• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Right to Bear Arms

• Advertisement
  • Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    In short the opinions are not reconcilable and i understand both points ...i just prefer a system where if i like guns i go to a shooting rage or designated hunting areas where i keep my gun and have as much fun as i want ...exactly like racecar enthusiasts that has to go to a racing ring...
    no need to dig deeper.
    That was already the established law in Canada.
    But there is now a drive to ban anything that looks scary (termed assault-style instead of assault) from being taken to a gun range or to hunting. Previously, you needed police permission to take your Ar-15 to the gun range. Now you're not allowed to own it with a 2 year amnesty period.

As a realistic gun owner, I don't mind having specific "gun zones". As I would naturally not use my gun somewhere else (aside from perhaps my own property if I own a large acerage, more than 100km away from a street).

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    speaking of the right to bear arms in lebanon :lol: :lol: :lol:

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    6 bullets in 5 seconds is spraying...all it takes is 1 in the wrong place.
    John Wayne over there should know that a bullet goes at about 2500 ft per second. So no matter how skilled and fast he thinks he is, the odds will always be with the armed idiot who will shoot first. Perhaps he should work on making sure idiots can't get armed in the first place, you know, just so his odds peek above 50% when in a shoot out. Unless he intends to shoot first, in which case he will be the armed idiot who will most probably end up dead or in jail.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    They are against "Hate speech" becoming law in the States unlike Leftist groups.
    They are against banning "holocaust revisionism" unlike Leftist groups.
    They are against establishing "safe spaces" and censoring forms of speech in universities unlike Leftist groups.
    They are against online censorship on platforms unlike Leftist groups. (It's the equivelant of comparing Minds.com ran by Libertarians to Twitter.com ran by progressives).
    They are against heavy rules and regulations concerning almost everything. Guns, beer, properties, cars, etc etc.
    They are against problems largely of their own imagination so they can continue their cycle of self-victimization to justify their guns. Got it.

BTW, denial of genocide is illegal in Switzerland, punishable with imprisonment. Those guns not helping with the free speech thing.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    BTW, denial of genocide is illegal in Switzerland, punishable with imprisonment. Those guns not helping with the free speech thing.

At least you could do "holocaust revisionism" in Switzerland. Youtube songer in the UK was arrested for rather tame songs about the Jews that included skepticism of some of the holocaust claims.

They are against problems largely of their own imagination so they can continue their cycle of self-victimization to justify their guns. Got it.
    Guns are a secondary issue in itself, but often a prelude to more government control.
    As we say in Arabic
    أُكلت يوم أكل الثور الأبيض

Last edited:
    Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    They are against heavy rules and regulations concerning almost everything. Guns, beer, properties, cars, etc etc.
    Read The Great Transformation by Karl Polanyi, you'll realize that everything you believe in is false and has the opposite consequence of what you expect to be the result. The people who want you to hate 'leftist' or whatever the term means are deep state agents and corporate spindoctors out to brainwash you and keep you docile while the great theft of America is ongoing and the elite squeeze ever more wealth into their hands. Your government is captured by the moneyed elite and your society is in spiraling decay. No amount of guns is going to be enough to face heavily militarized police and armed forces with sophisticated weaponry. Your country has been captured a long time ago and it's only now that the veil is being lifted. You'll soon realize just how ****ed you are.

Myso

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
    Read The Great Transformation by Karl Polanyi, you'll realize that everything you believe in is false and has the opposite consequence of what you expect to be the result. The people who want you to hate 'leftist' or whatever the term means are deep state agents and corporate spindoctors out to brainwash you and keep you docile while the great theft of America is ongoing and the elite squeeze ever more wealth into their hands. Your government is captured by the moneyed elite and your society is in spiraling decay. No amount of guns is going to be enough to face heavily militarized police and armed forces with sophisticated weaponry. Your country has been captured a long time ago and it's only now that the veil is being lifted. You'll soon realize just how ****ed you are.
    I recommend you read "Rationality: From AI to Zombies" by Eliezer Yudkowsky. It will help in eliminating your childish conspiracy theories and give you a real sense of rationality and skepticism.

Concerning your tired point that militiziard police and armed forces can control 100 million armed citizen, refer to the objections above given to that very naive conjecture.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Yeah, Karl Polanyi is gonna explain for me what I am thinking.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Dirty wars is another good read ... not an ideological book but more of investigative journalism.