This sucks Sexual harassment against women in Egypt

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Lets talk about this, I have seen many women come out after being harassed, only to be detained again.

Is it illegal for Egyptian women to report/fight sexual harassment?

I will start with this incident:

Egyptian activist Amal Fathy was detained in May after she posted an expletive laden video to her Facebook page denouncing sexual harassment and the state of the country. She detailed harassment that she had experienced that same day, and vowed to leave the country with her young son.

She and her son were detained after the video was posted. Months later, Ms. Fathy is still being held, awaiting trial on charges of inciting terrorism over the internet and spreading fake news.

• Advertisement
  • SeaAb

Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Lets talk about this, I have seen many women come out after being harassed, only to be detained again.

Is it illegal for Egyptian women to report/fight sexual harassment?

I will start with this incident:

Apparently, as in the case of Mona Mozbouh, she was detained because she cursed the state and not for reporting sexual harassment. Here's the video that got her in trouble.

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Apparently, as in the case of Mona Mozbouh, she was detained because she cursed the state and not for reporting sexual harassment. Here's the video that got her in trouble.
    I didnt reporting as in officially. I meant reporting it on Social Media "ranting"

manifesto

She cursed Egyptians because she had just been harassed by an Egyptian taxi driver. She didn't come out after Egyptians for no reason.
    Of course we condemn the use of foul language against our brotherly Egyptian a-holes, but the real issue here is sexual harassment and not the reaction of the victim.

SeaAb

Staff member
    Super Penguin
    She cursed Egyptians because she had just been harassed by an Egyptian taxi driver. She didn't come out after Egyptians for no reason.
    Of course we condemn the use of foul language against our brotherly Egyptian a-holes, but the real issue here is sexual harassment and not the reaction of the victim.
    She's an activist for the April6 opposition movement. Her detention is part of Sisi's crackdown on all opposition groups in the country.

By the way, i am merely providing more information on the subject and in no way condoning her arrest.

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree with Trump on a few things. The biggest is that there are in fact shit-hole countries. Egypt is a shit-hole, sha3ban wa ardan.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    the same thing is happening in sweden by waves of immigrants. in many towns swedish women no longer dare to walk the streets after hours or even in mid daylight in some places. however when one raises the issue about the sweden case, scores of accusations of racism, fascism, religious extremism, etc.. are very quick to follow by people who consider themselves to be enlightened beacons for progress, freedom, and human rights; while in reality they are very serious threat to civilization as we know it.

there is a severe problem manifesting itself in egypt. but there is even a deeper and more twisted one manifesting itself in the scores of fried bulb-heads all around the globe.

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I admire the Coptic spirit, it’s unstoppable. Out of 3730 church requests they only get 220 approvals. Who needs Gov’t approval to pray?
    DpQs385W0AA_IdK.jpg

worst cases are not against women, but against christians