Elections Sabaa new party electoral program

Indie

Legendary Member
Staff member
Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazahstan, and other Central Asia post-Soviet States are 90% Majorities and are secular states.
Also Albania, Kosovo, and Bosnia and Herzegovina are Muslim-majority secular democracies countries, and they are doing fine.

30% of Muslims would mean about 10%-15% overall population, a very low rate.
I wouldn't take Turkey and Azerbaijan as examples if I was you. As for Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia...you must be forgetting the sectarian massacres of the 90's.

• Advertisement
  • Yesterday they asked Paula Yaacoubian was asked about the funding of this party and she replied that a group of young rich man created and funded the party themselves saying that for them it's a hobby they like to spend their money eno 3ade other people like to buy shoes and bags those guys like to spend on politics. Seriously dudeee!! shou mfakra l3alam msatil!

I wouldn't take Turkey and Azerbaijan as examples if I was you. As for Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia...you must be forgetting the sectarian massacres of the 90's.
    Turkey is the actual example, although that islamists holds the political power through legitimate elections they can't change the democratic republican system.

In the balkans, we also had the same massacres during the civil war...

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Yesterday they asked Paula Yaacoubian was asked about the funding of this party and she replied that a group of young rich man created and funded the party themselves saying that for them it's a hobby they like to spend their money eno 3ade other people like to buy shoes and bags those guys like to spend on politics. Seriously dudeee!! shou mfakra l3alam msatil!
    I'm surprised that people are so shocked about the source of money of Sabaa, yet they care less that other parties are either financed by foreign government or they're using the money stolen from the government for their own campaigns.

Chou gharib!

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Suddenly I am having this thought.
    I am not a person who loves conspiracy theories, but suddenly I thought about Paula Yacoubian !!
    She is close to Hariri, but quit to go to Sabaa in order to run for elections !!!??!!!!
    As I said, suddenly, this seems weird to me.
    What are the odds that Sabaa is a party or a group created by other parties in order to compete with in the elections.
    Suppose the conventional parties usually take 60 to 70% of the votes which leaves 40 or 30% elsewhere which make a loss of 3 to 4 seats. But if those votes go to Sabaa (created by those conventional parties) then they reduce their loss to the minimum.

This is just a thought, based on Paula Yacoubian and Ragheda Dergham joining Sabaa in addition to the interesting remarks of @Indie about the sudden raise and it's financing.

It might be all wrong, but still there are unanswered questions.
    that's the first time you make sense to me :p

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Turkey is the actual example, although that islamists holds the political power through legitimate elections they can't change the democratic republican system.

In the balkans, we also had the same massacres during the civil war...
    The fact that Islamists are in power in Turkey (with the support of millions of Turks), despite Turkey's "secular" system, proves my point.

The fact that the "secular" Balkans had religious civil-wars proves my point.

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm surprised that people are so shocked about the source of money of Sabaa, yet they care less that other parties are either financed by foreign government or they're using the money stolen from the government for their own campaigns.

Chou gharib!
    we are surprised that you are not shocked

The Jade

Legendary Member
    we are surprised that you are not shocked
    If you check their website you can find the source of several donors.
    With names and amounts.
    Granted it stop in June 2016, but they pledged to be transparent. So, let's hold them to their word.
    I was also informed that any TV ad (mainly on MTV and LBC) is being offered almost for free, hence less costs on them.

Now, your turn.
    Are you ok with supporting or allying with parties that either have funding from foreign governemnts/entities or from the state's coffers?

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    With names and amounts.
    Granted it stop in June 2016, but they pledged to be transparent. So, let's hold them to their word.
    I was also informed that any TV ad (mainly on MTV and LBC) is being offered almost for free, hence less costs on them.

Now, your turn.
    Are you ok with supporting or allying with parties that either have funding from foreign governemnts/entities or from the state's coffers?
    New parties are held to a much higher standard in Lebanese politics, it's usually because these parties or movements try to be more "ethical" than those who have come before them... So the bar is placed much much lower for limbo! Instead of ignoring the questionable funding of political campaigns, TV stations, buildings and events that the Lebanese typically do when it comes to parties like FPM, FM, hezbullah, LF, etc. They start suddenly noticing every minute little detail in order to discredit the new guy on the scene! Now I'm not saying that sabaa is entirely trustworthy but this seems to be the prevalent trend regarding everything!

To borrow from Jesus Christ they see the speck of sawdust in their brother's eye but pay no attention to the wooden plank in their own eye

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    With names and amounts.

Now, your turn.
    Of course not

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Alright then,.
    I suppose you won't be voting or encouraging anyone to vote for the FPM during the next election then.
    Because as far as I can see, the FPM is allying with parties who either have foreign government/entities funding or who stole from the state, thus using the funds for their campaigns.

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Alright then,.
    I suppose you won't be voting or encouraging anyone to vote for the FPM during the next election then.
    Because as far as I can see, the FPM is allying with parties who either have foreign government/entities funding or who stole from the state, thus using the funds for their campaigns.
    what i meant i'm not ok with supporting a party that is funded by a foreign country but we will ally with whoever can help us win the maximum number of seats, it's called electoral alliance

The Jade

Legendary Member
    what i meant i'm not ok with supporting a party that is funded by a foreign country but we will ally with whoever can help us win the maximum number of seats, it's called electoral alliance
    You do realise that by allying with them you're also helping them reach the parliament.
    Moreover, the illegal money they got is also helping you get to the paliament.

So, you can sugarcoat it as much as you want, you're still helping someone steal and break the law.....you're also knowingly benefitting from their illegal activities.

This makes you as guilty as they are.

Last but not least, we both know that you're gonna be sharing a government with them. That's not an electoral alliance anymore.
    It's a full one.

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You do realise that by allying with them you're also helping them reach the parliament.
    Moreover, the illegal money they got is also helping you get to the paliament.

So, you can sugarcoat it as much as you want, you're still helping someone steal and break the law.....you're also knowingly benefitting from their illegal activities.

This makes you as guilty as they are.

Last but not least, we both know that you're gonna be sharing a government with them. That's not an electoral alliance anymore.
    It's a full one.
    are you serious or trolling? we are talking politics here, we are not in a religious discussion