Sally Anne Faulkner: My kids were kidnapped to Lebanon - Please help me bring them home

Do you think the father's action is justified?

• Father's actions are not justified

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Father's actions are justified

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Don't know. Need more information

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
« Personne ne peut protéger mes enfants mieux que moi » - Nada MERHI - L'Orient-Le Jour

Not only women married to Lebanese men have to worry about him stealing the kids in case of divorce, they also have to worry about the in-laws stealing the kids in case of widowhood.

Truly disturbing. Why are they not getting a pre-marital agreement, in writing, to avoid such tragedy?

No one gets married thinking they will get a divorce or prematurely lose their partner; but, still, your children are one thing you can't gamble on.

The laws in Lebanon are sickening.
Need a new thread for this.

Sally and Ali story is different, and Ali has as much right to his children as Sally does. He is not dead either.

• Advertisement
  • Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Need a new thread for this.

Sally and Ali story is different, and Ali has as much right to his children as Sally does. He is not dead either.
    I won't bother refuting the false claim that is implied in your post because that discussion has been repeated countless times in this thread.

Instead, I'll ask you a question, and please answer it directly without diverging to other matters or going into specific cases.

As a starting point, do you find it acceptable that Lebanese law automatically grants fathers and their families full custody of children, or do you think custody should be equally shared between parents, from birth until children reach adulthood?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    As a starting point, do you find it acceptable that Lebanese law automatically grants fathers and their families full custody of children, or do you think custody should be equally shared between parents, from birth until children reach adulthood?
    Yes of course, the laws in Lebanon need to be revamped. Parents should be equal in their rights without bias, all else being equal.

Many Lebanese laws need to be revamped, and we need a common unified fair civil law. and women should be able to give nationality to their children for example, and they should be equal when it comes to inheritance, and etc.

Don't mistake me opposing the bias against Ali in this thread with condoning the existing Lebanese laws, they need to change. They have not changed yet though, so the laws are today what they are. I think Western family laws and how they are applied need to be modified as well. As they are practiced now, they are generally biased against men.

Last edited:
    Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes of course, the laws in Lebanon need to be revamped. Parents should be equal in their rights without bias, all else being equal.

Many Lebanese laws need to be revamped, and we need a common unified fair civil law. and women should be able to give nationality to their children for example, and they should be equal when it comes to inheritance, and etc.

Don't mistake me opposing the bias against Ali in this thread with condoning the existing Lebanese laws, they need to change. They have not changed yet though, so the laws are today what they are. I think Western family laws and how they are applied need to be modified as well. As they are practiced now, they are generally biased against men.
    Thank you for replying to my question. At least we agree on that one point.

Ideally, of course, I don't believe in divorce. But the way the laws are in Lebanon, even if the husband divorces his wife, he takes the kids from her. Or, if she dares divorce him because he's abusive (but she can't prove it), he still gets to take the kids away from her. Totally unfair.

Regarding the specific topic of this thread, obviously we disagree. That's been long established, and neither of us will change our mind, so let's leave it at that.

Regarding Western laws, I don't agree that the laws, themselves, discriminate against men; however, their application, in some cases, might.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Thank you for replying to my question. At least we agree on that one point.

Ideally, of course, I don't believe in divorce. But the way the laws are in Lebanon, even if the husband divorces his wife, he takes the kids from her. Or, if she dares divorce him because he's abusive (but she can't prove it), he still gets to take the kids away from her. Totally unfair.

Regarding the specific topic of this thread, obviously we disagree. That's been long established, and neither of us will change our mind, so let's leave it at that.

Regarding Western laws, I don't agree that the laws, themselves, discriminate against men; however, their application, in some cases, might.
    One can never win. :)
    That is why when one get's married make sure it is with the right person and for the right reason.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    People have been sending messages to Claudine Aoun since the morning - By the hundreds.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Anyone who has any personal contacts in the government or justice system in Lebanon, please bring Sally's case to their attention.

People should also march on her behalf. I would organize a march myself if I was in Lebanon.

Enough is enough. These poor children have been deprived of their mother for three years. This is child abuse and the authorities in Lebanon are complicit.

Mozz

Mozz

Anyone who has any personal contacts in the government or justice system in Lebanon, please bring Sally's case to their attention.

People should also march on her behalf. I would organize a march myself if I was in Lebanon.

Enough is enough. These poor children have been deprived of their mother for three years. This is child abuse and the authorities in Lebanon are complicit.
    I am not sure if you have mentioned this before, but if the kids went to Australia and become deprived of their father, would this be fair?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not sure if you have mentioned this before, but if the kids went to Australia and become deprived of their father, would this be fair?
    They moved to Australia as a family. The father chose to leave them behind and to move back to Lebanon. But the mother always allowed him to visit whenever he wanted. She also allowed him to take the kids to Lebanon to visit his family. The children were never deprived of their father and his family.

Mozz

Mozz

They moved to Australia as a family. The father chose to leave them behind and to move back to Lebanon. But the mother always allowed him to visit whenever he wanted. She also allowed him to take the kids to Lebanon to visit his family. The children were never deprived of their father and his family.
    Thats not what she said.

Read her book:

"I met Ali, the father of my two eldest children in Dubai. It was 2008 and I was working as a flight attendant for Emirates. We quickly fell in love and Lahela arrived in 2010, with Noah arriving two years later in 2012. Both of the children were born in Australia, but we also lived as a family together in Beirut, Lebanon for a period of time. In August 2013, after a car bomb went off in close proximity to our apartment, I voiced my concerns about safety to Ali who agreed to let me return to Australia with our children. With the distance between us, our marriage also broke down in that same year, but we remained amicable and co-parented our children."

allformychildren

Mozz

Mozz

In all cases thats not my point.

My point is that is it fair for the children to live without their father? Because thats what you want to "march for".

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Thats not what she said.

Read her book:

"I met Ali, the father of my two eldest children in Dubai. It was 2008 and I was working as a flight attendant for Emirates. We quickly fell in love and Lahela arrived in 2010, with Noah arriving two years later in 2012. Both of the children were born in Australia, but we also lived as a family together in Beirut, Lebanon for a period of time. In August 2013, after a car bomb went off in close proximity to our apartment, I voiced my concerns about safety to Ali who agreed to let me return to Australia with our children. With the distance between us, our marriage also broke down in that same year, but we remained amicable and co-parented our children."

allformychildren
    It doesn't change anything. They were married in Australia. The children were born in Australia. And he agreed for them to move back to Australia when the stay in Lebanon did not work out.

She did not kidnap them. She did not prevent him from seeing the children.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In all cases thats not my point.

My point is that is it fair for the children to live without their father? Because thats what you want to "march for".
    Children should never be deprived of either parent. And they were not. Until the father decided to kidnap them.

Their father is comitting child abuse to spite their mother. He is not a fit parent.

Mozz

Mozz

Children should never be deprived of either parent. And they were not. Until the father decided to kidnap them.

Their father is comitting child abuse to spite their mother. He is not a fit parent.
    I dont think thats the case.

I think the father did not want to stay in Australia and the mother did not want to stay in Lebanon ... then the mother decided to get engaged which was the cherry on top.

So the father decided to take his kids by ruse just so he can be with them more.

If he didnt do that, circumstances wouldnt have let him stay with his kids, not the mother.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

This also applies to the woman in the other thread who prevented the father from seeing his kid.
    But she made a big fuss and cried and stuff, so we must automatically believe she's the victim :rolleyes:

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I dont think thats the case.

I think the father did not want to stay in Australia and the mother did not want to stay in Lebanon ... then the mother decided to get engaged which was the cherry on top.

So the father decided to take his kids by ruse just so he can be with them more.

If he didnt do that, circumstances wouldnt have let him stay with his kids, not the mother.
    1 - He agreed to let them go to Australia.

2 - Even if that hadn't been the case, what gives him the right to unilaterally decide that the family should live in Lebanon? Especially given the fact that they were married and had their kids in Australia?

3 - Even after he kidnapped the kids, he refused to even let them skype with their mother, despite their pleas! This is not someone who simply wants more time with his kids. This is someone who wants to emotionally torture his ex, even if it means damaging his children in the process. He is an egomaniacal narcissist!

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This also applies to the woman in the other thread who prevented the father from seeing his kid.
    But she made a big fuss and cried and stuff, so we must automatically believe she's the victim :rolleyes:
    I am talking about Sally's case. I won't mix two topics together.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Please @Indie don't distord the truth.
    they were in Lebanon, then the car bombs started, so he sent them to australia for their safety, otherwise she couldn't be able to take them with her.
    He made several trips back and forth. then he discovered that she was cheating on him.
    What do you expect then... ???
    Those children deserve a father too, but their mom chose to make life difficult for everyone...
    At one point during the crisis I hoped they return to each other like in the mexican series :D but the ***** had already another child !!!!