Racism reigns in Lebanon: “But you don’t look Lebanese”

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Who claimed they are fast because they ran inlands? I am just describing how it started and why it lasted until easily the 60s and why some people still claim it and i am not saying its true!! a stereotype stays even if it is completely false....you misunderstood my post or you did not read it.

The whole point is that this started with slavers and even if it has proven to be wrong the stereotype is still there...and until the 60s black people in the USA due to segregation were not included in swimming sports as they cannot be in the same pool as the whites were never able to prove themselves.

And the equatorial guinee story is the stereotype that they are not able to shake off!! let me guess the previous record was help by a white person but no one linked that to being white?
here ya go:

I advise you to reread what i wrote .... you understood the complete opposite of what i said.
You're linking up issues that are unrelated.

It is not a negative stereotype when it is obvious one race excels in a particular sport and not in the other. It has to do with physiology, and not racism. I still dont buy the slavery/racism link to swimming and Blacks underperforming.

And bringing up an article that a White guy held the slowest record in a swimming event is also BS. It is like saying a Black guy in a pack of 8 Black sprinters took last. Of course, that is what is going to happen when all of them competing are from the same race. Do you expect the skin color of the one taking last position to evolve to another color within the spate of ten seconds or 2 minutes?

Leave Blacks and swimming aside. White people cannot run faster than Black people. It is a fact. So explain why White people can't run fast.

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Yup. So if you no have problem admitting that blacks are genetically predisposed to be better sprinters than white people, why is it unlikely they have less developed mental abilities?
    Genetics play a bigger part in intelligence than we like to admit.
    But any research about this topic is being blocked by the ulta-PC brigade.
    Lean muscles + bigger muscles in the right places + less body fat ===> good runner.

I can see the lean muscle mass, the height and longer appendages in West African sprinters. These are positive attributes.

Similarly, you see the big body mass, height and more body fat in a White swimmer which means ===> better swimming ability.

But I can't see the smaller brains in Black people and it hasn't been proven Black people have smaller brains or they make use less of their brains. From the little I know, Blacks tend to have better mental endurance than a White person. I can argue that White people have poorer brains and base that on all the wars they have fought and atrocities committed.

However, going by science and technology and inventions which have been embraced by all races, and other races are excelling in them, it cannot be proven that only Whites can excel in learning or technology or in science. You have things like patents, copyrights, trademarks, franchises etc. Because technological advancement and learning have not been proven to be the bastion of only one race and their brains.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    You're linking up issues that are unrelated.

It is not a negative stereotype when it is obvious one race excels in a particular sport and not in the other. It has to do with physiology, and not racism. I still dont buy the slavery/racism link to swimming and Blacks underperforming.

And bringing up an article that a White guy held the slowest record in a swimming event is also BS. It is like saying a Black guy in a pack of 8 Black sprinters took last. Of course, that is what is going to happen when all of them competing are from the same race. Do you expect the skin color of the one taking last position to evolve to another color within the spate of ten seconds or 2 minutes?

Leave Blacks and swimming aside. White people cannot run faster than Black people. It is a fact. So explain why White people can't run fast.
    Dude i am out. Let's agree to disagree....

but for the record:
    1) black people can swim like any other human on earth and the stereotype has history linked to it. Swimming and olympic medals are 2 different things. you are missing the point that the stereotype was about ALL black people at the ability of swimming and not winning gold medals in swimming.

2) I never claimed anything about running and will not enter it because you want to ignore many facts and stick to your prejudice even if i agree that physical attributes can help you perform better. Denying physical differences is stupid the skin color is different already.

3) white people are not smarter than black people they are pretty much the same

We are not discussing the same thing...you are talking olympics where 0.1 second may be the difference between 1st and 6th in a 100m dash ....im talking random fella off the street not pro athletes you entered that into the conversation. Reread my initial post.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Dude i am out. Let's agree to disagree....

but for the record:
    1) black people can swim like any other human on earth and the stereotype has history linked to it. Swimming and olympic medals are 2 different things. you are missing the point that the stereotype was about ALL black people at the ability of swimming and not winning gold medals in swimming.
    I think you are arguing with the wrong person here. Who says they can't swim because they are Black? I never said that.

You must be arguing with yourself. I am talking about swimming ability at top levels, which means excelling in swimming competitions. They can of course swim but not better than others. I am talking at professional levels. You obviously jumped into the discussion without reading the previous posts. You just saw a point about swimming and wanted to troll.

2) I never claimed anything about running and will not enter it because you want to ignore many facts and stick to your prejudice even if i agree that physical attributes can help you perform better. Denying physical differences is stupid the skin color is different already.

3) white people are not smarter than black people they are pretty much the same

We are not discussing the same thing...you are talking olympics where 0.1 second may be the difference between 1st and 6th in a 100m dash ....im talking random fella off the street not pro athletes you entered that into the conversation. Reread my initial post.
    In the larger populations, you will find variations. Varied results. Generally, a Black guy on average can run faster than a White guy or a Lebanese guy on average. If I am to pick out RANDOMLY an average 21 year old Ghanaian from the streets of Accra or Lagos and pick out a 21 year old from Beirut or Berlin, it is likelier (higher probability) the 21 yo from West Africa can run faster than his RANDOM counterparts from Beirut or Berlin or Paris.

On average, a White person is a better swimmer than a Black guy (even after training) in a public pool or on average. Its is likelier a 21 yo from Moscow can swim faster than a 21 yo from Abidjan.

You wanted to point out I was falling for a racist prejudice/stereotype that started during slavery. Even that didn't prove Blacks can't swim at all (meaning once in water they sink like stone) because of their skin color. I never said Blacks can't swim at all (meaning once in water they sink like stone) because of their color and I never said Whites can't run at all because of their skin color.

We are talking about how some races excel in one particular sport than in the other. Our friend @AtheistForJesus said similarly, race has to do with intelligence and believes Black people are less intelligent; to which I don't agree as there is no correlation and that is meant to paint and discriminate NEGATIVELY against another race. Especially that intelligence is what differentiates humans from lesser animals. Making a claim that people from a particular race are unintelligent is meant to degrade and relegate people to the position of lesser animals.

You brought in two different subjects into the discussion: the average Black Joe can swim too (I never said no). And that Blacks IN THE PAST had reasons to stay away from swimming (that may be true but we are talking about today and the results in sports and not about yesterday). Next time, read previous posts before jumping into argument.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    I think you are arguing with the wrong person here. Who says they can't swim because they are Black? I never said that.

You must be arguing with yourself. I am talking about swimming ability at top levels, which means excelling in swimming competitions. They can of course swim but not better than others. I am talking at professional levels. You obviously jumped into the discussion without reading the previous posts. You just saw a point about swimming and wanted to troll.

In the larger populations, you will find variations. Varied results. Generally, a Black guy on average can run faster than a White guy or a Lebanese guy on average. If I am to pick out an average 21 year old Ghanaian from the streets of Accra or Lagos and pick out a 21 year old from Beirut or Berlin, it is likelier the 21 yo from West Africa can run faster than his counterparts from Beirut or Berlin or Paris.

On average, a White is a better swimmer than a Black guy in a public pool or on average. Its is likelier a 21 yo from Moscow can swim faster than a 21 yo from Abidjan.

You wanted to point out I was falling for a racist prejudice/stereotype that started during slavery. Even that didn't prove Blacks can't swim at all (meaning once in water they sink like stone) because of their skin color. I never said Blacks blacks can't swim at all (meaning once in water they sink like stone) because of their color and I never said Whites can't run at all because of their skin color.

We are talking about how some races excel in one particular sport than in the other. Our friend @AtheistForJesus said similarly, race has to do with intelligence and believes Black people are less intelligent; to which I don't agree as there is no correlation and that is meant to paint and discriminate NEGATIVELY against another race. Especially that intelligence is what differentiates humans from lesser animals. Making a claim that people from a particular race are unintelligent is meant to degrade and relegate people to the position of lesser animals.

You brought in two different subjects into the discussion: the average Black Joe can swim too (I never said no). And that Blacks IN THE PAST had reasons to stay away from swimming (that may be true but we are talking about today and the results in sports and not about yesterday). Next time, read previous posts before jumping into argument.
    just to be clear i was giving you amunition on how stereotypes start and not arguing anything so that troll @AtheistForJesus stops with the whites are smarter...because all prejudices have some story behind them and this was just an example...you took it the wrong way

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    just to be clear i was giving you amunition on how stereotypes start and not arguing anything so that troll @AtheistForJesus stops with the whites are smarter...because all prejudices have some story behind them and this was just an example...you took it the wrong way
    Oh really? So what does the below mean? What did you mean?

@Lebmonage is that you in the pic? you do not look lebanese! lol

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Oh really? So what does the below mean? What did you mean?
    It is freaking kobe briant i have been watching the NBA religiously for 19 years now!! it was a joke linked to the title of the thread.... it was blatantly idiotic on purpose man!

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    We are talking about how some races excel in one particular sport than in the other. Our friend @AtheistForJesus said similarly, race has to do with intelligence and believes Black people are less intelligent; to which I don't agree as there is no correlation and that is meant to paint and discriminate NEGATIVELY against another race.
    That's yet to be proven.
    I'm of the opinion that Africansjave inferior intelligence, which is why Africa hasn't produced any great civilizations in history (Ancient Egyptians were not black), and why it remains the poorest continent on earth despite its wealth. Many scientists found a correlation between race and intelligence but no one is interested in their findings. It's too taboo of a subject.

And now you can go back to enjoying your little PC contest with the Leftist troll @mrsx

PC tejgeel be like "I'm less racist than you are"

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    That's yet to be proven.
    I'm of the opinion that Africansjave inferior intelligence, which is why Africa hasn't produced any great civilizations in history (Ancient Egyptians were not black), and why it remains the poorest continent on earth despite its wealth. Many scientists found a correlation between race and intelligence but no one is interested in their findings. It's too taboo of a subject.

And now you can go back to enjoying your little PC contest with the Leftist troll @mrsx

I thought with your high intellect you would know how to tag people correctly...
    If its makes you sleep better at night thinking how whites have amazing civilisations while blacks do not....because they are smarter stay in your ignorant bliss living in the great standards of white lebanon.
    I am not biting on your trolling again ...so funny the troll trump doll your high IQ flies past our heads ... yalla cya (i do not buy any shit you post because you only do it for reactions so i do not even believe your stances so not going to argue)

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    That's yet to be proven.

You apparently equate White colonialism, slavery, wars, atrocities, and exploitation with intelligence.

It isn't like the Arab world can have a single passport, a single currency and a union. But guess what? The White man would feel threatened and provoked. So they put puppets in place or else, its turmoil and wars. They would be the ones to fuel the wars. It is a similar case in Africa. The French still keep foreign reserves of its former colonies. France prints their currencies. Just to imagine these same countries are said to be "sovereign" and "independent". France opposes a common western African currency that isn't within its control. France would sponsor a coup against any leader in its former colony that opposes its policies. France received colonial tax. And yet, the French man is more intelligent in your eyes because he is White and rich through highway robbery.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    rance prints their currencies. Just to imagine these same countries are said to be "sovereign" and "independent". France opposes a common western African currency that isn't within its control. France would sponsor a coup against any leader in its former colony that opposes its policies. France received colonial tax. And yet, the French man is more intelligent in your eyes because he is a highway robber.
    BTW in december they annouced the end of the CFA for something new that is not linked to france called the ECO but still it was a deal with france and somehow france will surely have a hand in it but to a lesser degree i imagine or just rebranding.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    BTW in december they annouced the end of the CFA for something new that is not linked to france called the ECO but still it was a deal with france and somehow france will surely have a hand in it but to a lesser degree i imagine or just rebranding.

The ECO was supposed to be a regional currency for ECOWAS spearheaded by Nigeria. Nigeria is anglophone. France and it's puppet francophone leaders beat Nigeria to the plan and proclaimed the currency just for francophone countries with the possibility of anglophones joining under French conditions. In other terms, France is ensuring a regional currency that is still within its colonial grip. The CFA would be replaced only by name.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

Does the below sound familiar (remember, these same colonialist and exploitative powers won't "allow" others have nuclear weapons, while they have and preach democracy):

"...Because of this, former French African countries are ruled by life presidents, whose only reason in power is to keep protecting and promoting French interests and only hand over to another French gatekeepers, who in some cases are their own sons..."

"...Understandably, France controls the former colonies’ economies through its control of their currencies through the currency union known as West African CFA and Central African CFA. Pegged to the French Franc, both give France directly controlled to their economies. Little wonder even with the emergence of the Euro, rather than let go, in the absence of French Franc, the two CFA currencies became pegged to the Euro and by so doing became directly tied to the French treasury that makes final exchange of the CFA to the Euro. As if not enough, the two CFA zone economies have continued to allow France to compulsorily retain 50% of all these countries’ Euro foreign reserves.

Thus, France has been acting in its ‘former’ colonies in West and Central African the same way Mayer A. Rothschild acted across Europe throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, which led to the Rothschild banking dynasty being known for causing and prolonging many wars across European states. This was because financing wars seemed to be a more profitable banking business than financing businesses. Little wonder, Mayer Rothschild was quoted as saying, “Give me control of a nation’s money supply and I care not who makes its laws,” meaning he who controls any country’s money supply automatically controls its political and economic well-being, especially because it enables it to always install the person’s protégés all the time with little or no opposition."

NewLeb

NewLeb

US basketball teams are over 90% blacks and US swimming teams are over 90% White. In both cases no one bates an eyelid because these selections are based on ability to play the game or swim. If you can compete, no one stops a black person from joining a swimming team or a white person joining an NBA team
    Exactly, and thus there’s no need to create things like “racial quotas” to make sure that basketball teams have a particular percentage of non-blacks, so people like you won’t have yet another thing to be offended about.

That’s not the case when it comes to others spheres like academia and the jobs market.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    @AtheistForJesus

Can you explain why the above French exploitation is okay?

France is still subjugating its former colonies politically and especially, financially and economically.

The francophone countries get their currency reserves kept in France. Gold reserve in France. Their currency printed in France. They pay colonial tax to France.

The US is exploiting the Middle East countries in a similar or worse way. Fomenting wars and creating turmoil to sell weapons in hundreds of billions and lay hands on our resources. Draining our region economically through bloodshed among it's peoples. Dividing us and setting us apart so we don't join hands for progress like having a single currency and passport.

Iraq's gold after Saddam is in the US and Iraq cant dream of reclaiming it. Lebanon's gold is in the US too and we can't get it back, even if we want to. Venezuela's gold in the US too and the US doesn't want to let go.

Oil rich Middle East countries under US military protectionism; with puppets ruling and if they reject any American dictate, the threat of removal is always on standby, like France did with some heads of state in francophone African countries (e.g. Burkina Faso).

Any country (e.g. Iran) that attempts to break free economically and politically would be threatened, isolated, surrounded and punished with sanctions and even threatened with war and invasion.

Yet, Africans and Arabs are the "illegal immigrants" to Western countries and are the "terrorists". They have taken our resources, taken control of our political and economic will and they are on our soil. But we are not allowed entry to their countries, which they have built with our sweat and money and resources. The White Man still lectures us about democracy, human rights and freedom while at the same time invading other nations and building walls.

NewLeb

NewLeb

@AtheistForJesus

Can you explain why the above French exploitation is okay?

France is still subjugating its former colonies politically and especially, financially and economically.

The francophone countries get their currency reserves kept in France. Gold reserve in France. Their currency printed in France. They pay colonial tax to France.

The US is exploiting the Middle East countries in a similar or worse way. Fomenting wars and creating turmoil to sell weapons in hundreds of billions and lay hands on our resources. Draining our region economically through bloodshed among it's peoples. Dividing us and setting us apart so we don't join hands for progress like having a single currency and passport.

Iraq's gold after Saddam is in the US and Iraq cant dream of reclaiming it. Lebanon's gold is in the US too and we can't get it back, even if we want to. Venezuela's gold in the US too and the US doesn't want to let go.

Oil rich Middle East countries under US military protectionism; with puppets ruling and if they reject any American dictate, the threat of removal is always on standby, like France did with some heads of state in francophone African countries (e.g. Burkina Faso).

Any country (e.g. Iran) that attempts to break free economically and politically would be threatened, isolated, surrounded and punished with sanctions and even threatened with war and invasion.

Yet, Africans and Arabs are the "illegal immigrants" to Western countries and are the "terrorists". They have taken our resources, taken control of our political and economic will and they are on our soil. But we are not allowed entry to their countries, which they have built with our sweat and money and resources. The White Man still lectures us about democracy, human rights and freedom while at the same time invading other nations and building walls.
    Yea, yea white people are evil. We know the drill...

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Yea, yea white people are evil. We know the drill...
    I do not judge how good or bad a people are based on the color of their skin...but based on their actions. And actions differ from one individual to another even within the same household, talk less of within the same race. So I am not like you.