• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Saudi Arabia and the UAE to invest in 23 projects in Lebanon worth 11B USD

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Saudi Arabia in talks to sign 23 investment deals in Lebanon

Lebanese government is aiming to raise $11 billion in loans and grants to boost its reserves.

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are looking to invest in up to 23 infrastructure projects in Lebanon, Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Al Hariri said on Friday.

“We will present to (Saudi and the UAE) the projects we have in Cedre because they want to contribute and invest. The relationship between us has returned to what it was before and may be better,” Hariri told reporters during a visit in Washington, according to a report by Reuters.
Up to 23 deals are currently being negotiated, the report added.

[...]

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I hope so, but i dont know how true this article is because ksa and uae cant even invest in their own countries at the time being !!

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Saudi Arabia in talks to sign 23 investment deals in Lebanon

Lebanese government is aiming to raise $11 billion in loans and grants to boost its reserves.

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are looking to invest in up to 23 infrastructure projects in Lebanon, Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Al Hariri said on Friday.

“We will present to (Saudi and the UAE) the projects we have in Cedre because they want to contribute and invest. The relationship between us has returned to what it was before and may be better,” Hariri told reporters during a visit in Washington, according to a report by Reuters.
Up to 23 deals are currently being negotiated, the report added.

[...]

I want Ibrahim Kenaan to start writing the volume 2 of Ibra2 el Mahabil right now :)

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Of course it cannot, but it may help a little.

At this point, I'm not interested in band-aid solutions that will do nothing but prolong the unbearable status quo.

One thing for sure will certainly not save Lebanon or anything for that matter is Lord Bassil. He is a net negative. :)

Frankly, I don't even care anymore.

I disagree with the way you exclusively target FPM, but I can't be bothered to argue over it.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Behold who's engaged with Muhammad ben thou3ban in this fake-hopes deal

from Jo's posted article
"... Last month, three former Lebanese premiers - Fouad Siniora, Najib Mikati and Tammam Salam – travelled to Riyadh to meet with Saudi officials in order to request financial assistance for the Arab country."

and be in no doubt that either this overblown flying elephant will silently tingle out in the news media and no one will mention it again (same as their lie to offer three billion$ to arm our army right after their takfiris kidnapped and butchered some soldiers in 3erssal), or the lobbying trio of hungry sharks has already secured each own juicy share of the deal.

!Aoune32

this is not what would fix the country. projects from these countries are not welcomed aslan. we need the state to contribute to fixing our economy not being prostitutes to outside parties.

we need a defense budget of 5 bil for 5 years.
we need to fight corruption and close institutions that dont work and havent been working for a long time.
there should be a cut in those peoples pay mps and pms and presidents etc. they should be receiving 70% of their wage for 10 years and thats it. this is a huge drainage to our country that is heavily in debt 90 bil to be exact.
these points by themselves will enhance our budget by 5-10 billion a year.

then we need to increase our exports and not rely on our imports. our exports should be increased from oil and olives in koura to tobacco from the south to apples in bcharre etc. we have big agriculture but a lousy minister who does nothing. the ministry is as equal as the energy ministry. hence the ministry is always in berri hands which should have been swapped to christian hands.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Our financial independence is what Lebanon needs. We don't need to accept financial aid with preconditions to drown us or place a rope on our necks. I doubt what these countries would expect in return for such aid. Last time, their king withdrew what was pledged. Talk about having mood swing. .

Let us finalize drawing our maritime border with the Zionist occupation entity and start selling our oil and gas. We also deserve to be as rich as those camel riders. Most times people offer financial support to people who don't need it in the first place. Perhaps, these countries are sensing the impending financial independence of Lebanon and Lebanon freeing itself from their financial grip. Better days are ahead for Lebanon with oil and gas, even though we have corrupt people in power who are only after their own pockets and benefiting their cronies. Nonetheless, Lebanon will be in a better place. At least our politicians will stop begging. And we will stop having cause from pledging the future of our country to the dictates of desert wanderers and their mood swings. We would be free at last. Eventually!

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Oil and gas will save lebanon starting from next year. To be honest, im very optimistic about this issue and what will happen in the coming 2 years!

It would take 10 years to start making money from oil and gas and the country will most likely get downgraded and our politicians probably want it.
I am pessimistic. Lebanon is shit because if the corruption and the mafia is still ruling.