Elections Sabaa new party electoral program

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
The only moujtama3 madani list that might get my vote is mouwatinoun wa mouwatinat fi dawla . Sabaa smells bullshit from distance! and like @joseph_lubnan said they dont have a clear political program and opnions to judge them upon .

• Advertisement
  • lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Nawfal is a hardcore LF, he might be upset because Geagea made deal with GMA but it does not mean he has become moujtama3 madani, he is a partisan to the teeth.
    In case Sabaa made a deal with him that means there is nothing neutral about it
    they took paula yAacoubian lol

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Like jade has said fpm has made its bed so it can sleep in it without my vote this time
    The last thing i want to do is support a party that has many of its followers thinking like other party followers in tribal fashion
    As for this sabaa new party, who the f-ck are they.. if i am allowed to be blunt here
    Very fishy magical appearance
    No thanks
    Not interested in putting my d*** in random glory holes
    That's a very understandable position and yes, Sabaa needs to answer to a lot questions.
    That being said, Sabaa is also part of an interesting coalation made up of civil society groups like Tol3it ri7etkoun, Sa77 (Ziad abs), Members of Beirut Madinati, etc.

Whether we like it or not, these groups have contributed in giving a voice to the ones who oppose the actual gang in power and they shed a lot of light on their wrongdoings.
    Let's not forget that Beirut Madinati almost beat a coalition made up of everyone in power.

So, what've we got to lose in supporting this coalition?
    Or at the very least, not vote for the actual click?

Suddenly I am having this thought.
    I am not a person who loves conspiracy theories, but suddenly I thought about Paula Yacoubian !!
    She is close to Hariri, but quit to go to Sabaa in order to run for elections !!!??!!!!
    As I said, suddenly, this seems weird to me.
    What are the odds that Sabaa is a party or a group created by other parties in order to compete with in the elections.
    Suppose the conventional parties usually take 60 to 70% of the votes which leaves 40 or 30% elsewhere which make a loss of 3 to 4 seats. But if those votes go to Sabaa (created by those conventional parties) then they reduce their loss to the minimum.

This is just a thought, based on Paula Yacoubian and Ragheda Dergham joining Sabaa in addition to the interesting remarks of @Indie about the sudden raise and it's financing.

It might be all wrong, but still there are unanswered questions.
    As mentioned above, yes, lots of questions that need to be answered.
    But also as mentioned above, Sabaa wouldn't have made it to a single meeting of the broad coalition if Saad had any hand in them....or any political party for that matter.
    You think all those groups and movements don't know that Paula is close to Saad?
    Yet, they accepted to have a wolf in their den?

You can have a personal relationship with a politician, yet stand against them politically.
    At least on certain main subjects.

FPM deals with the representant of communities in Lebanon. Otherwise, it can achieve absolutely nothing. Lebanon is like the security council where cooperation between components is a MANDATORY path whether they like or hate each other.
    The FPM deals with the ones that give them seats.
    A few years ago, Saad represented the main sunni force, yet they helped topple him and ally with regional leaders like Mikati and Karami.
    The FPM stood against Berry for a long time, until they voted for him as speaker of the parliament.
    Cooperation is good for Lebanon, but allying with the corrupt is not.
    The FPM does NOT have to ally with Berry, Hariri and co in order to cooperate with them.
    They can still do it when they're on differnet sides of the aisle.

We both know that there is a large group of shia who don't agree with Hezb and Amal.
    Yet, they never got a seat in parliament due to pressure from the duo and the electoral law was against them.

What are those? Zbeleh?
    Don't they represent shias too?

Unless the FPM starts thinking in a nationalistic way, the same crooks will come back to power.
    Because the last years have shown that the argument of "resisting from the inside" that the Harirists have tried to make us swallow to justify his alliance with the syrians, doesn't stand.
    The Beirut Municipality is the greatest example where most contracts are inflated and they are going to Hariri's friends, yet, I don't see a single resistance from the FPM.
    Not only that, they are voting on those contracts.....the same contracts that the anti-corruption minister (an FPMer fo2 el dakkeh!) has deemed shady.
    So, get your head back on earth and accept the fact that the FPM got into the system and has stopped fighting corruption, rather it's encouraging it.
    The gangrene has reached its core and now it's rotting away like the other "representants of communities" it is bowing too.

I am a man of honor. I said I will vote for FPM because of AOUN not Bassil. And I will respect my word eventhough I think I am not making the right choice.
    Fair enough.
    But honor ma bi ta3me khebez.
    Honor will keep the crooks in the same seats.

There is a way to support Aoun without voting for his party.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    That's a very understandable position and yes, Sabaa needs to answer to a lot questions.
    That being said, Sabaa is also part of an interesting coalation made up of civil society groups like Tol3it ri7etkoun, Sa77 (Ziad abs), Members of Beirut Madinati, etc.

Whether we like it or not, these groups have contributed in giving a voice to the ones who oppose the actual gang in power and they shed a lot of light on their wrongdoings.
    Let's not forget that Beirut Madinati almost beat a coalition made up of everyone in power.

So, what've we got to lose in supporting this coalition?
    Or at the very least, not vote for the actual click?

But also as mentioned above, Sabaa wouldn't have made it to a single meeting of the broad coalition if Saad had any hand in them....or any political party for that matter.
    You think all those groups and movements don't know that Paula is close to Saad?

You can have a personal relationship with a politician, yet stand against them politically.

The FPM deals with the ones that give them seats.
    A few years ago, Saad represented the main sunni force, yet they helped topple him and ally with regional leaders like Mikati and Karami.
    The FPM stood against Berry for a long time, until they voted for him as speaker of the parliament.
    Cooperation is good for Lebanon, but allying with the corrupt is not.
    The FPM does NOT have to ally with Berry, Hariri and co in order to cooperate with them.
    They can still do it when they're on differnet sides of the aisle.

We both know that there is a large group of shia who don't agree with Hezb and Amal.
    Yet, they never got a seat in parliament due to pressure from the duo and the electoral law was against them.

What are those? Zbeleh?
    Don't they represent shias too?

Unless the FPM starts thinking in a nationalistic way, the same crooks will come back to power.
    Because the last years have shown that the argument of "resisting from the inside" that the Harirists have tried to make us swallow to justify his alliance with the syrians, doesn't stand.
    The Beirut Municipality is the greatest example where most contracts are inflated and they are going to Hariri's friends, yet, I don't see a single resistance from the FPM.
    Not only that, they are voting on those contracts.....the same contracts that the anti-corruption minister (an FPMer fo2 el dakkeh!) has deemed shady.
    So, get your head back on earth and accept the fact that the FPM got into the system and has stopped fighting corruption, rather it's encouraging it.
    The gangrene has reached its core and now it's rotting away like the other "representants of communities" it is bowing too.

Fair enough.
    But honor ma bi ta3me khebez.
    Honor will keep the crooks in the same seats.

There is a way to support Aoun without voting for his party.
    Ok khalas I am convinced. I will vote for moujtama3 madaneh and when they win they will fight corruption as hard as Baroud did and accumulate achievements as he did much to your astonishment and Lebanon will rise again.

Last edited:

lebanese1

Legendary Member

Yes Paula has been vehemently fighting corruption at Future TV with Rafic and Saad for the past 20 years and now she will put her acquired expertise in that area at the service of Sabaa. For instance, she will tell them about all the shady deals of the Beirut municipality that she shed the lights on in her show.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Yes Paula has been vehemently fighting corruption at Future TV with Rafic and Saad for the past 20 years and now she will put her acquired expertise in that area at the service of Sabaa. For instance, she will tell them about all the shady deals of the Beirut municipality that she shed the lights on in her show.
    Funny how you expect a journalist to fight corruption, but you're fine with an anti-corruption ministry not actually fighting corruption

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Ok khalas I am convinced. I will vote for moujtama3 madaneh and when they win they will fight corruption as hard as Baroud did and accumulate achievements as he did much to your astonishment and Lebanon will rise again.
    Believe me, you're the last person I will try and persuade to vote for anyone else than what you get told to by Michel Aoun and Gebran Bassil.
    Your mind is already made up, you want to live in the past, you want the same scum to come back.
    There's nothing I or anyone can do about that.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Believe me, you're the last person I will try and persuade to vote for anyone else than what you get told to by Michel Aoun and Gebran Bassil.
    Your mind is already made up, you want to live in the past, you want the same scum to come back.
    There's nothing I or anyone can do about that.
    No man I want mesmerizing reforms and revolutionary ministerial work as the one Baroud did between 2010 and 2013 in addition to vehement media coverage of corruption as the one made by Paula at Future TV.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    By glorifying the Hariris for 20 years and 3allam 3ammar 7arrar
    What better glorification than appointing Saad as Prime Minister and allying with him on many fronts?
    As much as I would like to think that Paula Yacoubian has such a big influence on Lebanese politics, but I'm gonna go with the FPM's and its support of a crook like Hariri.....and its silence of his continuous theft.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    What better glorification than appointing Saad as Prime Minister and allying with him on many fronts?
    As much as I would like to think that Paula Yacoubian has such a big influence on Lebanese politics, but I'm gonna go with the FPM's and its support of a crook like Hariri.....and its silence of his continuous theft.
    I still remember when GMA said around year 2000 الحريري هو رأس الفساد في لبنان

Jorje

Legendary Member
    Is this is the followup sequel to Beirut Madinati?

If you haven't figured it out by now, these people are Hariri's in disguise. Most of the leadership has (had) connetions to Hariri and co and the financil whales. How else would they get their money?

Expet them to turn their nose on all other independent movements because the "know better".

SeaAb

Staff member
    Super Penguin

If you haven't figured it out by now, these people are Hariri's in disguise. Most of the leadership has (had) connetions to Hariri and co and the financil whales. How else would they get their money?

Expet them to turn their nose on all other independent movements because the "know better".
    Good to see you back. What's the latest on Charbel Nahhas and MMFD? Are they going to join the alliance that includes Sab3a and other civil society groups?

The Jade

Legendary Member

Everyone in Lebanon has been, one time or another, close to a politician or a political party.

Sabaa are not a follow-up of Beirut Madinati in any way.
    Libaladi is the coalition made up of Sabaa, people issued from Beirut Madinati, and other groups.
    There's a massive difference.

I am a man of honor. I said I will vote for FPM because of AOUN not Bassil. And I will respect my word eventhough I think I am not making the right choice.
    I've been reading and reading and I must say one thing.
    With all due respect to the president, the elections are not about them.
    The day this country starts moving forward is the day our community stops voting for a Person or a Group and starts voting for an Ideology and a set of Principles.
    The day we vote for a cause instead of an individual, is the day we move towards our goal despite the presence of said individual.
    The day we learn the difference between a زعيم and a قائد is the day we move towards a civilized country.
    The day we learn the difference between religious affiliation and religious extremism is the day we move towards a peaceful country.
    The day we learn the difference between 'A minister did me a favor so I will vote for him/her' and 'A minister fulfilled his/her duty of serving me and making my life easier, so I will vote for him/her', is the day we can speak of actual democracy.

I, for one, have finally learned the differences stated above and to that reason I have become extremely convinced with my political choice.

I'm not saying my choice is the correct one, after all, opposition is key to competition and competition makes the wheel turn. What I'm saying is try to tackle my mentality and you'll start living in a country, rather than a barn.

Lebnaouneh

I've been reading and reading and I must say one thing.
    With all due respect to the president, the elections are not about them.
    The day this country starts moving forward is the day our community stops voting for a Person or a Group and starts voting for an Ideology and a set of Principles.
    The day we vote for a cause instead of an individual, is the day we move towards our goal despite the presence of said individual.
    The day we learn the difference between a زعيم and a قائد is the day we move towards a civilized country.
    The day we learn the difference between religious affiliation and religious extremism is the day we move towards a peaceful country.
    The day we learn the difference between 'A minister did me a favor so I will vote for him/her' and 'A minister fulfilled his/her duty of serving me and making my life easier, so I will vote for him/her', is the day we can speak of actual democracy.

I, for one, have finally learned the differences stated above and to that reason I have become extremely convinced with my political choice.

I'm not saying my choice is the correct one, after all, opposition is key to competition and competition makes the wheel turn. What I'm saying is try to tackle my mentality and you'll start living in a country, rather than a barn.
    What’s your political choice that finally embodies all of the above?