• Advertisement
  • My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Great
    Yalla flush your iphones down the toilet
    Uninstall windows and get off twitter and facebook

Tell Hassan to stop paying his militants in USD.
    Sell your american cars in LBP.
    Yeah, Nasrallah will have to switch from Iphone to Irang, from Windows to Nowrouz, from Pepsi to Farsi, from facebook to dafouk. And so find the replacement for a thousand and one more products with at least some American components in them.

Even if he's in his full right to refuse American products for himself and his supporters, I hope the government and official Lebanon turn a deaf ear to such ridiculous call. Wonder how more popular willl he become when a majority of shabeb and sabaya are suddenly cut off whatsapp.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Yeah, Nasrallah will have to switch from Iphone to Irang, from Windows to Nowrouz, from Pepsi to Farsi, from facebook to dafouk. And so find the replacement for a thousand and one more products with at least some American components in them.

Even if he's in his full right to refuse American products for himself and his supporters, I hope the government and official Lebanon turn a deaf ear to such ridiculous call. Wonder how more popular willl he become when a majority of shabeb and sabaya are suddenly cut off whatsapp.
    While you have every right to refuse his call, the justification you are making is ridiculous. It actually empowers both in present and future whoever wants to bully us from the outside.

We are a market. We are a big consuming nation for our size. That means we have purchasing power that other countries our size/economic level don't actually have. Most Lebanese families have relatives sending money for their upkeep from abroad. We are a nation of expats with lots of money. We are not a poor people. If you want to know what poverty means, you need to look at other countries; not Lebanon. We are industrious and go getters. We make things happen in our host countries. We run businesses and create employment for other nations. Bigger nations are competing hard for markets for their manufactured goods. And here you are sounding as if it is the consumer with money that should beg the producer with his goods - that have an expiry date. Money does not have an expiry date. Money doesn't go out of fashion like an iPhone would.

As for boycotting American goods, I think SHN should lead by example and ask his comrades to stop using American cars. That is where the boycott needs to start from for others to emulate. Personally, I dont use an iPhone and I prefer Samsung. Similarly, I have no taste for American vehicles. I see them as good for nothing. I prefer Japanese vehicles and to a lesser extent, German vehicles.

So I believe there are alternatives, even better alternatives to American luxury products. We can even use the billions we spend on American cars to build a modern transport system (trams, cable cars, trains, etc). The bulk of the Lebanese import of American goods are not essential items we can't do without or which do not have have alternatives, even better alternatives. The bulk of our American imports are luxury items which can be substituted with other brands from other countries. It is just the mentality that needs to change. The mentality is in three folds: a mentality of @$$lickery (of puppets), a mentality of despair (doomsday preachers) and a mentality of feeling superior by owning certain brands (a mentality of inferiority complex in short).

The above explanation is based on logic.

When it comes to practice, I will really support and adopt SHN's call when I see his guys abandoning American made vehicles and start using Euro instead of USD (when you make less use of USD, and replace it with another currency, it will lose value; I'm not talking of our Americanized banking system. I'm talking of people power. Open accounts in Euro or British Pounds).

Also, if the US sanctions Lebanon, first of all, it will hurt the American economy (no matter how little). Economically, Lebanon is a US colony. A small country like Lebanon is buying goods worth about $2bn annually from the US. Targeting Lebanon economically means people won't be able to buy those products any longer. It is a trade minus for the US. The US is shooting itself in the foot and firstly, punishing its own allies in Lebanon and making then poorer and more vulnerable. You dont even need a boycott in this case. When people become poorer, they won't afford luxury goods. Also, our Lebanese Lira is just a symbol. The actual currency in Lebanon is the USD. So, easily, over time, we would stop buying US products because we won't be able to afford them when the economy goes bad thanks to American pressure/economic blackmail or economic sabotage and vandalism. There and then, you won't need to tell people what not to buy. Also, there and then, the Lebanese government can ban the importation of American products (if there people can still afford them). The government can do it without even the need to ask people. Or is our government too chicken to take such a measure?

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    @Lebmonage Yballsho bil GMC Envoys bil 2awwal if they're sincere in their call. :cigar:

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    While you have every right to refuse his call, the justification you are making is ridiculous. It actually empowers both in present and future whoever wants to bully us from the outside.

We are a market. We are a big consuming nation for our size. That means we have purchasing power that other countries our size/economic level don't actually have. Most Lebanese families have relatives sending money for their upkeep from abroad. We are a nation of expats with lots of money. We are not a poor people. If you want to know what poverty means, you need to look at other countries; not Lebanon. We are industrious and go getters. We make things happen in our host countries. We run businesses and create employment for other nations. Bigger nations are competing hard for markets for their manufactured goods. And here you are sounding as if it is the consumer with money that should beg the producer with his goods - that have an expiry date. Money does not have an expiry date. Money doesn't go out of fashion like an iPhone would.

As for boycotting American goods, I think SHN should lead by example and ask his comrades to stop using American cars. That is where the boycott needs to start from for others to emulate. Personally, I dont use an iPhone and I prefer Samsung. Similarly, I have no taste for American vehicles. I see them as good for nothing. I prefer Japanese vehicles and to a lesser extent, German vehicles.

So I believe there are alternatives, even better alternatives to American luxury products. We can even use the billions we spend on American cars to build a modern transport system (trams, cable cars, trains, etc). The bulk of the Lebanese import of American goods are not essential items we can't do without or which do not have have alternatives, even better alternatives. The bulk of our American imports are luxury items which can be substituted with other brands from other countries. It is just the mentality that needs to change. The mentality is in three folds: a mentality of @$$lickery (of puppets), a mentality of despair (doomsday preachers) and a mentality of feeling superior by owning certain brands (a mentality of inferiority complex in short).

The above explanation is based on logic.

When it comes to practice, I will really support and adopt SHN's call when I see his guys abandoning American made vehicles and start using Euro instead of USD (when you make less use of USD, and replace it with another currency, it will lose value; I'm not talking of our Americanized banking system. I'm talking of people power. Open accounts in Euro or British Pounds).

Also, if the US sanctions Lebanon, first of all, it will hurt the American economy (no matter how little). Economically, Lebanon is a US colony. A small country like Lebanon is buying goods worth about $2bn annually from the US. Targeting Lebanon economically means people won't be able to buy those products any longer. It is a trade minus for the US. The US is shooting itself in the foot and firstly, punishing its own allies in Lebanon and making then poorer and more vulnerable. You dont even need a boycott in this case. When people become poorer, they won't afford luxury goods. Also, our Lebanese Lira is just a symbol. The actual currency in Lebanon is the USD. So, easily, over time, we would stop buying US products because we won't be able to afford them when the economy goes bad thanks to American pressure/economic blackmail or economic sabotage and vandalism. There and then, you won't need to tell people what not to buy. Also, there and then, the Lebanese government can ban the importation of American products (if there people can still afford them). The government can do it without even the need to ask people. Or is our government too chicken to take such a measure?
    Sometimes you make sense using strict logical reasoning, other times you let your wishful fantasies run your tongue. Boycott American products and end up like a worst-case Iran, minus the oil plus the total absence of any production industry worth remembering. That's the mild definition of a less than drat 3a blat nation, 2eza men hesh aw men nesh no one really cares. And this has nothing to do with any self-imposed inferiority complex; rather that's how much impact we have on the fast-moving uninterested universe that we imagine pays attention to us. Believing in the opposite is a delusion, however.

If Nasrallah's folks driving their American cars are to heed his call and your condition, are you prepared to also stop using your Samsung (as it contains American manufactured components), abandon all your social media accounts including the precious Whatsapp, stop watching TV, Netflix on your American component-based computer and TV, never touch a Coca-cola and Pepsi, nor watch American movies bel mekhfe w men ta7t la ta7t?
    I know you are not, and I'm not joking, because you're smarter than so. Nasrallah's call is therefore hollow.
    I think everyone is now ripe to stop this silly war, including Hizballah. Let's get smart, there's also strength in being smarter than only defying.

How about Nasrallah opening up for talks with the Americans and Israelis, for a change? 2enno perpetual resisting is for sure not winning over your enemy, only not losing big, but always a little as time goes by. They're keeping you, and everyone in Lebanon, singa ta2, always on high alert. Is this a life?
    The stronger needs only to keep being a threat, the sweat and tears are all done on the resister's end. Unless you are capable of beating the Americans and Israelis and reconquer the lands within 2 years, you are better off talking to them instead.. of course through the Lebanese state where you already are represented.

NewLeb

NewLeb

Note: Lebanon's annual trade with the US on average is about $2bn imports.

Hezbollah’s Nasrallah calls for boycott of US products as ‘part of the battle’

If the Hezbollah community was more concerned with scientific and cultural innovation, rather than splitting their foreheads open, I’d take Mr. Nasrallah more seriously....