Should Bassil's opposition in FPM launch a new democratic modern party?

Should Bassil's opposition in FPM launch a new democratic modern party?

• Yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
I smell also bad sent from your words ya zouzou.
Not really. Most people do not know much about him that can be referenced. Except that he is an excellent army commander and Aoun's son in law. I hope he speaks more so people can know who he is and what he stands for.

• Advertisement
  • L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Someone posted here on this forum, a Jean Aziz facebook post saying that he will appear on this show.
    I did :)

No Jean Aziz was saying that Roukoz promised him to be his guest whenever he decides to go public.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    Gee, I wonder who will be for such a split...:rolleyes:

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I voted no. JL has been at this for a while, so sorry bro but I don't trust your motives :) the question is unfirtunately very valid though, and I say no because it takes time to get traction, and FPM/Bassil have not had enough time yet.
    It is not abnormal to have cutthroat party politics, and splitting off is just childish and bad character. As far as I see, despite the internal debacle, FPM is still fighting for the right causes and still has a chance to be relevant and influential... Undermining it now it strategically stupid, unless you have bad intentions #3afashnek_ka_zouzou

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I voted no. JL has been at this for a while, so sorry bro but I don't trust your motives :) the question is unfirtunately very valid though, and I say no because it takes time to get traction, and FPM/Bassil have not had enough time yet.
    It is not abnormal to have cutthroat party politics, and splitting off is just childish and bad character. As far as I see, despite the internal debacle, FPM is still fighting for the right causes and still has a chance to be relevant and influential... Undermining it now it strategically stupid, unless you have bad intentions #3afashnek_ka_zouzou
    Yekhrebzoo2ak sho zaki :) enno I have bad intentions because I posted a "valid" question? :)

Starting another party is not childish. It is a valid option that should be considered

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yekhrebzoo2ak sho zaki :) enno I have bad intentions because I posted a "valid" question? :)

Starting another party is not childish. It is a valid option that should be considered
    Yikhribzou2ak shou fi msalleh ta7t Batak... U were asking for a new party a very very long time ago, and it wasn't warranted then... It is a bit more now, hence my answer and engagement in your thread... Bass Khalas Mazelak you are trying to be a smart ass, I'll disengage! No worries

J_Raad1450

J_Raad1450

Yikhribzou2ak shou fi msalleh ta7t Batak... U were asking for a new party a very very long time ago, and it wasn't warranted then... It is a bit more now, hence my answer and engagement in your thread... Bass Khalas Mazelak you are trying to be a smart ass, I'll disengage! No worries
    Your post gives JL more credibility for his call of a new party.

Excuse me JL if I am speaking on your behalf.

JL believes the christian street can be represented better somewhere else rather with Tayyar and Bassil :).
    JL is surely not referring to el marada. Just for disclosure purposes :)

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Given Bassil's non-democratic appointment and his actions to shore up his reign as a King-for-life for the FPM of tomorrow after Aoun retires, and given the dissatisfaction regarding the manipulation of the internal elections and his controlling all posts within FPM, and given that Aoun has not stepped in to curb Bassil's practices but has rather enabled him further, given all of that and more... Has the idea of working from within to reform FPM become futile and a waste of time? Is it time to cut your losses and launch a new democratic modern party and use your efforts there instead of wasting it on the hope that you can reform FPM from within?

Please vote yes/no and add some comments to explain your views.
    I am a strong believer that the future of FPM with Bassil is bleak.
    I agree on all what you said regarding the appointment and the mishandling of internal elections.
    For me enough is enough.
    @Amirkani claims that the rules set by Bassil today might not work for him in the next elections.
    This might be true. However the problems are not the rules, but the person and the trust.
    Personally I don't trust Bassil anymore and I don't see why he won't change those rules in the future in a way that work for him again. If no one was able to stop him now, how anyone is able to stop him then.

I said it in august (after the appointment), Bassil is coming for life and FPM is no more what we hoped it will be.
    Based on this, I don't see any problem for the true believers in transparency and democracy to create a new movement. BUT ( a big BUT) reforms, democracy, transparency MUST (I insist) start right away from the start and not sometime in the future.

However in Lebanon they have the syndrome of the "Kersi" no one will ever want to relinquish his grips on it...for this reason I am not optimistic...

Amirkani

Amirkani

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Your post gives JL more credibility for his call of a new party.

Excuse me JL if I am speaking on your behalf.

JL believes the christian street can be represented better somewhere else rather with Tayyar and Bassil :).
    JL is surely not referring to el marada. Just for disclosure purposes :)
    Halla2 Joseph, Leb w noss and you (you of all people) are deciding on behalf of FPMers whether they will have a new party?

This can make it to the funniest thread of the year... without doubt. LOL

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Halla2 Joseph, Leb w noss and you (you of all people) are deciding on behalf of FPMers whether they will have a new party?

Have some faith ya Amirkani :) the year is still young and god willing i'll still be around :)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I am a strong believer that the future of FPM with Bassil is bleak.
    I agree on all what you said regarding the appointment and the mishandling of internal elections.
    For me enough is enough.
    @Amirkani claims that the rules set by Bassil today might not work for him in the next elections.
    This might be true. However the problems are not the rules, but the person and the trust.
    Personally I don't trust Bassil anymore and I don't see why he won't change those rules in the future in a way that work for him again. If no one was able to stop him now, how anyone is able to stop him then.

I said it in august (after the appointment), Bassil is coming for life and FPM is no more what we hoped it will be.
    Based on this, I don't see any problem for the true believers in transparency and democracy to create a new movement. BUT ( a big BUT) reforms, democracy, transparency MUST (I insist) start right away from the start and not sometime in the future.

However in Lebanon they have the syndrome of the "Kersi" no one will ever want to relinquish his grips on it...for this reason I am not optimistic...
    I am sure that if a new party is created it will have at least more "transparency and democracy" than the current 7araka baqshbassileyya :)

J_Raad1450

J_Raad1450

True. For years on this forum I never participated in any sort for internal FPM debate/election. For two reasons;
    1) I am not FPMer
    2)' political parties' is not my cup of tea.
    Truth to be told.
    I repeat. Having experienced the kataeb-LF era of wars with the Christians in the north, I always looked up for FPM as a beacon of hope in the Christian community. This is the truth. However,
    My experience with FPMers on this forum is quite terrible. FPMers are worst than many other political partisians. I simply vote for Franjieh and I may have some sort of personal connection to the guy. Suddenly, I am an enemy and devil himself.
    Of course, I am not using the same brush on every FPMer but FPMer on this forum are a terrible sample (good sample).

Having said so, I will take every opportunity to pick on FPM as I see FPM as a cheap replicate of kataeb-LF.

Sleiman le petit. Sonia Franjieh. Feudalism... And so on.

Hanna le grand.

J_Raad1450

J_Raad1450

I am sure that if a new party is created it will have at least more "transparency and democracy" than the current 7araka baqshbassileyya :)
    Just tell them what in your heart and mind. Open invitation to join LF. ha keep stabbing in the back and they are not waking up!

leb-wi-noss

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member

Since you all can't take decisions and you just obey orders ghasban 3ankon :)

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Given Bassil's non-democratic appointment and his actions to shore up his reign as a King-for-life for the FPM of tomorrow after Aoun retires, and given the dissatisfaction regarding the manipulation of the internal elections and his controlling all posts within FPM, and given that Aoun has not stepped in to curb Bassil's practices but has rather enabled him further, given all of that and more... Has the idea of working from within to reform FPM become futile and a waste of time? Is it time to cut your losses and launch a new democratic modern party and use your efforts there instead of wasting it on the hope that you can reform FPM from within?

Please vote yes/no and add some comments to explain your views.
    Would that proposed party have any purpose other than showing its dislike of GB? If it has a new vision to save Lebanon let them call me, I can provide them with one once a day. If the Christian street needs an additional party to add to its political mosaic so that an additional nouveau riche can hold a party president title, dine and wine in social circles and offer us a daily dose of absolutely forgettable speeches, by all means, la2ouna 3asse7a.

in the unlikely possibility that there is a genuine need for a genuine party to carry on the torch, the answer is then NO. We are sick and tired of genuine movements.

Amirkani

Amirkani

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Have some faith ya Amirkani :) the year is still young and god willing i'll still be around :)
    I have faith... in your entertainment skills. But the other two khalsin la Allah and they're not helping you win the award :)

Teach them :)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Would that proposed party have any purpose other than showing its dislike of GB? If it has a new vision to save Lebanon let them call me, I can provide them with one once a day. If the Christian street needs an additional party to add to its political mosaic so that an additional nouveau riche can hold a party president title, dine and wine in social circles and offer us a daily dose of absolutely forgettable speeches, by all means, la2ouna 3asse7a.

in the unlikely possibility that there is a genuine need for a genuine party to carry on the torch, the answer is then NO. We are sick and tired of genuine movements.
    Evolution is iterative. If the Lebanese keep trying to have real modern parties over a century perhaps they will get lucky once and create one.

In this day and age all they need is a Facebook page WhatsApp and a Twitter account and they already have a movement :) if they want they can even adopt the Fuchsia color I doubt it is taken :)