• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Public Schools: One teacher Per three students

Public Schools:
One teacher Per three students

Following the approval of the public employee salary scale, teachers have received high salary increases and six exceptional pay grades, which significantly raised the state education budget. However, there was no increase in the number of public school students, causing the cost of public education to rise to LBP 6 million per student, i.e. almost equal to the cost of private education. The educational level in some public schools is low comparable to that of private schools.

One of the major reasons for the rise is a surplus of teachers (and of course their wage increase) compared to the number of students. We found that there are 88 public schools with one teacher per three students or less, and 110 schools with a teacher–student ratio between 1:3 and 1:4.

What a disgrace!

Aoune32!

Comments

Public institutions are electoral machines.
They allow za3ims to hire their constituents, then give them high salaries and in return, the employees would vote for the same leader over and over again.

But fear not, we found oil and Lebanon is soon to become an oil giant and Aoun bayy el kell and cheikh saad ma fi menno and we should be greatful that Aoun is our president and that he's fighting corruption (despite his minister of corruption not opening a single file), and that we're getting more income from the customs (we meaning the state.....who is using the money to pay these teachers).....

Yalla, I made it easy so that none of the FPM/Government have to work hard in order to find excuses for this scandal

Public Schools:

Following the approval of the public employee salary scale, teachers have received high salary increases and six exceptional pay grades, which significantly raised the state education budget. However, there was no increase in the number of public school students, causing the cost of public education to rise to LBP 6 million per student, i.e. almost equal to the cost of private education. The educational level in some public schools is low comparable to that of private schools.

One of the major reasons for the rise is a surplus of teachers (and of course their wage increase) compared to the number of students. We found that there are 88 public schools with one teacher per three students or less, and 110 schools with a teacher–student ratio between 1:3 and 1:4.

What a disgrace!
Saying public school education level is low compared to private education is an understatenent!

I taught public school children for a while, at first it was supposed to be after school help for math/physics exclusively, I soon realized these children that were in 7th-8th and 9th grade could barely read and write! Curriculum was expanded to envolve everything they needed help with... Public school teachers are a bloody disgrace! Those who take their job seriously are very rare... The rest just show up, mistreat children, teach them nothing as they are often unqualified themselves and get paid in the process!

Our education system needs major reforms, this includes private schools as well.. but priority number 1 should be improving public schools

Saying public school education level is low compared to private education is an understatenent!

I taught public school children for a while, at first it was supposed to be after school help for math/physics exclusively, I soon realized these children that were in 7th-8th and 9th grade could barely read and write! Curriculum was expanded to envolve everything they needed help with... Public school teachers are a bloody disgrace! Those who take their job seriously are very rare... The rest just show up, mistreat children, teach them nothing as they are often unqualified themselves and get paid in the process!

Our education system needs major reforms, this includes private schools as well.. but priority number 1 should be improving public schools
As long as the maronites get the president, sunnis the PM and shias the speaker, all is good in Lebanon.
Education? Who needs that????

The za3im will learn on our behalf.

Naturalised Persons by Sect

Naturalized persons by sect:
Few are “Maronite” or “Druze”
The enactment of Naturalization Decree No. 5247, dated June 20, 1994, has granted Lebanese nationality to 202,527 persons, distributed among the legally recognized Lebanese sects. Despite their large numbers, the Maronite and Druze sects received the lowest share relative to their population. 2,725 Maronites and 4,337 Druze have been granted Lebanese nationality, while the highest share was among Sunni Muslims, numbering 118,295 persons, i.e. 58.5% of the total naturalized population.
- Sunni: 118,295
- Shia‘a: 28,425
- Alawite: 7,954
- Druze: 4,337
Muslim total: 159,011
- Greek Orthodox: 10,736
- Armenian Orthodox: 9,977
- Greek Catholic: 6,617

Public Schools: One teacher Per three students

Public Schools:

One of the major reasons for the rise is a surplus of teachers (and of course their wage increase) compared to the number of students. We found that there are 88 public schools with one teacher per three students...

بعد الرابية.. هذا هو مفتاح «بيت الوسط»!

مفتاح «بيت الوسط» – مقر الرئيس الحريري – في يد جُمانة. الاتصال متاح للصحافي لطلب موعد لحديث كما للمعجبين. يمكن أن تتصل معجبة لتسأل عن إمكانية لقاء «الشيخ» سعد للإعراب عن إعجابها تمامًا كما كانت تفعل رولا نصار – قبلها توفيق وهبة – بأجندتها إثر إدارة الرئيس عون كتلة التغير والإصلاح أم عقب تحريره على يد «مناصريه» من المنفى المظلم. يظهر بين كل هذه الثنايا نادر الحريري: من هو؟

يعرف ولا يعرف عنه الكثير. يظهر في أروقة صحيفة «النهار» بصفته عضو مجلس إدارة ولا يظهر كاتبًا في جريدة «المستقبل» الإداري فيها كما القناة. هو في عمق صحيفة «الأخبار» بالصداقة التي تربطه برئيسها فيكاد يخبرك مثلًا الزميل سعود، الذي سمى ابنه تيمنًا باسم زوجة نادر، كيف أن نادر أمضى السهرة أمس مع شلّة الأصدقاء وعمّا كان الحديث وكيف أن الآن عون، قريب...

Biases inside corporations

Ars Technica

Google fired James Damore for a controversial gender memo—now he’s suing

Google CEO Sundar Pichai...
Google and EU now penalize sites for extremist content
Earlier 2017 Germany and the EU approved a new bill that lets them impose fines reaching €50M for failure to remove online hate crime, fake news, extremist content fast enough.

Germany's Cabinet has approved a new bill on curbing hate comments and fake news on social media.
Chancellor Angela Merkel's Cabinet on Wednesday agreed on rules that would impose fines of up to 50 million euros (53.4 million dollars) on social networking sites that fail to swiftly remove illegal content, such as hate speech or defamatory "fake news."

German Justice Minister Heiko Maas said that companies offering such online platforms are responsible for removing hateful content.

Lets get personal a bit

Why is this not catching on? I must be the only one not using social media apps lol
spacecreature wrote on Red Phoenix's profile.
Just discovered the feature "follow" so I have started following you now! Not sure how that works though haha..but anyway you have become as rare as a Unicorn, I miss your humour and witty remarks. Visit and post more often plz!
Watching kadh wjam...never thought I would like such shows, but it's actually well done n very funny...
Great discovery yesterday night, Sami Clark is the voice behind Grenizer????!!! I had no fk idea!!!!! Was overwhelmed with nostalgic feelings of joy...and shock haha! I was a bit bored by the repertoire he was singing in down town, well not personally but kinda feeling bad for him thinking all that young crowd was not relating to him in anyway, wondering why they invited him, then suddenly BAM! EPIC MOMENT!
Happy New Year from Samoa! (Ok I don't live there I'm kidding lol but wanted to be the first to wish you all a fruitful and exciting 2018 blessed with health, prosperity and peace! And lots of petrol in our sea hopefully and bahbouha for everyone, if they let us ! :)

Our twitter feed