Saddam Hussein vs Bashar al Assad

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
At their peaks who had the stronger army? President Saddam obviously had the bigger balls and kicked Iran's ass and imo would kick Syria's aswell.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
President Saddam obviously had the bigger balls and kicked Iran's ass

You speak of Saddam as if he was some hero. Iran was the victim in this war. No wonder they can't trust Arabs now. Arab countries stood by Saddam although he was the one who initiated the hostilities.

I can't answer as to who had a stronger army.

I know that Bachar matters more to Russia, Syria being Russia's only gateway to the Mediterranean. That makes him stronger in my opinion. Strategic alliances are more important than weapons.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Also, Saddam didn't kick Iran's ass due to having a strong army, but because he resorted to chemical warfare. 20,000 Iranian soldiers were killed by nerve gas.

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
And Saddam is a hero, hes the only person to have ever stood up to the evils of Iran in the region.

Lebanese-Nationalist

At their peaks who had the stronger army? President Saddam obviously had the bigger balls and kicked Iran's ass and imo would kick Syria's aswell.

Actually, he didn't kick anyone's ass. He invaded a revolutionary state with a weakened armed forces and, after some initial success, completely f*cked everything up.

The Iranians fought him to a stalemate.

To my knowledge, the Iranians were even able to briefly occupy or invade parts of Iraq. I could be wrong, though.

Lebanese-Nationalist

And Saddam is a hero, hes the only person to have ever stood up to the evils of Iran in the region.

In 1987, the last Iraqi census counted 1.4 million Christians.[10] They were tolerated under the secular regime of Saddam Hussein, who even made one of them, Tariq Aziz, his deputy. However, persecution by Saddam Hussein continued against the Christians on an ethnic, cultural and racial level, as the vast majority are Mesopotamian Aramaic speaking. The Neo-Aramaic language and writing was repressed, the giving of Syriac Christian names or Akkadian/Assyro-Babylonian names forbidden (Tariq Aziz's given name is Mikhail Yuhanna, for example), and Saddam exploited religious differences between Iraqi Christians' denominations such as the Chaldean Catholic Church, Syriac Orthodox Church, Assyrian Church of the East and Ancient Church of the East. Over 2,000 Iraqi Christians were ethnically cleansed from their towns and villages under the al Anfal Campaign of 1988.

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
In 1987, the last Iraqi census counted 1.4 million Christians.[10] They were tolerated under the secular regime of Saddam Hussein, who even made one of them, Tariq Aziz, his deputy. However, persecution by Saddam Hussein continued against the Christians on an ethnic, cultural and racial level, as the vast majority are Mesopotamian Aramaic speaking. The Neo-Aramaic language and writing was repressed, the giving of Syriac Christian names or Akkadian/Assyro-Babylonian names forbidden (Tariq Aziz's given name is Mikhail Yuhanna, for example), and Saddam exploited religious differences between Iraqi Christians' denominations such as the Chaldean Catholic Church, Syriac Orthodox Church, Assyrian Church of the East and Ancient Church of the East. Over 2,000 Iraqi Christians were ethnically cleansed from their towns and villages under the al Anfal Campaign of 1988.

Yeah but he pwned Iran sl that makes up for this.