• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Sharawneh neighborhood - jaafar family vs. laf? [1 laf martyr fell]

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is the law until further notice
Would you say the same about rape marriage? The law still existed not too long ago.

Laws that make no sense and which expose the government's double standards and threaten people's livelihoods should not be respected.

• Advertisement
  • Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Isn't this the same country that views Bin Salman as innocent?
    I don't trust any report coming out of the USA and Israel.

Their definition of crime is based on interests not morals.
    What do reports created by law enforcement agencies have to do with positions of politicians? (Hizbullah drug smuggling operations are targeted by law enforcement, not legislators or politicians).
    Feel free not to trust them, that's your choice.

By the way, US Senate just voted to withdraw US support and military aid for KSA's War in Yemen. Some Republicans in the House (led by Paul Ryan) are refusing to hold a vote during lameduck session for fear it will pass. If they don't, then this resolution -- if taken up in new Congress -- will pass and be sent to the White House where Trump has to sign it into law. Trump is likely to veto it though. In other words, the Crusaders are protecting the Islamists :cigar:.

EDIT: Do you believe reports coming out of France? 'Lebanese Connection' drug trial to open in Paris

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    I haven't been following this closely. Are they hashish dealers or wanted outlaws?
    Personally, I believe hashish should be legalized. It's no different than alcohol.

The Shia who is cultivating cannabis in the Bekaa is not causing more harm to the society than the Christian selling liquor in Beirut.

Let's stop it with the double standards.
    Cultivating cannabis? And some khabayzeh maybe.
    You are so outdated. These thugs are flooding the local and international markets with all sort of chemical pills, stealing cars, attacking the army.
    All that under the political cover of the shia duo. That's terrorism.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Cultivating cannabis? And some khabayzeh maybe.
    You are so outdated. These thugs are flooding the local and international markets with all sort of chemical pills, stealing cars, attacking the army.
    All that under the political cover of the shia duo. That's terrorism.
    Perhaps if they let them grow cannabis, they won't have resort to stealing cars to survive. The Bekaa is the most deprived district in Lebanon.

Also, what cover? Last time I checked the army was raiding the area.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Perhaps if they let them grow cannabis, they won't have resort to stealing cars to survive. The Bekaa is the most deprived district in Lebanon.

Do you grow cannabis?
    I don't see you stealing cars.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The drug dealers are not HA's people. Yeh they kicked the israeli dogs out, and the takfiris too, and? why can't the army finish these thugs once and for all. Not HA's remit. Simple.
    You know very well that if the army goes after them for good, they will claim the state is against the Shia. And if the ISF goes after them, they will claim "Hariri's militia" is attacking the Shia.

HA probably don't need to do more than talk to them and give them a warning, to calm them down.

The reason people are implicating HA in this is that they go after everyone who harms their interests; but, when it comes to their Shia countrymen, from Berri to these guys, they close their eyes, in the name of Shia unity.

That is sort of understandable. But you also have to understand that other Lebanese are suffering for the sake of Shia unity, which is not acceptable.

Either you are part of the state or not. But you can't have it both ways, according to what suits your purpose at any given moment.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Did the Shiite community come to their defense, though?

I wasn't justifying the violence against the army.
    I just think our law is discriminatory because it criminalizes cannabis cultivation and turns a blind eye to the sale of alcohol.
    Why are you making this a Christian / Muslim issue?

In most countries of the world, the debate on cannabis is still ongoing. So this is not some special type of anti-Shia discrimination.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

There are ways to improve the economic situation in the Bekaa, other than cultivating drugs.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

I haven't been following this closely. Are they hashish dealers or wanted outlaws?
    Personally, I believe hashish should be legalized. It's no different than alcohol.

The Shia who is cultivating cannabis in the Bekaa is not causing more harm to the society than the Christian selling liquor in Beirut.

Let's stop it with the double standards.
    Aya double standars bro?
    Some of them are wanted by the state. There is no law saying that alcohol is a substance that is banned. There is a big difference. Some of them are hashish sellers which is banned by law.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Eh eh, on the payroll too. Speak to any member of HA to understand their view of these thugs.
    What ever man. HA protects them and they give HA money. Bisa3do HA with $$ and HA doesnt let the state go in and round them up.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member

Many areas are deprived. Perhaps if the bekaa was safer, more tourists would visit.

Where I come from is also deprived, but people do not resort to illegal activities. They are not covered by parties of thugs that carry weapons.

theMightyRedV

theMightyRedV

You know very well that if the army goes after them for good, they will claim the state is against the Shia. And if the ISF goes after them, they will claim "Hariri's militia" is attacking the Shia.

HA probably don't need to do more than talk to them and give them a warning, to calm them down.

The reason people are implicating HA in this is that they go after everyone who harms their interests; but, when it comes to their Shia countrymen, from Berri to these guys, they close their eyes, in the name of Shia unity.

That is sort of understandable. But you also have to understand that other Lebanese are suffering for the sake of Shia unity, which is not acceptable.

Either you are part of the state or not. But you can't have it both ways, according to what suits your purpose at any given moment.
    These drug dealers ma bye3erfo Allah...do you think they listen or look at HA as an authority? Understand our flipside too...you set your expectations of HezbAllah as it suits your purposes at any given moment too.

theMightyRedV

theMightyRedV

What ever man. HA protects them and they give HA money. Bisa3do HA with $$ and HA doesnt let the state go in and round them up.
    Where has HA ever stopped the Army or state from carrying out operations against these thugs? Where has HA protected them? Please, some concrete proof would be helpful.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    These drug dealers ma bye3erfo Allah...do you think they listen or look at HA as an authority? Understand our flipside too...you set your expectations of HezbAllah as it suits your purposes at any given moment too.
    I don't know if these people like HA or not. But they must know that they are no match to HA, no?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The real reason Cannabis was banned.

So alcohol prohibition finally ended -- and Harry Anslinger was afraid. He found himself in charge of a huge government department, with nothing for it to do. Up until then, he had said that cannabis was not a problem. It doesn't harm people, he explained, and "there is no more absurd fallacy" than the idea it makes people violent.

But then -- suddenly, when his department needed a new purpose -- he announced he had changed his mind.
    He explained to the public what would happen if you smoked cannabis.
    First, you will fall into "a delirious rage." Then you will be gripped by "dreams... of an erotic character." Then you will "lose the power of connected thought." Finally, you will reach the inevitable end-point: "Insanity."

Marijuana turns man into a "wild beast." If marijuana bumped into Frankenstein's monster on the stairs, Anslinger warned, the monster would drop dead of fright.
    Harry Anslinger became obsessed with one case in particular. In Florida, a boy called Victor Licata hacked his family to death with an axe. Anslinger explained to America: This is what will happen when you smoke "the demon weed." The case became notorious. The parents of the U.S. were terrified.
    What evidence did Harry Anslinger have? It turns out at this time he wrote to the 30 leading scientists on this subject, asking if cannabis was dangerous, and if there should be a ban.
    Twenty-nine wrote back and said no.

Anslinger picked out the one scientist who said yes, and presented him to the world. The press -- obsessed with Victor Licata's axe -- cheered them on.
    In a panic that gripped America, marijuana was banned.

Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think | HuffPost
    My dear, I know that you and many other people are pro-legalization of cannabis. And many people are against it. This is a debate of its own, and each side have their arguments. But this is not what I am arguing about.

What I am saying is that when the authorities go after cannabis growers in the Bekka, they are not doing it simply because these people are Shia.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    My dear, I know that you and many other people are pro-legalization of cannabis. And many people are against it. This is a debate of its own, and each side have their arguments. But this is no what I am arguing about.

What I am saying is that when the authorities go after cannabis growers in the Bekka, they are not doing it simply because these people are Shia.
    Agreed.

I gave the liquor store as an example, bevause some forumers were using the hashish argument to portray Shiites of the Bekaa as criminals and drug lords.
    The truth is selling weed is no different than selling alcohol. It doesn't automatically make you a criminal.

I'm not so interested in legalizing marijuana as much as exposing the double standards behind our outdated laws.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    No match to HA? you expect HA to use force with these thugs?
    Of course not. Allies won't fight.

Just get the political cover off those thugs, the army would take care of them.
    Same as the thugs on mobilettes attacking Beirut streets at every occasion.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't get why the posts debating the legality of hashish have been moved to another thread.

The hashish issue is the root cause for the army confrontation with the Jaafar clan.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Agreed.

I gave the liquor store as an example, bevause some forumers were using the hashish argument to portray Shiites of the Bekaa as criminals and drug lords.
    The truth is selling weed is no different than selling alcohol. It doesn't automatically make you a criminal.

I'm not so interested in legalizing marijuana as much as exposing the double standards behind our outdated laws.
    Yes it is different selling alcohol and cannabis. One is regulated by the govt, one is regulated by thugs.
    We can argue that both are bad for your health, and even alcohol is more harmful, but this is not a health or moral discussion here.