Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

Youchka

Legendary Member
Youchka you are confusing the end of the American Empire with the collapse of the US as a country! The end of the British Empire did not make Britain as a country collapse!

Also, you have to take the different variables in account: the collapse of the USSR happened because the variables are different with those of the US:
1- democracy vs dictatorship
2- ethnicity: the USSR was formed by many ethnic minorities, and still does
3- history: the USSR was formed by the inclusion of many independent states like Ukraine, the Baltic states, White Russia, the little countries in the Caucasus like Georgia, etc., which were independent in 1917, but were forced to join the USSR under Stalin... The US evolved in a pluri-ethnic system to begin with...
4- geography: the US is geographically different from Russia. It has different neighbors, and is situated in a geostrategically safer area.
5- economy: let's not kid ourselves, the US economy had a crisis, it did not collapse. Crises are sure to happen every couple of years, that doesn't mean that the country will collapse! Besides, the US is still the largest economic power, even if it "collapsed"!
6- collapse based on what ground? Usually, when regions want to split, they have reasons to do so: see variable 2 and 3.
7- constitution of the US: the states are already very powerful and have a lot of autonomy... Why would they want to split?

Indeed I was meaning the end of the might of the US. Regarding the fall of the US as a country, I am no geo-politician nor would I suggest any knowledge about being an expert about reading economies and crisis repercussions, but I go by the thinking, never say never.

Aloosh12

Israel will be left alone when China will be the dominant country and until then we hope for the best...

Colter

The strength of the US economy is it's economic diversification. Even with this situation as dire as it is right now, we still have 92% employment, that will drop to 90%, but so much of the future distress is already priced into the markets.

I remember in the 80's when Japan was buying up U.S. real estate, so many were concerned. Then as that boom went bust, we bought it back at 50% of what we sold it to them for. Americans may be dumb.....but were not stupid! In the 90's we sold China a bunch of our debt, so they have a vested interest in our success, plus, we buy all that **** that the Chinese make!

Russia, on the other hand, alls they have is oil and natural gas, they don't make money bellow $60 a barrel on oil. Things are not looking very bright for them. They may be going in reverse. Venezuela has the same problem. It's more likely that an oil producing nation like Russia or Iran will deliberately start trouble such as the Iranian backed Hamas problem going on right now which boosted oil by 39% last week.

No, our demise has been prematurely predicted before, we still have a ways to go before we are completely overrun by mediocrity.

C

J. Abizeid

The strength of the US economy is it's economic diversification. Even with this situation as dire as it is right now, we still have 92% employment, that will drop to 90%, but so much of the future distress is already priced into the markets.

I remember in the 80's when Japan was buying up U.S. real estate, so many were concerned. Then as that boom went bust, we bought it back at 50% of what we sold it to them for. Americans may be dumb.....but were not stupid! In the 90's we sold China a bunch of our debt, so they have a vested interest in our success, plus, we buy all that **** that the Chinese make!

Russia, on the other hand, alls they have is oil and natural gas, they don't make money bellow $60 a barrel on oil. Things are not looking very bright for them. They may be going in reverse. Venezuela has the same problem. It's more likely that an oil producing nation like Russia or Iran will deliberately start trouble such as the Iranian backed Hamas problem going on right now which boosted oil by 39% last week.

No, our demise has been prematurely predicted before, we still have a ways to go before we are completely overrun by mediocrity.

C
History teaches:
Economic AND, Moral bankruptcies are the cause of Empires demise.
$11.7 trillions debt, Wall Street bankruptcies, Madoff, Iraq war, Abu Grayb….
Does anything ring a bell?
You sound like someone whose president got hit by a shoe and proud of it; Anny..

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member

C

Your were making sense at the beginning but that part about hamas being used to leverage oil prices made me laugh. As if Israels existence is fault of chance :biggrin:. An analysis of your part that clearly indicates ur lack of knowledge of the going ons in the region and its history.

Colter

History teaches:
Economic AND, Moral bankruptcies are the cause of Empires demise.
$11.7 trillions debt, Wall Street bankruptcies, Madoff, Iraq war, Abu Grayb….
Does anything ring a bell?
You sound like someone whose president got hit by a shoe and proud of it; Anny..

:huh: The shoe missed

The world wide economic crisis was caused by stupid leftist Democrats, they pressured banks to give 100% mortgages to people who could not afford them based on the premises that home ownership is a right and not an earned privilege. $1.7 trillion dollars worth of sub prime mortgages were issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac using money flowing into the U.S. from foreign investors seeking a high return and an implicit guarantee by the fed. This abnormal economic practice inside a capitalist system lead to stratospheric inflation of real estate values. When those sub prime mortgages began to fail in large numbers, the mortgage backed securities that owned them became un-valuable and unsellable.

Bush attempted in 03',04', and 05' to stop the practice but the Democrats blocked it lead by the "banking queen" Barney Frank.

Madoff is a sick individual, but there is a far greater ponzi scheme lurks on the horizon, the social security entitlement program. "Investors" have been lead to believe that all the money that they have been forced to pay into it will be available when they retire and need to draw on it. The money is not there, SS is going to explode in the 2020's. Madoff will be long forgotten in the wake of that meteorite on the U.S. economy!

[VBTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENBdqiMvJ7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENBdqiMvJ7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/VBTUBE]

C

Colter

Your were making sense at the beginning but that part about hamas being used to leverage oil prices made me laugh. As if Israels existence is fault of chance :biggrin:. An analysis of your part that clearly indicates ur lack of knowledge of the going ons in the region and its history.

friendofzeus,

You may be correct, but to be certain Iran funds Hamas and likely advises them. Hamas is the worlds greatest PR firm, they pick fights with the Jews then get the world to focus on the response and not Hama's behavior. Hamas is a cancer on the Palestinian people!

Hamas doesn't want peace, they want to kill and expel their Jewish cousins.

Iran and other Jew hating nations are in deep economic trouble, they would benefit greatly from a new international crisis wherever that may happen.

Son of Hamas Leader: Hamas Atrocities Led Me to Convert to Christianity

[VBTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLjwe2b40YA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLjwe2b40YA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/VBTUBE]

C

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
You may be correct, but to be certain Iran funds Hamas and likely advises them. Hamas is the worlds greatest PR firm, they pick fights with the Jews then get the world to focus on the response and not Hama's behavior. Hamas is a cancer on the Palestinian people!

Im sorry but its no cancer. It was elected democratically, and still maintains widespread support from most palestinians. Nobody can twist this, Israel is fighting the whole of the Palestinian people. Just like if Iran were to attack the U.S, it would be attacking the whole of the country, BECAUSE the U.S government i.e president, were democratically elected.

You may be correct, but to be certain Iran funds Hamas and likely advises them. Hamas is the worlds greatest PR firm, they pick fights with the Jews then get the world to focus on the response and not Hama's behavior

Yes of course they are going to fight Zionism. They had their lands taken from them by force and they have every right to take them back. Now you may interpret the attacks as separate from the on-going 1948tillpresent war, and choose to classify hamas's attacks on a different motive, one which differs from liberating palestine and not succumbing to humiliation and defeat. And thats probably the reason why u dont understand the reason of their attacks; plain fully labeling them as action used to propagate sympathy around the world.

Begin to understand that, although the people in gaza are suffering greatly, they are a part of hamas, almost every family has a member in it.

Hamas doesnt pick fights with Jews. It picks fights with Zionists. Jews have always, throughout history inhabited this area and have shared peaceful coexistence for the good sum of 700 years with the muslims in this area. This is not, as so many would like to put, a war against Jews. And i reckon you know why some would benefit from labeling it as such, it has always been a war against occupation, against mass deportation and for basic human rights.

Colter

Im sorry but its no cancer. It was elected democratically, and still maintains widespread support from most palestinians. Nobody can twist this, Israel is fighting the whole of the Palestinian people. Just like if Iran were to attack the U.S, it would be attacking the whole of the country, BECAUSE the U.S government i.e president, were democratically elected.

Yes of course they are going to fight Zionism. They had their lands taken from them by force and they have every right to take them back. Now you may interpret the attacks as separate from the on-going 1948tillpresent war, and choose to classify hamas's attacks on a different motive, one which differs from liberating palestine and not succumbing to humiliation and defeat. And thats probably the reason why u dont understand the reason of their attacks; plain fully labeling them as action used to propagate sympathy around the world.

Begin to understand that, although the people in gaza are suffering greatly, they are a part of hamas, almost every family has a member in it.

Hamas doesnt pick fights with Jews. It picks fights with Zionists. Jews have always, throughout history inhabited this area and have shared peaceful coexistence for the good sum of 700 years with the muslims in this area. This is not, as so many would like to put, a war against Jews. And i reckon you know why some would benefit from labeling it as such, it has always been a war against occupation, against mass deportation and for basic human rights.

Both the Jews and the Palestinians have a right to a homeland in Palestine, both have been in and out of that region for thousands of years. Both have lived under various regimes and empires.

The charter of Hamas makes no allowance for peace:

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "

Yes, Hamas was democratically elected, but democracy can be seen as the "right way to do the wrong thing".

The post colonialist movement of Islamic fundamentalism began again after the Belfour treaty. It is more dangerous to the world then Zionism ever was or will be. Sadly this violence will only get worse over the coming generations as the Jews have realized that there will not be peace but rather conflict management. The losers are the common people on both sides of this insane cause!

C

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
Both the Jews and the Palestinians have a right to a homeland in Palestine, both have been in and out of that region for thousands of years. Both have lived under various regimes and empires.

No it is safe to say that up until the U.N resolution which gave 70% of the land to Israelis, Jews have been migrating away from the region (subsequent to the mass immigrations caused by ww2 of course), and you would examine that by noticing that out of the 760 000 people that inhabited the region, Jews never constituted more than 17% of the total population and owned no more than 8% of the land. Which kind of raises the question of the legitimacy of giving someone 70% of which he owns only 8% of it. Thus raising speculation about a higher skeem functioning in the process of things.

The charter of Hamas makes no allowance for peace:

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "

Although i do not agree that this land should be considered as Muslim land, as each religion is entitled to its share. BUT i have a strong belief that only an arab nation should be allowed to rule over these lands, as the existence of a foreign entity amidst us, has only and will only cause chaos and war. As it was intended for it to be.

The post colonialist movement of Islamic fundamentalism began again after the Belfour treaty. It is more dangerous to the world then Zionism ever was or will be. Sadly this violence will only get worse over the coming generations as the Jews have realized that there will not be peace but rather conflict management. The losers are the common people on both sides of this insane cause!

I understand the fatality of radical Islam spreading and i am indeed on counter parallels ideologically. Yet, as an arab, a more pressing matter holds its fangs; and its the illegal state of Israel which is seeking to undermine my authority in my own region, trying to suppress my rights through violence and by force. An illegal entity which i have the right to fight for it has, by force, taken what does not belong to it.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
friendofzeus,

Hamas doesn't want peace, they want to kill and expel their Jewish cousins.

Iran and other Jew hating nations are in deep economic trouble, they would benefit greatly from a new international crisis wherever that may happen.

Son of Hamas Leader: Hamas Atrocities Led Me to Convert to Christianity

[VBTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLjwe2b40YA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLjwe2b40YA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/VBTUBE]

C

And how can Hamas held power in an Israeli prison?

GMA forever

Now back to the topic please!

الولايات المتحدة الأميريكبة

أصغر من أن تقسم

أكبر من أن تبلع

husseinmasri

لا اتصور ان انهيار الولايات المتحدة الاميركية بات وشيكا . كما لا اتصور ان تقبل ولاية كاليفورنيا (في حال انهيار الاتحاد) الوحدة مع اي ولاية اخرى لانها تحوي عقل الولايات المتحدة التكنولوجي والفضائي (وادي السيليكون...) اضافة الى هوليوود كما قد لا ترضى تكساس ان تشاركها ولايات اخرى ثروتها النفطية وربما تفضل تحولها الى جمهورية مستقلة

TripolySunni

Actually if Iran attacks Saudi Arabia (My wish for 2009) Then this will happen in 09 and not 2010, U see this is why Saudi and some others started bying weapons in the first place and this is why they need Israel to assure thier survival because israel can Block Iran's Attack.