• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Hani_Farah

If you are a resident of Lebanon or even have been living here as an expat for a while, you will notice that traffic laws are not followed very strictly here. In fact, sometimes you might commit a violation, like driving above the speed limit or not paying your parking ticket, and you would not get fined at all.

Recently, and all of a sudden, some of my colleagues and I were bombarded with traffic law violations we have apparently committed. So keep in mind that for the past few weeks, traffic laws are being enforced. Maybe you were fined by a police officer on the road or you were paying your mecanique fees and realized that you had some overdue traffic violation fees. Either way, it’s best to check and avoid being surprised later. You can check on the ISF website or on the OMT website. Through OMT, you can settle both your speed tickets and yellow tickets with simple steps.

I think it’s really great that more private companies are taking initiatives to facilitate citizens’ governmental activities and easing the process. It’s about time we got easier alternatives than waiting in long queues and driving long distances to take care of simple transactions.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Actually, since you brought it up

Let me share this story of mine
In 2014 or 2015 (can’t remember) i was visiting a client in downtown Beirut.
My visit coincided with some demonstrations for the labour union (back when they were calling for the sesleh) so i couldn’t reach the parkings near the Lazaristes area. So i parked by the road near a ‘No Parking’ sign, i was late already looking for a spot.

30 minutes later i found a 20,000 parking ticket on my windshield (Yellow paper)
To my stupidity i didn’t pay it right on the spot.

2 weeks later i was in Beirut,
So i went to Maferzet wasat Beirut, i think it was near Biel
They were like, too late 3laik ma7kme tla3 3al 3adliye
So i took a cab to 3adliye, went from a room to another, 2 hours later a kind soul agreed to help me, they went through their dossiers, then asked me to head back to the Maferze because the ticket ‘did not reach 3adliye’.

While there, a guy operating some printer told me ‘Forget about it’, 2 years later, they’ll post you to attend to court, pay 20,000 and that’s it.

Still i went back on the same day to Maferze, where they asked me to head back to 3adliye!!!!!

I said, **** it, i’ll trust the printer guy.

Fast forward 5 years, i still did not hear from them to attend court and since then each time i pass through passport control on Beirut airport i fear getting arrested for not paying this ****ing 20,000 parking ticket.

What am i supposed to do now ? ?

If you are a resident of Lebanon or even have been living here as an expat for a while, you will notice that traffic laws are not followed very strictly here. In fact, sometimes you might commit a violation, like driving above the speed limit or not paying your parking ticket, and you would not get fined at all.

Recently, and all of a sudden, some of my colleagues and I were bombarded with traffic law violations we have apparently committed. So keep in mind that for the past few weeks, traffic laws are being enforced. Maybe you were fined by a police officer on the road or you were paying your mecanique fees and realized that you had some overdue traffic violation fees. Either way, it’s best to check and avoid being surprised later. You can check on the ISF website or on the OMT website. Through OMT, you can settle both your speed tickets and yellow tickets with simple steps.

I think it’s really great that more private companies are taking initiatives to facilitate citizens’ governmental activities and easing the process. It’s about time we got easier alternatives than waiting in long queues and driving long distances to take care of simple transactions.
bte3jebneh taree2tak el khabisseh ya farrouha !! parking ticket lesh ya 7ob ? [] bel dawleh !! the most people who violate the traffic laws are the members of the Lebanese State and the politicians and the members of the Lebanese government. [] do they fine themselves ?! do you and your private companies get to fine them ?!

[] ... if someone works in a company and he has to park his car daily from morning till the end of his shift ... does he have to pay half his salary for parking tickets and fines ?

[] 3ali 7assan el khalil wou sa3den el 7ariri wou zebran bassil .. all they are doing is imposing more fines and more taxes on the people because of the national debt which they caused in the first place. Wlak ento ma bye2ba3kon ella el dawleh el islemiyeh aw isra2eel wou gheir hek ma byemsheh el 7al.

[]

[] Jamal el Jarrah baddo eyzeed el darayeb 3al mountaj el ajnabeh baddal may nazel se3er el Lebanese merchandise ... 3ala 2assess el fa2eer 3am yeshtreh el bda3a el tirkiyeh enkeyeh bel bda3a el lebnenieh wou mish li2ano el bda3a el terkieh arkhasslo. Wlak [] bel arzeh ... el arzeh ta7et sermeyteh hiyeh wel baddleh el 3askarieh ... [] !!

Last edited by a moderator:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
bte3jebneh taree2tak el khabisseh ya farrouha !! parking ticket lesh ya 7ob ? [] bel dawleh !! the most people who violate the traffic laws are the members of the Lebanese State and the politicians and the members of the Lebanese government. [] do they fine themselves ?! do you and your private companies get to fine them ?!

[] ... if someone works in a company and he has to park his car daily from morning till the end of his shift ... does he have to pay half his salary for parking tickets and fines ?

[] 3ali 7assan el khalil wou sa3den el 7ariri wou zebran bassil .. all they are doing is imposing more fines and more taxes on the people because of the national debt which they caused in the first place. Wlak ento ma bye2ba3kon ella el dawleh el islemiyeh aw isra2eel wou gheir hek ma byemsheh el 7al.

[]

[] Jamal el Jarrah baddo eyzeed el darayeb 3al mountaj el ajnabeh baddal may nazel se3er el Lebanese merchandise ... 3ala 2assess el fa2eer 3am yeshtreh el bda3a el tirkiyeh enkeyeh bel bda3a el lebnenieh wou mish li2ano el bda3a el terkieh arkhasslo. Wlak [] bel arzeh ... el arzeh ta7et sermeyteh hiyeh wel baddleh el 3askarieh ...[] !!

I think I agree on some of your well chosen words.. they speak of bottomless anger, and believe me, for the first time in our stormy forum life together, they touched my heart. I feel your pain da3ishi.

I must warn you though: if you hate it so much, I mean your sucking life, and decide to do something about it, inform us here before you put the vest on.. We'd love to share a last bacon supper with you... before we contact moukhabarat el jeish.
Promise?

Last edited by a moderator: