Question Regardless of politics, what should FPM do to improve its image?

walidos

walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You make a good point with closing the forum :p

I have seen this same forum evolving from anti sectarian forum to a very sectarian forum ye3ni this forum has become worst than the LF forums from back in the old good days!

This forum is attracting more of the Anti Muslim and pro Israeli people for some reasons.. the amount of hatred allowed in this forum was never allowed pre 2005 but since FPM or Aoun in particular adopted a hateful sectarian speech the forum did as well but also there was a time when this forum after the MoU started to attract HA supporters.. at one time I was even banned for having Assad and laughing donkey in my avatar because it upseted some HA fanboys now they are mostly all gone.

Also to be fair the old users of this forum were not so much filled with hatred like so many users are today toward others they used to more open about others.

For example take the Deep into threads they would never be allowed pre 2005 to fall into the same BS instead there would be real deep discussions instead of posting BS from other social media to attack the particular religion.
Funny enough, “before” the forum was part of FPM... it broke loose after the meddling of Patrick Bassil if I recall...

• Advertisement
  • Rachel Corrie

Rachel Corrie

Legendary Member
    Supreme leader's term doesnt end. They just auto renew.
    Maybe you are tired of leading the Oroom. You will soon get a sack letter for that comment. I hope Bassil doesn't read the forum.

Noborders

Noborders

Legendary Member
    Funny enough, “before” the forum was part of FPM... it broke loose after the meddling of Patrick Bassil if I recall...
    without going into personal names but if remember right tayyar.org wanted to unite some FPM sites into one website under tayyar.org but then after a while when this forum became part of the tayyar.org it became headache for them so they asked to close this forum completly but obviously there was too much hard work and time given to build this forum so the oroom refused their request or at least both agreed to go their ways or something.
    But u are right since the meddling it started going down the hill.. aslo badak min ykoun elou jalad to keep it professional... keeping it professional takes way too much time! it is more than a full time job!

R

Ralph N

I believe not much can be done to make the image of FPM good anymore if Zain el Omar is leaving to Canada .. I believe he lost all fate in this country... and in its leaders ...and in FPM.. its a big message ...

Its hard to see Michel Aoun forcing Gebran to power... I am not against Gebran in leadership, I am against the way he was forced...ONLY...

Also we need a Leader like Michel Aoun... or better then him... I dont believe someone like that is in FPM...

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I believe not much can be done to make the image of FPM good anymore if Zain el Omar is leaving to Canada .. I believe he lost all fate in this country... and in its leaders ...and in FPM.. its a big message ...

Its hard to see Michel Aoun forcing Gebran to power... I am not against Gebran in leadership, I am against the way he was forced...ONLY...

Also we need a Leader like Michel Aoun... or better then him... I dont believe someone like that is in FPM...
    Ziad aswad
    Ibrahim Kenaan

W

What

I think antagonists relations existed on the Forum since it started. The binary opposition was secular but situated between Arab and non Arab Lebanon and was transformed into confessional politics with the blessings of Hezbollah.
    The Forum had always attracted supporters and opponents to Israel.
    Your choice to identify with the Muslim identity rather than your secular identity is what changed.
    You took the decision to join the sectarian identity and defend Islam, thus feeding into the sectarian division. You should also blame yourself for playing the sectarian role.

Certainly here one can read angry Muslims and Christians of Lebanon humiliating each other with some creative imagination of history and conquest being brought to construct confessional history.

You became a participant. If you were secular you would not care if Islam was insulted. Because you would have separated your faith from the political debate. It will be a faith and not an identity. But Islam is not a faith. It is a political identity for this that believes so
    " But Islam is not a faith. It is a political identity for this that believes so "

All religions are political :

1- This includes Judaism the most fervent political identity and has a habit of ethnic cleansing non Jews

2- in Christianity you have the Vatican its political and Most Mideast Christians including in isreal identify as Christian first - which is the definition of political identity - by contrast Sunni Muslims are the most secular among secularist in the MENA and Iranian among shits - the republican party in the US is based on evangelical ( without evangelicals there support the republican party wont survive - thus the strong pro isreal among republican ) .

3- Even France is not truly secular - secular is to be neutral - Mosques are mostly banned from the call of pray while all churches are allowed the call of pray this is not neutral , France has a history of favoring Christians & Christianity in the MENA .

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    1- This includes Judaism the most fervent political identity and has a habit of ethnic cleansing non Jews
    Judaism is not a religion. This is to say that Jews don't have to believe in G.d. G.d appeared to them at Mount Sinai and spoke to Moses. They don't have to believe that he exists. They know. Islam and Christianity are religions because you have to believe in these religions interpretation of what the Jews know for a fact.
    So Judaism is not a religion that preaches people to believe in G.d.

W

What

In fact FPM is in crisis. Its outdated Christian victimization discourse which feeds into its existence is essentially derived from the constituent point of the Arab Conquest, which in all cases conquered Jewish and Hebrew and not Christian and Syriac Lebanon, is in the process of being dispersed.
    The collapse of the Saudi Arabian monarchy will also collapse ISIS and then FPM will have nothing to talk about to stay in power.
    This is in addition to its incapacity to reach out to the wider Lebanese public because FPM survives only by creating conflict througg dividing sectarian practices.

Confessional sectarianism delineates FPM philosophy of existence.

The evolution of the Lebanese public associated with the widespread of the I internet and social media interaction are constructing a public that stands in sharp contrast with the backward and primitive way of government entrenched in the party's value system, a system erected on sectarian antagonists.

" the constituent point of the Arab Conquest, which in all cases conquered Jewish and Hebrew ...... "

1- The Arab were in the Levant from Pre-Christian times ( thus i wont call it an Arab Conquest )

I would call it the Muslim/Jewish Liberation-conquest :

According to Jewish tradition : The companion of Prophet Mohammed set aside the Roman ban on Jews and allowed them into Jerusalem and to worship freely , in 613 CE About 1400 years ago Jews convinced the Pagan Persian Sasanian Empire to liberate Palestine - in conjunction with the Persians :The Jews swept through Palestine, destroyed the monasteries which abounded in the country, and expelled or killed Christians and the monks ( by contrast when Muslim liberated Palestine they didn't allow Jews to kill/harm monks or Christians ) .
    The idea of liberating Palestine was suggested by the Jews , they also played a key role in the early Islamic expansion .

2- "FPM is in crisis. Its outdated Christian victimization"

its driven by Maronite Tribalism in their eyes Islam crated the Arab world and Arabic is strongly associated with islam as noted by Gebran him self , this is why they strongly oppose the Arab identity/language and support the Aramaic language since they believe its associated with the Christian religion - although even Aramaic and all the Semitic languages were spreed by the ancestors of Arabian/ haplogroup J1 The emergence of Y-chromosome haplogroup J1e among Arabic-speaking populations

3- Despite the Grisly record of both Assyrians as conquerors and later Christianity as force converters , FPM dont have any issue with them in fact they love them - the Assyrians were known for the systematic distraction of ethnic groups and force Assimilation policy's - Christianity was also known for force conversion "Be Christian or die." There's no sense in pretending this was an exceptional missionary tactic; for many centuries, it was the method of choice among Christian rulers & missionaries ." - by contrast Muslim were known for tolerance this is why most Mideast Christians like orthodox preferred Islamic rule over other Christian denomination because Muslims were not in the habit of force conversion .

National Museum of Denmark :
    The conquering of Non Christian countries was praiseworthy if the objective was to Christianize their inhabitants (force conversion).

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f4af/bb82f1b7920fa9444e29eb128bd13832cd46.pdf

Modern times :

1- According to historians : Terrorism as a tactic in the Mideast did not appear until the 1920s it was undertaken on behalf of Jewish interest not Muslim once.

2- When Jews toke over Palestine they ethically cleansed most Palestinian Christian & Muslims ( many of this Palestine Christian refuges were granted citizenship in Muslim majority countries , can Palestinian Christian refuges or immigrants return back to their homeland Palestine " modern day isreal" ? No ) .

The Palestinian People were in Palestine before they converted to Christianity or Islam and certainly before Zionism - which established the ethnic cleansing state of isreal , see : Ethnic cleansing of Palestinians, or, democratic Israel at work

3- The British were aware of Jewish plans to ethnically cleans non Jews , before the Palestinian vs Zionist violent/conflict started , ethnically cleansing of non Jews eventually materialized .

Last edited:
    W

What

Judaism is not a religion. This is to say that Jews don't have to believe in G.d. G.d appeared to them at Mount Sinai and spoke to Moses. They don't have to believe that he exists. They know. Islam and Christianity are religions because you have to believe in these religions interpretation of what the Jews know for a fact.
    So Judaism is not a religion that preaches people to believe in G.d.

Their are Christians and Muslim who dont believe in God , yet they are very Tribalistic about their Muslim or Christian identity and religion , although they dont believe in god or religion - its not unique to Jews

Judaism is a religion many orthodox Jews believe in it , their are people who convert to Judaism so its a religion - thus Please stop trolling non-seance lies such as Judaism is not a religion ---- it is a religion ----

The interpretation of what it means to be Jewish have changed in time - other religions could do the same - the bible is clear about what dose Jews mean if you dont believe in god or take another god then Jews kill you as an infidel .

Last edited:
    Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @What
    Excuse me but you are distracting this thread from its purpose and I will not continue this discussion.
    I just clarified a misconception in the previous post and I stop here.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Why does every single thread turns into a Christian VS Muslim thread?? It's very annoying!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    Why does every single thread turns into a Christian VS Muslim thread?? It's very annoying!
    Because people in lebanon only hav a religious identity and thats not their fault, they were lumped up together like many other states witjout taking into consideration what they identify with

walidos

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    How does a thread about what FPM can do to improve its image turn to a religious discussions on ethnic groups, ethnic cleansing and DNA test results?

#wtf