• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Orange Room Elections 2019 Round 2: Vote for your final 4 moderators

Who will be your new 4 moderators for 2019/2020?

• The_FPMer

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Isabella

Votes: 68 63.6%
  • Apostate (aka Nasser)

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • Aoune32!

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Lebmonage (aka Rachel Corrie)

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • StopWorryingLoveTheBomb

Votes: 66 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorje

Legendary Member
So you call @Indie "the worst moderator" and @Aoune32! "would-be oppressor", but you're willing to vote for people like Isabella, a self-admitted failure of a moderator, and Apostate, who recently gave us a plenty of reasons not to vote for him.

You don't sound like someone who judges people based on their qualifications.

He did his job for a year. You and the rest of the trolls actually said in his own candidate thread that he's been an excellent mod. When he just wouldn't join the gangster mentality that you're spreading here you turned against him.

I mean, the fact that someone who had multiple bans almost became a moderator goes to show what you and the rest of the gang are doing to this forum.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
What is more important is that both candidates and voters know that whoever wins here and becomes a moderator, will have a VERY INSIGNIFICANT impact on Middle East politics and the balance of power between Iran and KSA. I can guarantee that. The maximum a moderator will win is a vacuum cleaner, and a bottle of wine to help with stressful threads like this one.

So as much as it is entertaining seeing all the debates here, the "camps" being formed, and the extra effort by groups to support a moderator from here and a moderator from there.. at the end of the day, the moderators will be held responsible for their actions by the Admins (way more than they were before), so the powers are quite limited to being "public servants".

Once again, good luck to all the candidates.. and i really look forward to working with you, regardless of who you are and to what axis you belong.
Let's Make this Forum Great Again!

Last edited:

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He did his job for a year. You and the rest of the trolls actually said in his own candidate thread that he's been an excellent mod. When he just wouldn't join the gangster mentality that you're spreading here you turned against him.

I mean, the fact that someone who had multiple bans almost became a moderator goes to show what you and the rest of the gang are doing to this forum.

Not true. Personally, I campaigned against him from the start.
It was Resign who cheered for him.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter

100%

Yes i campaigned for Apostate
And i still think that the guy is a victim

However he proved himself unfit for the position
The guy banned me for a month for no reason.. and got heavily punsihed for it.

He shot himself in the foot :(

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
107 voters
Aoune and fpmer got 55 each

More than half of the voters voted aoune and fpmer

Correct me where i'm wrong
The stage is yours
ok u have no idea what is l'esperance mathematique...
i understand why u are completely missing the point :D
yalla ensa

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
ok u have no idea what is l'esperance mathematique...
i understand why u are completely missing the point :D
yalla ensa

I have no clue what exactly you're trying to achieve
You always argue with me over a missing comma or a mispelled word or a grammar mistake
And now over some primary mathematics

What the hell is your problem ?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It pains me to say this about people I consider friends on this forum, but I am extremely disapointed in half of the moderators, candidates, and their supporters.

You are people I have always respected, and I feel affection towards you, but your recent behaviour has been reprehensible.

I shared these feelings with you, in private, yesterday. I now share them in public, because I see that you have not listened, and that you have continued down a hateful and destructive path.

As a result, the forum has lost one of the best moderating candidates we ever had.

After my last contribution to this thread, where I advised both opposing camps to be more understanding and respectful towards each other, the situation seemed to have calmed down.

Unfortunately, it didn't take long before you all ganged up on the fresh candidates and their supporters: attacking them and shamelessly spreading lies about them. The same lies that were previously debunked.

You keep behaving this way, and when they stand up for themselves, you have the nerve of accusing them of trolling.

FOR THE RECORD

1) @Aoune32! and the @The_FPMer never pretended to be something they are not. They have had their forum names long before they decided to run as moderators. They both voted for FPM in the Lebanese elections. They have never held radical anti-FPM stances; instead, giving the party credit or criticizing them according to circumstances. Earlier in the thread, I quoted a series of posts from @Aoune32! in which he defends the president and the commander of the army. Unfortunately, people who have personal issues with him keep choosing to overlook the evidence and relentlessly repeat the lie that they have fabricated against him.

2) In defense of their behaviour, these people claim that the same was done to @Lebmonage . This couldn't be further from the truth. When people say that @Lebmonage is a HA supporter, they are not lying or forcing an identity on him. @Lebmonage is openly and proudly a HA supporter.

3) Perfectly normal campaigning techniques have been condemned as unethical, in an attempt to tarnish the image of new candidates. Asking people to vote for you is not unethical. Waiting until the last day to cast your vote is not unethical. Talking to your friends and supporters about the elections, in private, and asking for their advice is not unethical.

4) Speaking of which: there is a big difference between the latter and having someone "run your campaign for you." Just because people publicly support a candidate, it doesn't mean they are running their campaign.

5) I, myself, have been accused of taking part in "group conversations" conspiring against the current mods. In fact, the only group conversations I was a part of were ones with the current mods and their supporters.

6) It is possible that others took part in group conversations, in support of their candidates; but, again, there is nothing unethical about this. The current mods and their supporters did the same.

7) In fact, everything they accuse the fresh candidates of, they took part in themselves. From trolling, to insulting, to lying, to smearing, to ganging up on others.

Dear current mods (and their supporters)...I understand what it feels like to be in your shoes. I've been there as a mod. It is not pleasant to have every decision you make questionned. It is not pleasant to be accused of bias. It is not pleasant to be insulted and to feel like people want to take you down out of vindictiveness.

This is why I asked the other camp to be more respectful towards you. To contact you and to discuss calmly if they have issues.

But I also asked you to take their perspective into consideration. To understand that, even if you don't intend to be biased, your behaviour can appear biased to some people. I asked you to be kinder.

Unfortunately, you continue to view and to treat some people as if they are lower than you. You mock them, ridicule them, insult them, bully them.

To the point that a very decent young man not only quit the elections, but the forum altogether. You literally scared him off.

Think about that.
I’m sorry you feel that way. I have absolutely no faith in what you are saying because I have debated both and frankly, their names are absolutely not in line with their views. Pointing it out is either unethical nor wrong.
finally, I absolutely reject you claim of bullying: no one was bullied, at all. If he felt compelled to withdraw it was his call. in fact let’s see if he sticks to it...
I have a feeling he will go back on his withdrawal :)

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I'm withdrawing from the elections. I have more sh!t to worry about in my personal life than the constant mud slinging. This was supposed to be a fun competition unfortunately some people made it a serious battle. The forum is my escape from real life, it's not where I go to make myself miserable.

Congrats to the 4 new mods. Isabella out.

Sorry for all my voters, I can't keep this up anymore and I'm done with the constant fighting and accusations.

Jorje

Legendary Member

Resign, Muki even LVV all had good things to say. When you smelled blood, you jumped because qualifications didn't matter, only if you felt someone in the gang who can play favoritism to your side can make it.

Frankly, neither you nor Resign (aka Skunk) lezem yshemmouwa. Posters with history of multiple bans, trolling and sectarian insults should not be in any moderating team. Aoun32 is on the mellower side, but still, doesn't seem to have the character fit to be a moderator. He's already waving his finger to posters he doesn't like or sending PMs asking if I voted for him.

You should all be ashamed of the gangster mentality you're spreading here and/or get a life.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I'm withdrawing from the elections. I have more sh!t to worry about in my personal life than the constant mud slinging. This was supposed to be a fun competition unfortunately some people made it a serious battle. The forum is my escape from real life, it's not where I go to make myself miserable.

Congrats to the 4 new mods. Isabella out.

Sorry for all my voters, I can't keep this up anymore and I'm done with the constant fighting and accusations.

@Jo if 2 people already withdrew from the competition, doesn't that mean @Aoune32! @Lebmonage @StopWorryingLoveTheBomb and @Apostate are winners, if @Isabella and @The_FPMer don't backtrack in the next 24 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.