• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Orange Room Elections 2019 Round 2: Vote for your final 4 moderators

Who will be your new 4 moderators for 2019/2020?

• The_FPMer

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Isabella

Votes: 68 63.6%
  • Apostate (aka Nasser)

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • Aoune32!

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Lebmonage (aka Rachel Corrie)

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • StopWorryingLoveTheBomb

Votes: 66 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorje

Legendary Member
@Picasso @Jorje @Isabella

Some of the people who harrassed, bullied, and lied about me when I was a moderator, now bullying and lying about others. Then calling them weak, if they quit...or "bad moderating candidates" if they so much as tell the bullies to shut up.

*Brace yourselves for incoming lies about what a bad moderator I was.*

You were one of the worst moderators in the history of the forum. Deleting posts at your whim in heated conversations you entered. We are hardly the only ones though who complained. I remember your current friend Muki, distinguished posters like Goku and many, many others.

Cute though how desperate you're trying to trigger a fight. Go back to the hole you share with LVV. /ignore.

!Aoune32

Shouldn't you then start practicing how to be respectful and how to engage in a heated conversation without lowering your esteem?

You are only degrading yourself with the low manners you have showed until now.

low manners? The only one low is the manner of your gang. i have nothing to prove to you aslan. you want to vote for me great you dont want to vote for me great. i wish to stay the course and people want change. so whatever u reply to me mate has no affect. i know what i need to do to put the ship back on course and again I will do it as ONE team if I become mod.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

Some of the people who harrassed, bullied, and lied about me when I was a moderator, now bullying and lying about others. Then calling them weak, if they quit...or "bad moderating candidates" if they so much as tell the bullies to shut up.

I neither harrassed nor bullied you, you decided to abuse your mod powers and delete my post in order to win an argument and my backlash against you was well warranted and deserved in my opinion.

The fact you're still lying about it to this day is shameful to say the least.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
This whole situation is a big, ****ing shame.

I'm a newcomer here. Take it from me - this community is brimming with good, intelligent people who care enough about Lebanon to keep posting about it on a forum for years. Great people on all sides. How ridiculous is it that the breakdown in communication has become so bad that a community that should, on paper, be a prime example of responsible political debate and disagreement so easily devolves into mteris w khtoot tames?

I used to believe the usual suspects here are nothing but trolls. I was wrong. Trolls do not put this much effort over such a long period of time. The "trolls" are a minority that is being bullied and persecuted. Their reaction to this is understandable, but not better: siege mentality, and subjecting people "from the other side" to the same labeling and bullying they themselves are the victim of. Well, guess what? Those same people are also victims of bullying. Do you know why?

Because as people who believe in this country, each in our own way, we are all victims. We follow the news. We argue. We look for hope. We fight for the future we want for ourselves and for our compatriots. We struggle like hell - on the physical level, psychological level or both. In return, all we get is doom, and gloom, and pain. Worst of all, a lot of that pain is inflicted on us from people who are exactly the same as us, but on the other side.

Do not misunderstand. This isn't some stupid rant about how Lebanese are all "the same", and "divided by politics". **** that bullshit. We are not. But the people on this forum are. And we are a minority - because we care so much, and we can articulate it.

I am an FPM supporter. 3a ras el sat7. @Resign, right now, sits on the far end of the political spectrum. We can attack each other with all we got when it comes to politics, within the rules of minimum respect. Does that mean we can't exit that area later and agree on mutual love for a movie? Does that mean I shouldn't stand up for him when he gets misunderstood and attacked, and he shouldn't ask how I'm doing when the country goes to hell? Does it mean I can't tell him off when he's being a bit of a **** without demonizing him? In real life, this is just idealistic crap, but shouldn't this forum be the perfect place for that? A place where conversations are sorted and separated, and people can't shout over each other or lose control? A place to remind us all that we're human, first and foremost, and that we're more alike than we are different?

I'm not even going to reread what I wrote before posting, or I'll probably delete half of it. Maybe it's all just stupid. Maybe it doesn't make any sense. Hell, maybe I'm completely off the mark, and people who have known this place for years know better and disagree with me. But I really do believe we should be able to do better, for the sake of communication and for the sake of this community.

Cheers.
@mrsrx, tala3lak a post that's not "wrapped in velvet" menne. Mni7 hek? :p
And yeah, I'm pretty pissed @The_FPMer felt he needed to withdraw.

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Ma 3a bena I'm harassing you in threads and you asked that I do not mention you, and now you are trying to instigate.

I refrained because I respect my promises, but you love animosity, don't you?

My word to you is that the only reason you are defending Aoune32! is because he reminds you of yourself. You used your moderation power to ban, silence and attack those who disagree. You go all over the place attacking a certain religion, expressing racism. After banning those who criticized a religious institution, you went crazy all over the place, pulling off your hair, and you were a bad, very bad example of a moderator. And now you are trying to breed another you!

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter

I'm a newcomer here. Take it from me - this community is brimming with good, intelligent people who care enough about Lebanon to keep posting about it on a forum for years. Great people on all sides. How ridiculous is it that the breakdown in communication has become so bad that a community that should, on paper, be a prime example of responsible political debate and disagreement so easily devolves into mteris w khtoot tames?

I used to believe the usual suspects here are nothing but trolls. I was wrong. Trolls do not put this much effort over such a long period of time. The "trolls" are a minority that is being bullied and persecuted. Their reaction to this is understandable, but not better: siege mentality, and subjecting people "from the other side" to the same labeling and bullying they themselves are the victim of. Well, guess what? Those same people are also victims of bullying. Do you know why?

Because as people who believe in this country, each in our own way, we are all victims. We follow the news. We argue. We look for hope. We fight for the future we want for ourselves and for our compatriots. We struggle like hell - on the physical level, psychological level or both. In return, all we get is doom, and gloom, and pain. Worst of all, a lot of that pain is inflicted on us from people who are exactly the same as us, but on the other side.

Do not misunderstand. This isn't some stupid rant about how Lebanese are all "the same", and "divided by politics". **** that bullshit. We are not. But the people on this forum are. And we are a minority - because we care so much, and we can articulate it.

I am an FPM supporter. 3a ras el sat7. @Resign, right now, sits on the far end of the political spectrum. We can attack each other with all we got when it comes to politics, within the rules of minimum respect. Does that mean we can't exit that area later and agree on mutual love for a movie? Does that mean I shouldn't stand up for him when he gets misunderstood and attacked, and he shouldn't ask how I'm doing when the country goes to hell? Does it mean I can't tell him off when he's being a bit of a **** without demonizing him? In real life, this is just idealistic crap, but shouldn't this forum be the perfect place for that? A place where conversations are sorted and separated, and people can't shout over each other or lose control? A place to remind us all that we're human, first and foremost, and that we're more alike than we are different?

I'm not even going to reread what I wrote before posting, or I'll probably delete half of it. Maybe it's all just stupid. Maybe it doesn't make any sense. Hell, maybe I'm completely off the mark, and people who have known this place for years know better and disagree with me. But I really do believe we should be able to do better, for the sake of communication and for the sake of this community.

Cheers.

We're all pissed dude
I'm looking forward seeing your orange username in few days 👍

agnostic

Legendary Member
You, my friend, are obsessed 😂
I sincerely believe that my country is facing a 4th generation warfare. Knowing your allegiance to Israel, it is natural that I keep an eye on you. You remind me a Dae3ishi guy (a Syrian that I succeeded to let him show what he has in his heart) employed by a business partner. I always keep an eye behind my shoulders whenever I am in visit to this partner.

I sincerely believe that my country is facing a 4th generation warfare. Knowing your allegiance to Israel, it is natural that I keep an eye on you. You remind me a Dae3ishi guy (a Syrian that I succeeded to let him show what he has in his heart) employed by a business partner. I always keep an eye behind my shoulders whenever I am in visit to this partner.

Haydeh el 4th generation warfare sarlon fatra meshyin fiha Al Manar, el yom keino 3ala iza3it el Nour.

The "professor" spent an hour talking about it... I am always amused by conspiracy theory programs; my favourite is "ancient aliens" on history channel :android: :alien:

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I neither harrassed nor bullied you, you decided to abuse your mod powers and delete my post in order to win an argument and my backlash against you was well warranted and deserved in my opinion.

Well said.

It's laughable when you read @Indie talking about lying, ganging up on someone etc. when she herself championed all kinds of character assassination when she was a moderator, deleting posts of mine while keeping others' posts which were disgraceful to say the least, just because they fit in her sectarian racist line.

And until today @Indie shamelessly lies that I want the extermination of Christians. She is either schizophrenic or drowned and suffocated in her religious and racist bigotry that she lost all kind of attachment to reality. Clinical therapy is very useful in such cases!

Last edited:

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
Well I did and replied to Aoune32! while not mentioning her, despite the fact that I read her post and saw how she unjustly describes what's going on. But then she mentions you when you avoid her, and now she will go crying all over the place saying that I'm harassing her. We are dealing with a psychological case here.

Yea no one cares about your hate towards Indie
We love her

Move your hate to a private window and agree with each other all you want.

Jorje

Legendary Member

Cheers.

That's as velvety as anything you wrote. ;) Velvet anger.

Maybe you have a real talent for this. My prediction is that you're on your way on a long and distinguished career as a supermod.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Et voilà...

You were one of the worst moderators in the history of the forum. Deleting posts at your whim in heated conversations you entered. We are hardly the only ones though who complained. I remember your current friend Muki, distinguished posters like Goku and many, many others.

Cute though how desperate you're trying to trigger a fight. Go back to the hole you share with LVV. /ignore.

Ma 3a bena I'm harassing you in threads and you asked that I do not mention you, and now you are trying to instigate.

I refrained because I respect my promises, but you love animosity, don't you?

My word to you is that the only reason you are defending Aoune32! is because he reminds you of yourself. You used your moderation power to ban, silence and attack those who disagree. You go all over the place attacking a certain religion, expressing racism. After banning those who criticized a religious institution, you went crazy all over the place, pulling off your hair, and you were a bad, very bad example of a moderator. And now you are trying to breed another you!

Someone just quit the forum as a result of bullying. Instead of taking a moment to reflect on your behaviour, your response was to belittle him and to keep up the same behaviour against others.

You have done the same to me, in the past. This is not an isolated behaviour.

This is the last reply you will get from me. My post was not meant to start another chain of pointless arguing. But since you insist on misleading others with mean-spirited posts, a rebuke was needed to set the record straight.

Jorje

Legendary Member
Well said.

It's laughable when you read @Indie talking about lying, ganging up on someone etc. when she herself championed all kinds of character assassination when she was a moderator, deleting posts of mine while keeping others' posts which were disgraceful to say the least, just because they fit in her sectarian racist line.

And until today @Indie shamelessly lies that I want the extermination of Christians. She is either schizophrenic or drowned and suffocated in her religious and racist bigotry that she lost all kind of attachment to reality. Clinical therapy is very useful in such cases!

Yep, and the cycle will repeat. She's going to play the victim card and accuse us of "bullying her" after trying to instigate a fight out of bloody nowhere.

Transparent like crystal water. The ignore medication works the best.

Viral

I think @The_FPMer is a true patriot. He felt sad and affected to see himself in the camp of @Muki and @joseph_lubnan .

I regret not having understood him before.
man shut up seriously. no one wants ur smart ass comments halla2.
Thank you future moderator.
It is regrettable we don’t have enough interested candidates that meet a minimum quality requirement as far as ethics, impartiality and respect to all.
I think @Jo should consider a techno-political formation of moderators: Two should be elected and the other two should be assigned by @Jo team based on their historic performance and how close they are to meeting the Original objectives and Values the forum stood for.
I believe many would be interested if approached but they didn't want to become victims of smear campaigns launched by so many professional trolls hanging over our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.