Rare flyers, pamphlets, war documents and memorabilia from Lebanon

spacecreature

spacecreature

After reading the opening post again it sounds like one of those flyers they drop by airplanes
20180424_092220.jpg

The above reply in another thread reminded me of this tiny flyer I have been keeping all this time from back when I was still a kid, and I'm curious if anyone else here has ever seen it before???? Or maybe have similar documents to share. I don't know how rare this is, but it seems that way to me. It would be fun to know others have seen it too and maybe share the full story.
In my case, we were visiting my grandmother's house in Beirut el Sid, after the war, we still hadn't moved back to Lebanon yet then, it was right after the war ended, not sure the exact date...maybe in 1990 or 1991..anyway this helicopter flew over our playground and it started raining on us flags and flyers. It was epic haha, as a kid it felt that way anyway lol. I no longer have the flags, they were very popular back then you know those small paper flags that were plastered on most walls, we had some in our bunker lol..anyway so I kept this flyer. They came in more than one color, green blue pink, I think I used to have a bunch of them somewhere but that's the only one I still have currently.

I think such things should be kept in a museum, maybe the Beit Beirut museum or something.

Do you guys have any similar documents you can share with the rest of us?

• Advertisement
  • spacecreature

spacecreature

This should interest you :)

It's great someone thought of doing such a book! I just wish it could be displayed more like a traditional museum and people can see them in real with real life sizes and textures etc.. We need more museums and stuff to visit in Lebanon.

By the way my thoughts are with "your people" for the rememberance day ..peace. xoxoxo

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's great someone thought of doing such a book! I just wish it could be displayed more like a traditional museum and people can see them in real with real life sizes and textures etc.. We need more museums and stuff to visit in Lebanon.

By the way my thoughts are with "your people" for the rememberance day ..peace. xoxoxo
    Good idea! And thank you <3

manifesto

manifesto

I have that book. :) But now I mostly use it as a door stopper.