reforms in the public education sector.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
it is really surprising that the student in the public school is costing the government on average more than the tuition in a private school. it will be much cheaper to close all the public schools and have the government pay for the tuition of the students from lower income families. thousands of unfit and incompetent people have been recruited into teaching positions, without there being any need for them in the sector to begin with.

this is a topic that i would like you to bring up with your local candidates if you happen to meet with them in electoral meetings, or even call them up and urge them to find an appropriate solution for this crumbling sector.

• Advertisement
  • Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

it is really surprising that the student in the public school is costing the government on average more than the tuition in a private school. it will be much cheaper to close all the public schools and have the government pay for the tuition of the students from lower income families. thousands of unfit and incompetent people have been recruited into teaching positions, without there being any need for them in the sector to begin with.

this is a topic that i would like you to bring up with your local candidates if you happen to meet with them in electoral meetings, or even call them up and urge them to find an appropriate solution for this crumbling sector.
    Apparently Bou Saab or somebody that Bou Saab knows was talking about a project to make education accessible to everyone without any increases in tax
    Maybe your proposition is what is being discussed

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Apparently Bou Saab or somebody that Bou Saab knows was talking about a project to make education accessible to everyone without any increases in tax
    Maybe your proposition is what is being discussed
    When he was minister , he launched a pilot project in which they assigned the management of a public school to a private sector (I think the sabis management) to assess the cost of top level education per student in a public school if it was to be covered by the state. they found it to be barely 2000$ or a bit more.

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

When he was minister , he launched a pilot project in which they assigned the management of a public school to a private sector (I think the sabis management) to assess the cost of top level education per student in a public school if it was to be covered by the state. they found it to be barely 2000$ or a bit more.
    THAT would be one of the game changers for Lebanon if it is implemented and a great heritage for Aoun

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Most of the public staff should be fired. Costing the state a fortune and they simply don't do crap. You have more than 100K teachers who work like 5-6 hours a day max and get paid for 13 months work + incentives.

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter

i wish, but where will all the teachers go ??... public sector should stop recruting for 2 years and restructure , hope they force them to do so according to cedar 1

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    i wish, but where will all the teachers go ??... public sector should stop recruting for 2 years and restructure , hope they force them to do so according to cedar 1
    there is a weird phenomena occurring out in the public employment sectors, upon attempting to organize a sector and weed out the good employees from the bad ones through a common test related to their jobs, all hell ensues and demos break out refusing that criterion.

a big part of the teachers in the public sector are simply not fit for teaching, if they want to make a living they should rise up to the task or stay home.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What are the requirements for being a teacher in Lebanon?

@Nayla