• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Opinion Sagesse - Basketball club - الحكمة

هل تصمد الحكمة بظل الضغوطات؟

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will Sagesse survive the 2018-2019 season?

Lebanese Basketball Memes - Sagesse dam.jpg

1. The green castle has been receiving lately tens of lawsuits from players and coaches, regarding unpaid wages/commissions.
2. Some of the most loyal players have left the club and the fans, considering no one is paying them.
3. The club is banned from signing any contracts with players or even importing foreigners to carry the locals.

So the question remains, how will the icon of the Lebanese Basketball fight the next season? It had a better team in the last seasons, considering the team now relies on youth. Will it get demoted to Div.2?

A few points to keep in mind;

1. This is Sagesse, it's the definition of loyalty and competency. Sagesse has fought debts in many ways, on many occasions, and reached the golden box many times while in debt and banned.
2. Sagesse has, officially, the biggest and most loyal fan-base between all divisions and clubs of the Lebanese Basketball.
3. Sagesse fans are a red line when it comes to TV Coverage, they have shifted a major decision previously by boycotting a Lebanese channel, and they could do the same.

Will Sagesse fall this year? I don't think so. They don't think so.

opium

Sagesse was ran by an incompetent coach who was black mailing the admin for many years with his ridiculous high contract and unfair clauses. He was signing average players for very expensive contracts. He was almost neutralized last season but he didn't like it because previously he used to sign plus 6 foreigners per season which was very profitable to his own brother who used to collect the commissions.
The damage is serious now, the current admin is transparent but lacks a high profile rich candidate who can cover the expenses and the debts.
Sagesse needs now a miracle or someone who is ready to throw 3 millions usd to revive the club.

Sagesse was ran by an incompetent coach who was black mailing the admin for many years with his ridiculous high contract and unfair clauses. He was signing average players for very expensive contracts. He was almost neutralized last season but he didn't like it because previously he used to sign plus 6 foreigners per season which was very profitable to his own brother who used to collect the commissions.
The damage is serious now, the current admin is transparent but lacks a high profile rich candidate who can cover the expenses and the debts.
Sagesse needs now a miracle or someone who is ready to throw 3 millions usd to revive the club.

True that. But the current strategy to reduce cost as much as possible is a good call. If this year they could stay in the Div.1 - careless of the position, Sagesse could be seen again in the golden box the season after this one. They will get sponsors to cover this year's debts and some of the previous years, cause their fan-base is so large.

Hopefully we won't see a club as big as Sagesse fall in Div.2 - The FLB shouldn't allow it.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
I stopped rooting for sagesse 10 years ago to save my self the heartake, ever since i heard the word 'sent l. Jeye fari2 a5ou manyouke' now i just stick to rooting against ryiade club

opium

Heard they signed Ghassan Sarkis as coach.
Ghassan agreed to coach Sagesse but he did not sign yet.
Sagesse is banned to sign any new contract before settling the dues. At least 8 players and 3 coaches are suing Sagesse in court.

Ghassan agreed to coach Sagesse but he did not sign yet.
Sagesse is banned to sign any new contract before settling the dues. At least 8 players and 3 coaches are suing Sagesse in court.

He's officially coaching Sagesse, but as much as he said, most of his time in Sagesse (back then) was even without a contract. I guess they do this in order to dodge the ban?

I stopped rooting for sagesse 10 years ago to save my self the heartake, ever since i heard the word 'sent l. Jeye fari2 a5ou manyouke' now i just stick to rooting against ryiade club

I'm not defending the club but, Sagesse was reaching the semi-finals, but every year something happens and it's normal for any team to lose from the semis.
Champville had one of the largest budgets spent over players last year, they were removed by Sagesse who had half their budget.

However, Sagesse deserves (as administration) this fall, but the fans don't. This fall and tragedy is due to continuous years of corruption within the club.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
I'm not defending the club but, Sagesse was reaching the semi-finals, but every year something happens and it's normal for any team to lose from the semis.
Champville had one of the largest budgets spent over players last year, they were removed by Sagesse who had half their budget.

However, Sagesse deserves (as administration) this fall, but the fans don't. This fall and tragedy is due to continuous years of corruption within the club.
I think the issue with sagesse is big expectations and low budget if they try to build from the ground up not the opposite it would be better, why not have 5 good starters that actually have a full season together and some chemistry, no foreign player lasts more than two month, sagesse always aiming for the championship spend over budget on foreign player that play a couple of games and leave, riyade have a core of homegl grown talent that has been tl together for years thats the secret of their success their ajeneb are most of the time average in comparison to other teams, they have to aim for being a mid table club with a good chance of reaching the final four untill they have a steady income, i mean at the very least make a realistic budget that lasts you a year

wdawle1

Politics was their biggest downfall.It was the team that united all Christians together. Many of Fpmers left cheering for Champville.Because the team turned to LF.
They have "biggest fanbase" is no more.Every year their games is full of Ouwet flags. I think this is one of main reasons why no one Aounist with money is intrested in investing in Sagesse.