Share your favorite (funny) movie scenes!

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
A reason why i always enjoy British gangster movies would be in most cases their hilarious script combined with their rough language/accent.

Snatch is, hands down, at the top of my list
A movie that i'd watch 100 times over and laugh like a freaking idiot every single time.

Every single scene in that movie is worth being mentioned here, but if i'm to choose just one, it would be:

'Desert Eagle vs Replicas' :

Vinny: I don't want a fuss, and I don't want to put a bullet in your face, but if you don't give me exactly what I want, there will be ****ing murders.
Bullet Tooth Tony: [to Tyrone] What's your name?
Sol: Shoot him.
Bullet Tooth Tony: [mocking] Ooh.
[Vinny attempts to pistol-whip Tony; Tony catches his hand and grips it tightly as Sol draws another gun]
Sol: Let... go... of... the... gun!
[Tony releases Vinny]
Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you're obviously the big dick. And the men on either side of you are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big, brave balls, and there are little mincey ***** balls.
Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.
Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they're not clever. They smell pussy, and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey **** balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you're having second thoughts. You're shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns, and the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... **** off.
[Sips his drink]

• Advertisement
  • spacecreature

A reason why i always enjoy British gangster movies would be in most cases their hilarious script combined with their rough language/accent.

Snatch is, hands down, at the top of my list
    A movie that i'd watch 100 times over and laugh like a freaking idiot every single time.

Every single scene in that movie is worth being mentioned here, but if i'm to choose just one, it would be:

'Desert Eagle vs Replicas' :

What the...Are you sure these are even comedy movies lol?

Ok lots to pick from, but one iconic scene from Ghost that is memorable is this one. Sorry couldn't find it in English though.

Any scene with Woopy Goldberg would do actually. I used to like her a lot. Not sure why she stopped acting in movies.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter

Ok lots to pick from, but one iconic scene from Ghost that is memorable is this one. Sorry couldn't find it in English though.

Any scene with Woopy Goldberg would do actually. I used to like her a lot. Not sure why she stopped acting in movies.
    I love the british sense of humor
    Not everyone does :p

spacecreature

I love the british sense of humor
    Not everyone does :p
    My friend is English and I always argue with her, there is no such thing as British humor. It's either funny or it's not. That's like an excuse ;)
    We are all multi cultural and have been exposed enough to productions from all over the world, especially here in Lebanon, to be able to get any type of humor.
    A lot of series I like are English. The IT Crowd is hilarious, so is The Inbetweeners. Two of my favorite TV sitcoms and they are British.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    My friend is English and I always argue with her, there is no such thing as British humor. It's either funny or it's not. That's like an excuse ;)
    We are all multi cultural and have been exposed enough to productions from all over the world, especially here in Lebanon, to be able to get any type of humor.
    A lot of series I like are English. The IT Crowd is hilarious, so is The Inbetweeners. Two of my favorite TV sitcoms and they are British.
    It’s really a matter of perspective.
    Besides, you really need to watch the movie to see the plot building up to that scene in my first post.

I just love the constant use of rough language in British dialogues, most of the times in a very funny way.

spacecreature

It’s really a matter of perspective.
    Besides, you really need to watch the movie to see the plot building up to that scene in my first post.

I just love the constant use of rough language in British dialogues, most of the times in a very funny way.
    YES they swear a lot usually haha and it kinda works for them true :)

zero

I love the interaction with his boss on the stairs. It always makes me laugh.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    @spacecreature
    Do you find the below funny ?
    (It’s another scene of the same 3 guys from the same movie)

Quick guide to British sense of humor:
    • Always state the obvious (with an overreaction)
    • Use lots of swear words

spacecreature

@spacecreature

So is it like a clueless gang doing stupid things? I feel this would work as a series. Still not my cup of tea though.
    Requiem for a dream, ending scene.
    Cliche but fucking brilliant.

Either you are being sarcastic, or maybe I have no idea what comedy is :) This seemed tragic more than anything.
    But then again anything can be funny, this for instance is hilarious depending how you look at it :)

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    So is it like a clueless gang doing stupid things? I feel this would work as a series. Still not my cup of tea though.

Either you are being sarcastic, or maybe I have no idea what comedy is :) This seemed tragic more than anything.
    But then again anything can be funny, this for instance is hilarious depending how you look at it :)

Requiem for a dream is definitely not a comedy lol, the entire thing is like an anti drug addiction PSA! Good movie, definitely not funny!

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    @spacecreature

"Oi, I thought you said he was our getaway driver. What the fuck can he get away from?"