• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Samir Geagea claims he is the thawra.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
your problems did not start with FPM, and will not end with it. you have been in a downward spiral because you as a people have no critical thinking abilities, have lost your ethics and your culture, you have no wisdom, you did not learn from the experiences you went through, you cannot cooperate productively with each other. every little difference must escalate and be blown out of proportion. etc...

and it naturally follows that this or any other discussion would mean nothing to you. because in your empty arrogance you are convinced that you know it all.

with or without FPM, you are doomed to misery in the current condition you are in. you as an individual are at the root cause of our current situation. if you want a better future you need to achieve a better you. when enough people move above the threshold of mediocrity we then may stand a better chance, and this has nothing to do with political alignment. but where things stand today, any country will be doomed with such a people no matter who is in charge, let alone when most of those elected to power are war criminals.
Look, dynamite gave you a like for your weird rant. The anti christ lol. Be careful.
In suggest you, him and sandal create a committee, a group, a study. We will call you the antichrist, the preacher and the antisemitic.

• Advertisement
  • HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    No surprises, to me it has always been his "thawra". Well his and his friends'.
    What surprises me is how the well-meaning Lebanese people who have been participating non-stop in this movement are not outraged with him by now.
    He might have managed to avoid being targetted all this time by just standing in the shadows and playing his dirty games through his own "revolutionary non-partisans". But today he's out in the open. He's up on that stage, smiling, and bowing for all the damage he managed to do.
    And the real revolutionaries are either silent or they are still clapping, afraid of admitting that they have been used. I guess it is a little naive of me to say "real revolutionaries" even exist. But if they do, here's what I would like them to think about:
    - Who convinced you that "LF supporters can join as long as they let go of their political affiliations and say kellon ya3ne kellon"?
    - Who convinced you that the revolution should not have any leader? Do you still think it was good advice?
    - Who turned the general population against your movement and killed your momentum by insisting on closing roads, causing chaos, and purposely keeping all your demands broad and untargetted?
    - Who is still trying to convince you today that the main problem in Lebanon is not corruption, but rather HA's weapons?
    - Who has stood in the way of justice and accountability by hiding fugitives and attacking governmental institutions?
    - Who is pointing you today at the president, at Gebran Bassil, and at HA instead of pointing you directly at Judge Oueidat, the current bottleneck blocking every chance to uncover and attack the corruption networks?
    - Do you still think "things couldn't get any worse" back in October?
    - Do you still think things can't get any worse now?
    - Can't you see that chaos is not in your interest but rather in his?
    I agree with the general point here, but don't you think this largely overstates his effect and influence politically? In the "thawra" his effects were largely among the Jal el Dib road blockers, but in terms of pointing attacks to GB/HA and distracting from Oueidat, distracting away from corruption, largely causing chaos and distracting from demands, etc., his effect is probably more limited than others. His now claiming of the mantle of the "thawra" is incredibly dumb and because he's possibly the worst strategist to ever to lead a party bar none. But his political effect is more and more limited, even if his representation is larger (see e.g., "watch this space, we're all gonna resign" and then being screwed by his allies, publicly and kind of hilariously). He's 3rd or 4th fiddle in a coalition of people that are much more effective in doing all of the things you're listing above.

On a side note, I watched 5 mins of the video posted above of him basically arguing with a priest in "come see, little boys and girls" manner. Oh man. It was so creepy. Like watching a sociopath do the fireside chats.

Jacques Hirac

Jacques Hirac

I agree with the general point here, but don't you think this largely overstates his effect and influence politically? In the "thawra" his effects were largely among the Jal el Dib road blockers, but in terms of pointing attacks to GB/HA and distracting from Oueidat, distracting away from corruption, largely causing chaos and distracting from demands, etc., his effect is probably more limited than others. His now claiming of the mantle of the "thawra" is incredibly dumb and because he's possibly the worst strategist to ever to lead a party bar none. But his political effect is more and more limited, even if his representation is larger (see e.g., "watch this space, we're all gonna resign" and then being screwed by his allies, publicly and kind of hilariously). He's 3rd or 4th fiddle in a coalition of people that are much more effective in doing all of the things you're listing above.
    You do make a point I guess, Geagea on his own doesn't pose much of a political threat. I remember also being disappointed by his inadequacy when he was interviewed on Kostanian's 20-30. He struggles so much to stay consistent in live interviews, he couldn't even answer the simplest of questions without escaping through some half-baked metaphor or through some generic statement of "mish ma2bool".
    It makes me wonder, how is it possible that this guy even has 15 MP's in parliament to begin with?

I think that Geagea's popular support and his influence in politics stems from everything that 17 October was supposed to have rebelled against, for example:
    - religious extremism
    - post civil war sectarian divisions
    - clientelism
    - under the table deals between supposed political adversaries
    - external support in exchange for enacting foreign agendas

Specifically because he is one of the less effective "thawra" manipulators, the least I would expect from a people who have supposedly become politically aware is to call out this guy for his bullshit.
    As long as people are still only criticizing him because he's a murderer (lol @ only a murderer!) or because he was part of the "sulta", then people are still not fully understanding the country's current situation. Even if some people don't want to convict him because of his civil war crimes, we can still find plenty of direct and recent reasons to criticize him. Reasons that aren't "he was part of the sulta".

I guess I tend to overestimate the Lebanese people in general, and that makes me overestimate Geagea's influence when the orchestra he belongs to manages to deceive them.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    It makes me wonder, how is it possible that this guy even has 15 MP's in parliament to begin with?

I think that Geagea's popular support and his influence in politics stems from everything that 17 October was supposed to have rebelled against, for example:
    - religious extremism
    - post civil war sectarian divisions
    - clientelism
    - under the table deals between supposed political adversaries
    - external support in exchange for enacting foreign agendas
    Yup. All of this. I also wonder how much Bassil's stupid "expats should vote" bs helped him this time around in specific districts. Streams of ultra-committed militia supporters who left in the early 1990s and swallow the American-Saudi-Israeli propaganda wholesale seemed to me hell-bent on deciding how folks in Lebanon who have moved on should live and continue to be governed. And never underestimate what foreign money will buy.

Specifically because he is one of the less effective "thawra" manipulators, the least I would expect from a people who have supposedly become politically aware is to call out this guy for his bullshit.
    I suspect the more sophisticated/politically aware folks who are actually vying for political power don't see any potential crossover with his base and thus no reason to pick a fight with him. They know their votes and those sympathetic to them lie in the ex-tayyar or soft-tayyar votes (among others).

elias-aj

elias-aj

Legendary Member
    Lol Samir Geagea even claims he’s a doctor.

While he’s just a criminal, a sociopath, head of a militia of illiterate murderers, thieves and criminals.

mikeys71

mikeys71

Lol Samir Geagea even claims he’s a doctor.

While he’s just a criminal, a sociopath, head of a militia of illiterate murderers, thieves and criminals.
    Thank you for your support. Because people like you and your idiocy he went from 4 MPs to 8 and then 15. Continue with your way of thinking next round he will be at 25.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Thank you for your support. Because people like you and your idiocy he went from 4 MPs to 8 and then 15. Continue with your way of thinking next round he will be at 25.
    HA have 16 mps, your point?

Thanks to Aoun and your Bassil law, he got 10, not 15

Aegon

Aegon

Exactly. And idiot aounies like Hannahwhatever would claim LF only truly represent 2 mps of Becharre. He kept repeating this falsehood for 15 years until he realized with every election LF have increased in popularity and there is nothing he can do about it.

Aegon

Aegon

First video is fake noos (edited). Here's the full video:

Excellent message.

All bullshi.t aside, this is superior pr work by the lebanese forces media team. This was obviously aimed at the independent younger Lebanese that are unsure of who to vote for. The younger generation is slowly taking over the votes. This election the vast majority of the younger masses will be voting for either independent sawra candidates or LF. Wait and see 👀

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    All bullshi.t aside, this is superior pr work by the lebanese forces media team. This was obviously aimed at the independent younger Lebanese that are unsure of who to vote for. The younger generation is slowly taking over the votes. This election the vast majority of the younger masses will be voting for either independent sawra candidates or LF. Wait and see 👀
    Ya khrabak ya bayteh. Hol met3almin?

elias-aj

elias-aj

Legendary Member
    Which way of thinking, I´m only stating facts about him. Whether you get 1 MP or 50. And I frankly don´t give a shi*.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    these are the laws that bassil have worked night and day for, to have a proper representation for the Christians in accordance to the constitution. the one law that could have provided the LF with even more representation you turned around and backstabed FPM in the process on the same day of the voting the law in the parliament.

you did not get your 15 parliament members because FPM popularity is receding, you got them because we have abolished the zhummi system under which Christians were able to elect a maximum of 17 mps between jbeil, kesrwen, metn and baabda.

this goes to show how politically immature and how ungrateful an treacherous you are; and this sums up the whole history of the bcharre tribe, true to the moqadam salem legacy. had it not been for FPM you would still be satisfied with the ministry of tourism you had after el ittife2 el roube3i.

shame.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    If Samir Geagea happens upon 25 MPs, something we all know is useless without a majority and meaningful alliances, it will not be of any decision of LF’s, or their own impetus, their strategic moves (lol), or their affirmative program or vision, but a happenstance they fall ass-backwards into. So, sa7tein 3a albkon the 25 MPs, orchestrated for you because others took significant political risks to allow your base to finally be able to determine its own representation. And hopefully for once in that militia-cum-party/militia’s existence, instead of standing in the way, LF will present a political program not borne of pure antagonism and spite, but to actually advance state-creation.