• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Parliamentary elections 2018 Sabaa new party electoral program

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
We need to know where this party came from, how it was formed, who is backing and financing them...

Yesterday, I hadn't heard of them, today I see a professional video ad promoting them. They've obviously been planning for a while.

We also need to know what their program is and how they plan to tackle sectarian issues. They can't just offer empty "secularism" slogans with no safeguards for Christians, while the whole Middle East is being emptied of its Christian population.

Without the above, I can neither support them nor not support them. Too many unanswered questions as of yet.
 

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
We need to know where this party came from, how it was formed, who is backing and financing them...

Yesterday, I hadn't heard of them, today I see a professional video ad promoting them. They've obviously been planning for a while.

We also need to know what their program is and how they plan to tackle sectarian issues. Thet can't just offer empty "secularism" slogans with no safeguards for Christians, while the whole Middle East is being emptied of its Christian population.

Without the above, I can neither support them nor not support them. Too many unanswered questions as of yet.

I can oppose them based on the fact that they offer no real positions. They aren't a political party. :)
 

The Jade

Legendary Member
Again, you can't impose your perception of things on others.
You see me playing the ostrich game, I see you as a fantasist who lives on a different planet.
I am just opting for the most realistic choice that will give me the best results compared to others , while being aware that they will be not as fast and drastic as I would love them to be.
The sky is blue: it's a fact, not a perception
Beirut council being investigated for the salim salam tunnel contract is a fact not a perception
Beirut Council of which the FPM is a member, is giving far too many contracts to a single company: "Jihad el Arab" is a fact not a perception.

Refusing to accept these facts is exactly playing the ostrich game
 

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
Like jade has said fpm has made its bed so it can sleep in it without my vote this time

The last thing i want to do is support a party that has many of its followers thinking like other party followers in tribal fashion

As for this sabaa new party, who the f-ck are they.. if i am allowed to be blunt here

Very fishy magical appearance

No thanks

Not interested in putting my d*** in random glory holes
 

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
We need to know where this party came from, how it was formed, who is backing and financing them...

Yesterday, I hadn't heard of them, today I see a professional video ad promoting them. They've obviously been planning for a while.

We also need to know what their program is and how they plan to tackle sectarian issues. They can't just offer empty "secularism" slogans with no safeguards for Christians, while the whole Middle East is being emptied of its Christian population.

Without the above, I can neither support them nor not support them. Too many unanswered questions as of yet.

This is true I completely agree with you.
However on the other side what do people have to lose ?
All other parties are bunch of liars, corrupt, and wealth seekers.
 

lebanese1

Legendary Member
The sky is blue: it's a fact, not a perception
Beirut council being investigated for the salim salam tunnel contract is a fact not a perception
Beirut Council of which the FPM is a member, is giving far too many contracts to a single company: "Jihad el Arab" is a fact not a perception.

Refusing to accept these facts is exactly playing the ostrich game

I don't make my judgments based on one issue The issue is much bigger than this and we have completely different perceptions of it. For example, the below post that I wrote a few weeks ago and that you ran away from addressing back then illustrates it.

1) Nice haribeh tactic
2) I didn't give my opinion, I just reproduced your evaluation logic. You said Khatib is incompetent because he didn't repress environmental violations. By the same token, I concluded that Baroud is also incompetent for he never instructed the ISF to close illegal kessaret, never delt with illegal occupation of public properties, never did anything about the driving licenses distributed without exams, never did anything about the corruption in the "mekanic", never uttered a word about all the money spent on 2009 elections, etc. etc etc.
Personally, I don't consider him incompetent because I am totally aware of the huge political obstacles that any decent minister faces and how difficult it is to achieve no matter how clean and competent a minister is. Conversely, it is YOU who refuse in all your posts to acknowledge this bitter reality, yet you allow yourself to evaluate Khatib as incompetent and Baroud as very good, although none of them produced any tangible result (knowing that Khatib has been in charge for 1 year and Baroud for 3). See where is the hypocrisy?
3) you still have to list me 1 violation that Baroud repressed but you chose to run away again as you seemly don't know any and this confirms your double standards
 

lebanese1

Legendary Member
This is true I completely agree with you.
However on the other side what do people have to lose ?
All other parties are bunch of liars, corrupt, and wealth seekers.

they lose in weakening the good (FPM) thus automatically strengthening the bad who are fighting it .
 

Randomiser

New Member
they lose in weakening the good (FPM) thus automatically strengthening the bad who are fighting it .

Stop living in a fairytale, FPM are also a typical corrupt thieves ... But lets they are not, but they are and were allied with corrupt thieves so they are a corrupt thieves as well.
 

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Suddenly I am having this thought.
I am not a person who loves conspiracy theories, but suddenly I thought about Paula Yacoubian !!
She is close to Hariri, but quit to go to Sabaa in order to run for elections !!!??!!!!
As I said, suddenly, this seems weird to me.
What are the odds that Sabaa is a party or a group created by other parties in order to compete with in the elections.
Suppose the conventional parties usually take 60 to 70% of the votes which leaves 40 or 30% elsewhere which make a loss of 3 to 4 seats. But if those votes go to Sabaa (created by those conventional parties) then they reduce their loss to the minimum.

This is just a thought, based on Paula Yacoubian and Ragheda Dergham joining Sabaa in addition to the interesting remarks of @Indie about the sudden raise and it's financing.

It might be all wrong, but still there are unanswered questions.
 

lebanese1

Legendary Member
Stop living in a fairytale, FPM are also a typical corrupt thieves ... But lets they are not, but they are and were allied with corrupt thieves so they are a corrupt thieves as well.

FPM deals with the representant of communities in Lebanon. Otherwise, it can achieve absolutely nothing. Lebanon is like the security council where cooperation between components is a MANDATORY path whether they like or hate each other.
 

lebanese1

Legendary Member
Suddenly I am having this thought.
I am not a person who loves conspiracy theories, but suddenly I thought about Paula Yacoubian !!
She is close to Hariri, but quit to go to Sabaa in order to run for elections !!!??!!!!
As I said, suddenly, this seems weird to me.
What are the odds that Sabaa is a party or a group created by other parties in order to compete with in the elections.
Suppose the conventional parties usually take 60 to 70% of the votes which leaves 40 or 30% elsewhere which make a loss of 3 to 4 seats. But if those votes go to Sabaa (created by those conventional parties) then they reduce their loss to the minimum.

This is just a thought, based on Paula Yacoubian and Ragheda Dergham joining Sabaa in addition to the interesting remarks of @Indie about the sudden raise and it's financing.

It might be all wrong, but still there are unanswered questions.

remembee they ley7a wasatiyyeh in 2009? :D
 

Randomiser

New Member
FPM deals with the representant of communities in Lebanon. Otherwise, it can achieve absolutely nothing. Lebanon is like the security council where cooperation between components is a MANDATORY path whether they like or hate each other.

No corrupt thief is a representative of a community, and yeah what you said a mandatory path to get seats in government and share of the "prizes"...
 

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
I read last week on lebanondebate.com that Sab3a are in talks with Nawfal Daou to get him to join their lists. Can't seem to find the article now. If someone else does, please post it here.
 
Top