• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Racism reigns in Lebanon: “But you don’t look Lebanese”

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    lol its not the kafala system that is wicked, even tho it is unfair and stoneagy, it is the mentality of the lebanese towards the help that is wicked and degrading..
    i swear this economic crisis is a blessing, kel charchouta w charchout sar badoun yen2ebro yzabbto baytoun w yrabbo wledoun metl el chatrin, nchalla b zello ba3doun metel ma keno yzello el khadam.

#thankyouriad

I told you so

I told you so

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    lol its not the kafala system that is wicked, even tho it is unfair and stoneagy, it is the mentality of the lebanese towards the help that is wicked and degrading..
    i swear this economic crisis is a blessing, kel charchouta w charchout sar badoun yen2ebro yzabbto baytoun w yrabbo wledoun metl el chatrin, nchalla b zello ba3doun metel ma keno yzello el khadam.

#thankyouriad
    Indeed, thank you Abu Riad.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    *انتحار عاملة اثيوبية في منطقة بئر حسن بيروت*

IMG-20200731-WA0029.jpg

cedarheart

cedarheart

Legendary Member
    Well, given that most black-skinned people are house workers in Lebanon, I can understand the reaction by the salesclerk. There’s no need to get all emotional and make a monologue about it like this silly girl does.
    Really?
    even if she is a house worker, or even a beggar on the street, the salesclerk reaction (if true as reported by the video) is unprofessional, unethical, and immoral. The irony is that some sales clerk in Leb make equal or lower wage than some house workers
    All humans are equal and all human deserve respect, and equal service regardless of color, belief, look, wealth, etc

NewLeb

NewLeb

Really?
    even if she is a house worker, or even a beggar on the street, the salesclerk reaction (if true as reported by the video) is unprofessional, unethical, and immoral. The irony is that some sales clerk in Leb make equal or lower wage than some house workers
    All humans are equal and all human deserve respect, and equal service regardless of color, belief, look, wealth, etc
    Immoral? Lol. It was certainly unprofessional (assuming this lady is telling the truth), but to equate a remark that may have been based purely on ignorance with immorality is quite the stretch.

I think a lot of the misery in Lebanon is due to certain minority groups gaining power over the original majority....

cedarheart

cedarheart

Legendary Member
    Immoral? Lol. It was certainly unprofessional (assuming this lady is telling the truth), but to equate a remark that may have been based purely on ignorance with immorality is quite the stretch.

I think a lot of the misery in Lebanon is due to certain minority groups gaining power over the original majority....
    Yes, discrimination in any of its form is an immoral act

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Yes, discrimination in any of its form is an immoral act
    Do not waste your time. This guy, NewLeb AKA Manifesto AKA AtheistforJesus is a bonafide racist who thinks Blacks are inferior and brutes and deserve the harsh discriminatory treatment they get. He also equates Shiites in Lebanon to Blacks in the US. You can see that from his analogy about minorities gaining power over the traditional majority. He doesnt care about discrimination, inhumanity, marginalisation or oppression. He is just full of himself. And to make it even more weird, he is gay and his boyfriend is Black. Yet still he regards Blacks as of inferior intelligence. But not inferior when it comes to drilling him. The guy is not okay. Something is really wrong psychologically with him. He has multiple personality disorder apparently.