Rice is becoming a bit too nosy for my liking

Incognito

Incognito

Not that I've ever liked the US' foreign policy to begin with, but the US is simply not stopping with its agenda in Lebanon.

Lebanon and Syria have just gone through an awkward period and we're now starting to settle our issues and return to normal "brotherly" relations, and in the back of our ears we have the Rice-cracker peckering away, trying to keep relations sour.

In addition to the US propaganda war to keep tension between Lebanon and Syria, they have also started targeting Iran by accusing Iran of training Hizballah in Lebanon.

Can someone just turn around and tell her to bugger off?

Why doesn't she go save her starving Africans in Niger? That's a better assignment.

• Advertisement
  • Comrade Bassam

Comrade Bassam

Legendary Member
    accusing Iran of training Hizballah in Lebanon.
    Accusing ???????

Why doesn't she go save her starving Africans in Niger? That's a better assignment.
    You remind me of a member in the forum who once was giving me an advice by asking why doesn't FPM struggle for AIDS instead of worrying about politics...

Comrade Bassam

neutral

neutral

Legendary Member
    they have also started targeting Iran by accusing Iran of training Hizballah in Lebanon.
    Man, who started Hezbollah in the first place? wasnt it the Iranian revolutionary guards that were based in the Bekaa valley?
    btw, what do u think Hassan Nasrallah is doing in Iran now? working on his suntan i guess...

mo781

mo781

Not that I've ever liked the US' foreign policy to begin with, but the US is simply not stopping with its agenda in Lebanon.

Lebanon and Syria have just gone through an awkward period and we're now starting to settle our issues and return to normal "brotherly" relations, and in the back of our ears we have the Rice-cracker peckering away, trying to keep relations sour.

In addition to the US propaganda war to keep tension between Lebanon and Syria, they have also started targeting Iran by accusing Iran of training Hizballah in Lebanon.

And let her do it, at least she's keeping them on their toes and in check.

Now imagin if the US stopped sending overt messages of warning to Syria, then our "brotherly" neighbours might think they have the green light to go back to the olden days.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    USA all the way

My friend, u must come to realize that without the US pressure on syria, we wouldnt have seen our second independence.
    And I also believe that there's no such thing as "brotherly relations" with the baathist regime. Assad belongs with saddam.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

it was a Syrian agenda (we were complaining), now it's an American one (we're still complaining but differently...no Mazzé and moukhabarat ahead) ...until we restore our sovereignty back (Palestinian problem, Hezbollah's weapons, Lebanese army on the borders)

Lebanon and Syria have just gone through an awkward period and we're now starting to settle our issues and return to normal "brotherly" relations
    no, not yet, let's wait for Mr. Detlev Mehlis report, then, if everything is ok, we can restore our normal "brotherly" relations.

and in the back of our ears we have the Rice-cracker peckering away, trying to keep relations sour.....In addition to the US propaganda war to keep tension between Lebanon and Syria
    Did the U.S close the Syro-Lebanese border? Did the U.S deport Lebanese from Damascus to Beirut? is the editor-in chief of al Baath /Teshrine/al sawra an American?

they have also started targeting Iran by accusing Iran of training Hizballah in Lebanon.
    False accusation?

CPL

CPL

the US is simply not stopping with its agenda in Lebanon.
    It's not America's problem. It's our duty to strengthen our immunity and make ourselves less dependant on the outside.

Of course if we want ourselves not to be the beggers of the world, we will have to improve our self economy and set clear and safe programs for the short and long runs. So really, if external countries are interfering in our business, the blame should be on us, who are allowing it, by making ourselves economically vulnerable.

This is why it is extremely important for the FPM to implement national reform and remove the corruption especially on the economical level.

When I have food in my kitchen, I wouldn't worry about the delicious smell coming from my neighbor's house.

Incognito

Incognito

To all,

First, don't just claim the Iranians are training Hizballah IN LEBANON, at least provide me with some recent, clear evidence that demonstrates the Iranians are based on Lebanese soil and training Hizballah.

Second, Syria did not close the borders because of the US, nor did she reopen them because of the US. Lebanon and Syria have issues to sort out themselves, and the US is doing nothing but trying to create obstacle between our relations with Syria and Iran.
    The US is not the fair judicator in this case, they're a thorn.

We all know the US has an hostile policy towards both Syria and Iran, and I don't think Lebanon should be used as a US pawn against Syria and Iran.

haikal_e

haikal_e

i can understand where you are all coming from.

on the onehand americans have freed us from Syrian rule and hegemony, let me add, which they helped or at least one must concede allowed. And on the other hand what Lebanese wants to see syrian replaced by America, or any other country for that case.

i too would much prefer to see Lebanon take control of its own destiny, and not fall puppet to bigger and more powerful countrys. However, it is unrelistic to think that Lebanon can do that now.

with "brotherly" and "friendly" neighbors like Syria, Israel, and even Iran, Lebanon needs as much help from America not only to protect its soveriegnty but also to rebuild its economy.

I guess the differnce between Syria, Israel and Iran compared to America is that 3 of these countries have clear desire to rule Lebanon, and one could argue have no interest in a prosperous democratic Lebanon, however, the US, has clear desire for Lebanon to become democratic amd prosperous, as this is at the moment is in Americas interest.

Incognito

Incognito

i can understand where you are all coming from.

on the onehand americans have freed us from Syrian rule and hegemony, let me add, which they helped or at least one must concede allowed. And on the other hand what Lebanese wants to see syrian replaced by America, or any other country for that case.

i too would much prefer to see Lebanon take control of its own destiny, and not fall puppet to bigger and more powerful countrys. However, it is unrelistic to think that Lebanon can do that now.

with "brotherly" and "friendly" neighbors like Syria, Israel, and even Iran, Lebanon needs as much help from America not only to protect its soveriegnty but also to rebuild its economy.

I guess the differnce between Syria, Israel and Iran compared to America is that 3 of these countries have clear desire to rule Lebanon, and one could argue have no interest in a prosperous democratic Lebanon, however, the US, has clear desire for Lebanon to become democratic amd prosperous, as this is at the moment is in Americas interest.

How is it in the American interest to have a democratic and prosperous Lebanon?

How is it democratic when the US are interfering in our internal and external affairs?

And bribing us with economic aid to do what they want is not "protecting" our interests.

They interfered in our elections, they interfered in the forming of the government, and they're interfering now with decisions such as Palestinian settlement, Hizballah and relations with Syria and Iran.

Why don't we just ask to become the 52nd state (behind Israel, 51) of the US since they're so interested in making decisions for us?

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Incognito,

First, don't just claim the Iranians are training Hizballah IN LEBANON, at least provide me with some recent, clear evidence that demonstrates the Iranians are based on Lebanese soil and training Hizballah.
    Approved by Loubnanito
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050728/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_lebanon

Second, Syria did not close the borders because of the US, nor did she reopen them because of the US.
    So why did they close the border? ta yrabbouna?

Lebanon and Syria have issues to sort out themselves,
    I agree, that's why Sanioura went to Damascus

and the US is doing nothing but trying to create obstacle between our relations with Syria and Iran.
    what are those obstacles the U.S are creating?
    we want the best relations with Syria, but not the Baathist Syria, and we want the best relations with Iran, but not the radical Iran ruled by Mollahs.

We all know the US has an hostile policy towards both Syria and Iran,
    I'm also against Baathist Syria and radical Iran, but this doesn't make me an imperialist, nor a Zionist.

and I don't think Lebanon should be used as a US pawn against Syria and Iran.
    Throughout history, Lebanon never attacked its neighbours...Lebanese were ALWAYS on the defensive. We don't want to be pawns, we just want a free and sovereign nation.

Stan

Stan

Lebanon_Arabic, just for the sake of credibility next time you post an article choose more reliable sources. Try google instead.

other than the title of the article, the only part where they talk about Iran tarining Hizb"

Asked by Rep. Howard Berman (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., whether Iranian cadres were training Hezbollah in Lebanon, Welch replied, "Yes."

Its very convincing dont you think?

CPL

CPL

Ummm as far as I know, there are still Iranian armed people in Baalbeck. They're the "Iranian Revolution Guards", and they did train Hizbullah militants.

Now if they are STILL training them or not, or if Hizbullah is sending its militants to Iran to train them...that I don't know.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Stanfordee,
    Lebanon_Arabic, just for the sake of credibility next time you post an article choose more reliable sources. Try google instead
    This article was written by Barry Schweid, an Associated Press Diplomatic Writer. Incognito asked for a source, i didn't invent it....everyone should be able to interpret what's on their (U.S) mind.