• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Fun Seinfeld anyone?

Osiris

Osiris

The real Kramer is called Kenny Kramer:

Contrary to popular speculation, as Kenny Kramer has confirmed in a behind-the-scenes interview for the Seinfeld DVD in the documentary: "Kramer vs Kramer: Kenny to Cosmo", Michael Richards did not meet with Kenny to study the character and actually wanted nothing to do with him at all. The character of Kramer was originally going to be named Kessler, due to Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David's justified fear that using the name might spur the real Kramer to exploit his association with the character. However, they eventually came to the conclusion that the name was too good not to use. Kenny Kramer then proceeded to contact Castle Rock Entertainment with a list of several demands, many of which were financial, for the use of his name.

All of these were met even though Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David remained worried that Kenny Kramer would exploit the Kramer name as much as possible, which he did in fact go on to do. Kenny has been the host of Kramer's Reality Tour and Kramer's Reality Road Show for the past ten years. He tells behind-the-scene Seinfeld stories to his audience and gives a bus tour of sites made famous by Seinfeld. A DVD version of his reality tour has been produced.

The "Reality Tours" were later spoofed on Seinfeld in the episode "The Muffin Tops", when the Cosmo Kramer character receives money from catalog sales company owner J. Peterman for the use of his various stories in Peterman's biography; he develops a reality bus tour and touts himself as "The Real J. Peterman." The aforementioned refusal of Richards not to meet with Kenny before playing a character based on him in Seinfeld also is parodied in the 4th season episode "The Pilot," where Kramer tries to teach the on-screen Kramer how to play him, where the actor flat out refuses and claims he'll play it as him. Later on, George also picks up on lines being misread and the actor again makes his statement to play it his way.

• Advertisement
  • eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Last edited by a moderator:
    eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Art Vandelay

Reactions: Jo
    eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Newman!

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    One of my favorites

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    [h=1]30 Ways Growing Up With “Seinfeld” Totally Messed You Up[/h]

30. You’re always talking about people behind their backs.

Via myseinfeldblogisgreaterthanyours.tumblr.com

29. You are pathetic, and you don’t even care, even though you probably should.

Via theseinfeldshow.tumblr.com

28. You are always judging couples in public.

Via you1anna.tumblr.com

27. You basically hate everyone who is in a happy relationship.

Via seinfeld-daily.tumblr.com

26. You are constantly using this excuse.

25. You have a love–hate relationship with vending machines.

Via seinfeld-quotes.tumblr.com

24. You take too many naps.

23. Not eating is never an option. If you don’t eat, you’re angry.

22. Food and sex = life.

Via antonelli.tumblr.com

21. You’re always questioning other people’s fashion choices.

Bras as tops? Nope!

Capes? Nope!

Via seinfeldtv.tumblr.com

20. You beat the shit out of ketchup bottles.

Via ronchorama.tumblr.com

19. Alcohol is life.

18. You are not you without it.

Via altoclark.tumblr.com

17. This is why you drink in public.

Via ourconcretejungle.tumblr.com

16. You understand the timeless art of seduction.

Via freeshawarmas.tumblr.com

15. You’re living a lie or two or 20.

14. You are a slob.

Via adventurecomics.tumblr.com

13. You constantly wonder what it’s like to be normal.

12. You love cheese almost a little too much.

Via youmakemisohappy.tumblr.com

11. You have at one time or other thought how cool it would be to open your own Moviefone business.

Via alwaysmoneyinthebnanastand.tumblr.com

10. You end relationships over things like pie.

Via sspowers2.tumblr.com

9. You don’t give a shit about what people think about you in public.

Via perigilpin.tumblr.com

8. You look annoyed all the time on purpose.

Via tokkida.tumblr.com

7. Your ultimate dream job: bagel technician.

Via maxkaplun.tumblr.com

6. You don’t go outside nearly enough.

Via yerfacee.tumblr.com

5. You realize that being a better you takes time. One small step at a time.

Via memoriastoica.tumblr.com

Via memoriastoica.tumblr.com

4. You are really good at fake talking.

Via steinfield.tumblr.com

3. You wear your emotions on your sleeve.

Via weheartit.com

2. You are, in general, sick of people.

Via seinfeldtv.tumblr.com

1. And most importantly, you’ll never buy a puffy jacket because you know everyone will punch you when you wear it.

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

You want a Christmas card? You want a Christmas card? Alright, here, get your Christmas card!

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    The scene where George and his mother are in the coffee shop and she's telling him that she's out there and he goes on a rant about how she can't be out there. I literally spit out the cornflakes.

spacecreature

spacecreature

I'm a Seinfeld expert, that episode is actually a funny reference to the original concept behind the series itself, in a sense recreating the creation of Seinfeld. This is what is known in French as "mise en abyme" :) The guys had no idea what they were doing initially. They were taking it a day at a time, and brainstorming silly ideas that could turn into episodes, and every time would get surprised/excited that more episodes were being requested and they would freak out trying to come up with new ideas . I was originally put off by the "normality" of the actors, in that none of them are good looking or anything (yes I was young and superficial then haha. And Seinfeld is a bad actor! They also hint at it on the show, coz the producers were worried about that, and even the focus group they tested it on said the same thing!) but gradually realized how great that show was. I guess you had to be of a certain age to appreciate it's pioneering beauty! Often times when I watch other sitcoms now, I notice they steal a lot of ideas from Seinfeld, that's how good it was.

Last edited: