• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Saudi Prince arrested with drugs in Lebanon

kappa273

this is a story i saw on Angry Arab's blog..

Friday March 26th:
"Lebanese security forces have arrested a Saudi prince at the Rafiq Hariri International Airport in Beirut after they discovered cocaine in his possession during a routine inspection of passengers."

I follow the link provided and i went to PressTV...
"Lebanese security forces have arrested a Saudi prince at the Rafiq Hariri International Airport in Beirut after they discovered cocaine in his possession during a routine inspection of passengers.

The 51-year-old prince, identified only by his initials Y.B.A.A., was carrying an estimated about 16.3 grams of cocaine; worth about USD 1,600. He was about to leave Lebanon for France, Beirut-based a-l Akbar daily reported on Thursday.

The Saudi prince was then taken to the Drug Control Office to undergo a full examination.

The prince reportedly told investigators that the cocaine was "for his personal use" and he "got it from a friend who is currently in Saudi Arabia."

However, judicial officials told a-l Akbar daily that the prince has apparently purchased the cocaine from a nightclub in Beirut's neighborhood of Gemmazeh.

Officials at the Saudi Embassy in Beirut were contacted and informed about the arrest. A few hours later, the Saudi user was released on bail. "

as PressTV being iranian-funded and potential non-reliable when it comes to stories about KSA, I looked it up on google:

yaLibnan had the same story:
"The Lebanese Internal Security Forces have seized 16 grams of cocaine from a Saudi Prince at Rafik Hariri International Airport, As Safir daily reported Thursday.
The newspaper said that 51-year-old Y.B.A.A. was arrested on Tuesday before boarding an Air France flight to Paris.

The prince reportedly told investigators that the drugs were “for his personal use” and “got them from a friend who is currently in Saudi Arabia.”

even naharnet had the same story:
"Internal Security Forces have seized 16 grams of cocaine from a Saudi Prince at Rafik Hariri International Airport, As Safir daily reported Thursday.
The newspaper said that 51-year-old Y.B.A.A. was arrested on Tuesday before boarding an Air France flight to Paris.

The prince reportedly told investigators that the drugs were "for his personal use" and "got them from a friend who is currently in Saudi Arabia.""

Crimesite.com also released that story:
Lebanese security forces have arrested a Saudi prince at the Rafiq Hariri International Airport in Beirut after they discovered cocaine in his possession during a routine inspection of passengers.
The 51-year-old prince, identified only by his initials Y.B.A.A was ....

carrying an estimated about 16.3 grams of cocaine; worth about USD 1,600. He was about to leave Lebanon for France, Beirut-based a-l Akbar daily reported on Thursday.

The Saudi prince was then taken to the Drug Control Office to undergo a full examination.

The prince reportedly told investigators that the cocaine was "for his personal use" and he "got it from a friend who is currently in Saudi Arabia."

However, judicial officials told a-l Akbar daily that the prince has apparently purchased the cocaine from a nightclub in Beirut's neighborhood of Gemmazeh.

Officials at the Saudi Embassy in Beirut were contacted and informed about the arrest. A few hours later, the Saudi user was released on bail."

finally from the US department of State regarding travel to KSA:
"Penalties for the import, manufacture, possession, and consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs in Saudi Arabia are severe. Convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences, heavy fines, public floggings, and/or deportation. The penalty for drug trafficking in Saudi Arabia is death."

my question:
-similar to geageaists, are Saudi princes now above the law in Lebanon?
are they untouchables?

are they pre-requisites to be an untouchable in Lebanon?

kappa

Iceberg

What happens to our beloved PM if KSA cuts money income for a month? mn wen byidfa3 ma3achet [] li wara?

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
this is a story i saw on Angry Arab's blog..

Friday March 26th:
"Lebanese security forces have arrested a Saudi prince at the Rafiq Hariri International Airport in Beirut after they discovered cocaine in his possession during a routine inspection of passengers."

I follow the link provided and i went to PressTV...
"Lebanese security forces have arrested a Saudi prince at the Rafiq Hariri International Airport in Beirut after they discovered cocaine in his possession during a routine inspection of passengers.

The 51-year-old prince, identified only by his initials Y.B.A.A., was carrying an estimated about 16.3 grams of cocaine; worth about USD 1,600. He was about to leave Lebanon for France, Beirut-based a-l Akbar daily reported on Thursday.

Officials at the Saudi Embassy in Beirut were contacted and informed about the arrest. A few hours later, the Saudi user was released on bail. "

as PressTV being iranian-funded and potential non-reliable when it comes to stories about KSA, I looked it up on google:

yaLibnan had the same story:
"The Lebanese Internal Security Forces have seized 16 grams of cocaine from a Saudi Prince at Rafik Hariri International Airport, As Safir daily reported Thursday.

The prince reportedly told investigators that the drugs were “for his personal use” and “got them from a friend who is currently in Saudi Arabia.”

even naharnet had the same story:
"Internal Security Forces have seized 16 grams of cocaine from a Saudi Prince at Rafik Hariri International Airport, As Safir daily reported Thursday.

The prince reportedly told investigators that the drugs were "for his personal use" and "got them from a friend who is currently in Saudi Arabia.""

Crimesite.com also released that story:
Lebanese security forces have arrested a Saudi prince at the Rafiq Hariri International Airport in Beirut after they discovered cocaine in his possession during a routine inspection of passengers.
The 51-year-old prince, identified only by his initials Y.B.A.A was ....

carrying an estimated about 16.3 grams of cocaine; worth about USD 1,600. He was about to leave Lebanon for France, Beirut-based a-l Akbar daily reported on Thursday.

Officials at the Saudi Embassy in Beirut were contacted and informed about the arrest. A few hours later, the Saudi user was released on bail."

finally from the US department of State regarding travel to KSA:
"Penalties for the import, manufacture, possession, and consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs in Saudi Arabia are severe. Convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences, heavy fines, public floggings, and/or deportation. The penalty for drug trafficking in Saudi Arabia is death."

my question:
are they untouchables?

kappa

Ya7okko li 2al Saud ma la ya7okko li ghayrihim

Rock

my question:
are they untouchables?

kappa

i dont understand the purpose of the question!
wasnt the guy arrested? why did you consider him untouchable?

ecce homo

What's the penalty for possessing cocaine in Saudi Arabia?

I think it's quite brutal:

Four Nigerian drug traffickers fell on the wrong side of the law in Saudi Arabia days before the just concluded Hajj exercise and were not spared by the authority, who insisted that they must be beheaded.

Bazek

Saudi princes should never be arrested in Lebanon, the officer who did that should be arrested and send to KSA so he can be executed for no one should dare to repeat that again.

Who will grow our economy if we keep on upsetting drug dealers and bank mafia chiefs ??? :huh:

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Sorry my bad; do you think that a normal citizen caught in the airport with 16grams of cocaine would be released on bail?

If they know or were connected to a saudi prince yeah, why not? :biggrin::biggrin:

We are second tier "citizens" in our own country, and we have political parties to defend this situation of ours LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

O Brother

Legendary Member
Sorry my bad; do you think that a normal citizen caught in the airport with 16grams of cocaine would be released on bail?

depends on if he/she got good friends like Hariri, Berri, Nasrallah, Amin, Aoun, Jumblat and the list goes on and on!

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Can someone tell us how much was the bail that this prince paid.

Coz next time when I go to beirut I'll bring with me some coke + the bail, To guarantee That i will pass. Baddeh 2a3mela shaghelteh.