Shiia keserwan, Myth or Reality

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
I clearly said most of them. If you want to know then do a DNA test and see if you score any South Arabian admixture (i.e Yemeni-Omani) on a genetic calculator.
I already hav such proof thats why i asked if i should see myself as a folk tale from now on

• Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes, Keserwan was overwhelmingly Shiite. My ancestors were expelled to Northern Jbeil during 1569 from Keserwan. There is certainly no denying that the natives were Christians. So while all of Lebanese Muslims (and Druzes') ancestors were all Maronites who converted. We're all connected ;)
    Same here. My family traces its roots to Keserwan. It pains me to think what my grand-grand-grand téta and jéddo must have been through when they were expelled to Jbeil.

But I have to give some credit to Jbeil's Maronites, though.
    Relations between Maronites and the Shiite minority have been nothing but cordial, especially during the Civil War.
    It's understandable, though, given that most Jbeilis are Aounists and not LF thugs.

In any case, we like Jbeil better. You can shove Keserwan.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Same here. My family traces its roots to Keserwan. It pains me to think what my grand-grand-grand téta and jéddo must have been through when they were expelled to Jbeil.

Relations between Maronites and the Shiite minority have been nothing but cordial, especially during the Civil War.
    It's understandable, though, given that most Jbeilis are Aounists and not LF thugs.

طريق القدس تمر بكسروان و جونية يا اخ
    نسيت ؟

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    طريق القدس تمر بكسروان و جونية يا اخ
    نسيت ؟
    Ma badna el qudus. Badna a quick highway between Jbeil and Damascus so we can visit Sayyid Zaynab at will.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

War started in 1975 ya baba.

X

Xynus87

Indeed. But I've got the date wrong, it was during 1488* not 1569. Anyway still. There are Shiite families called Keserwani, Feytrouni, Hrajli and Jbeili. Shiites with my surname are also present in Chouf, Koura, Matn, Akkar and Keserwan.
    Where are you from, if you don't mind? or PM me if you want to keep secret.

Last edited: