded in the historical narrative, but in the mind of the Iranians his "revolution" was accomplished by ousting the Iranian Shah by the Arab Khomeini to liberate Iran from the evil Americans.

Iranians are mentally confused people to actually believe in this crap which is supposedly the Arab discourse if they did not like something about the Arabs which also makes them massively obey Khamenii.

hossein was a fondamentalist who want to fight to take power from omayadi.. so its like a fight between daesh and al nusra ..

the people back then in kufa , karbala and whole middle east wanted to get rid of both of them and convert into atheism.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    There's a huge difference between Israelis being glad to see anti-regime protests in Iran versus Israel _causing_ those protests. Even if Israelis are praying the regime falls primarily so that they don't have thousands of missiles pointed at them, it's not like Israelis wouldn't also be truly happier if Iranians had personal freedom, a non-corrupt government, democracy, and a flourishing economy. A person can sincerely want to see the end of the Iranian regime out of opposition to both Iran's domestic and foreign policies.

I know we differ, but I don't think that Israel would be a problem for Lebanon if it weren't for Hezbollah, and earlier, the PLO. If Hezbollah respected the border and didn't constantly make belligerent statements, so would Israel. Israel's own military posture towards Lebanon (which you see as requiring deterrence by Hezbollah) is a reaction to Hezbollah's own posture towards Israel.
    Israehell always has an excuse to threaten Lebanon and kill Lebanese. Had Lebanese not stood up to liberate their lands, Israehell won't have any sleepless nights to add Lebanese lands into their occupation memorabilia. Don't forget that before the existence of Hezballah, Israehell had excuses to attack Lebanon. Our capital city was invaded by Israehell under the flimsy excuse that some Palestinians tried to assassinate the Israehelli ambassador in London. Before the PLO, Israehell sent us refugees in their hundreds of thousands.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    hossein was a fondamentalist who want to fight to take power from omayadi.. so its like a fight between daesh and al nusra ..

the people back then in kufa , karbala and whole middle east wanted to get rid of both of them and convert into atheism.
    Review the Ashura thread. It was active or opened about two months ago during Ashura. Similar discussion has taken place. No need to repeat the same answers and questions and go off topic. And dont worry, the state is not falling in Iran. If it didn't fall in France, it won't in Iran. But some ill wishers love to exaggerate their fantasies to dream about a change of system in Iran.

SAVO

SAVO

Review the Ashura thread. It was active or opened about two months ago during Ashura. Similar discussion has taken place. No need to repeat the same answers and questions and go off topic. And dont worry, the state is not falling in Iran. If it didn't fall in France, it won't in Iran. But some ill wishers love to exaggerate their fantasies to dream about a change of system in Iran.

i was not following 2 months ago so i missed the show ..
    i know about ashoura ,when the drunk of nabatieh start cutting their head :D.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    It's official. The Islamic regime has neared its end. Trump won't quit before he destroys the Ayatollas.
    We'll be here celebrating the fall of the Islamic Republic in a few months.
    Be careful, so we dont see your fall in a few months like we saw the fall of Bolton who wanted to celebrate Christmas in Tehran.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    i was not following 2 months ago so i missed the show ..
    i know about ashoura ,when the drunk of nabatieh start cutting their head :D.
    You sound like an illiterate. I'd ask you to up your posts with intelligence a little bit.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Israehell always has an excuse to threaten Lebanon and kill Lebanese. Had Lebanese not stood up to liberate their lands, Israehell won't have any sleepless nights to add Lebanese lands into their occupation memorabilia. Don't forget that before the existence of Hezballah, Israehell had excuses to attack Lebanon. Our capital city was invaded by Israehell under the flimsy excuse that some Palestinians tried to assassinate the Israehelli ambassador in London. Before the PLO, Israehell sent us refugees in their hundreds of thousands.
    It is laughable to read your last sentence knowing that the exchange of "refugees" was both ways. This is to say that Lebanon gave Jews that wanted to leave the country a one way ticket with the condition of no return and Yemen, Iraq and Egypt expelled their Jewish population to the Jewish State.

Now you are a fool to believe that this does not mean recognition by Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen and Egypt of the Jewish State, I mean to send their Jewish population there. But the double standards and the deception is yours as usual. This is because it is your country and your party that refuses to give the Palestinians in the refugee camps inside Lebanon citizenship because these Palestinians are Sunni. This is not about the right to return because all Christian Palestinians have been naturalized and now these Christians are citizens of Lebanon.

SAVO

SAVO

You sound like an illiterate. I'd ask you to up your posts with intelligence a little bit.
    yes when it comes to barbaric religious act i wont use shakespearian language to describe the things they are doing ..common

and seriously , most of nabatieh people who do haidar thing are arak drinkers :D..trust my words i know them by names..