Should Bassil's opposition in FPM launch a new democratic modern party?

Should Bassil's opposition in FPM launch a new democratic modern party?

• Yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Evolution is iterative. If the Lebanese keep trying to have real modern parties over a century perhaps they will get lucky once and create one.

In this day and age all they need is a Facebook page WhatsApp and a Twitter account and they already have a movement :) if they want they can even adopt the Fuchsia color I doubt it is taken :)
in 2005 in one of my postings I said they are like a bunch of lunatics trapped in an asylum with no exits. In 2006 I had to change my mind and liken them to people trapped on a sinking ship fighting endlessly over who is gonna occupy the upper decks. In 2016 They are like people who just finished watching Silence of the Lambs movie and yet they remain glued to their seats long after the show is finished.

• Advertisement
  • J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    in 2005 in one of my postings I said they are like a bunch of lunatics trapped in an asylum with no exits. In 2006 I had to change my mind and liken them to people trapped on a sinking ship fighting endlessly over who is gonna occupy the upper decks. In 2016 They are like people who just finished watching Silence of the Lambs movie and yet they remain glued to their seats long after the show is finished.
    At least it is a good movie :)

Amirkani

Amirkani

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Evolution is iterative. If the Lebanese keep trying to have real modern parties over a century perhaps they will get lucky once and create one.

In this day and age all they need is a Facebook page WhatsApp and a Twitter account and they already have a movement :) if they want they can even adopt the Fuchsia color I doubt it is taken :)
    You have it all figured out. And you have the two skills it requires :)

You even have the color picked. The slogan is on me :)

Start one. Do it. Just do it.

LOL

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    You have it all figured out. And you have the two skills it requires :)

You even have the color picked. The slogan is on me :)

Start one. Do it. Just do it.

LOL
    I'm #bassililal3adem I can't do such a thing :)

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Every party has its ups and downs. Bassil's appointment is certainly one of the lowest points. Internal opposition to him is natural and should be welcome if the party is to remain vibrant and relevant. I believe the party will evolve and improve. Splintering and creating new parties not only hurts FPM, but also exacerbates the already splintered Christians. Ma sada2na when the FPMers and LFers started acting with maturity again. Let's not go down this road again.

Chanklish

Chanklish

tayyar turned out to be another feudal system sugarcoated with the rights of the people which none was ever done :)
    **** them naggers

Hameed

Hameed

He's gonna finally talk! :) that deserves its own thread!
    For a long time I heard positive things about a man that has never said a word in publkc or taken a public stance on issues. I will watch it :)
    You have high hope for military people in the political world, this is just to poke you for some sip of reality

leb-wi-noss

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
    Not sure why some are offended with the idea of a new party. Badkon teklo 3enab or te2tlo el Natour?
    It's not a secret anymore that Aoun failed big time in bringing up a modern party to the Lebanese scene and got lost in the dirty Lebanese back alleys and was controlled by the daughters and son-in-laws and their thirst of power and money. And since you all are saying that Aoun/Bassil tayyar is still the best chance for modern Lebanon, why you are opposing the idea of a new party made up of the opposition of the bad guy (as 90% of FPMers call him)? Don't you think it will be better than the best available?

Amirkani

Amirkani

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm #bassililal3adem I can't do such a thing :)
    So are the rest of FPMers. They can't do such a thing either :)

Teach them. Show them the way. Lead by example.

I told you the slogans are on me. LOL

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not sure why some are offended with the idea of a new party. Badkon teklo 3enab or te2tlo el Natour?
    It's not a secret anymore that Aoun failed big time in bringing up a modern party to the Lebanese scene and got lost in the dirty Lebanese back alleys and was controlled by the daughters and son-in-laws and their thirst of power and money. And since you all are saying that Aoun/Bassil tayyar is still the best chance for modern Lebanon, why you are opposing the idea of a new party made up of the opposition of the bad guy (as 90% of FPMers call him)? Don't you think it will be better than the best available?
    This won't happen before GMA is gone (allah ytawel b 3omro)
    despite the criticism the man still has respect deep inside every FPMer...
    But once he is no more here, walla walla la y sir fi shi 100 FPM :)

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    So little faith in FPMers...

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So little faith in FPMers...
    Do you think Bassilo is able to gather Fpmers around him ???
    I doubt it...
    So there will be 7araka Tas7i7iat, and later Tas7i7iat 3al Tas7i7iat, w hakaza dawaleyk :D

Dakhlak Abou Jamra shou samma el 7arakeh tab3oulo ??? LOOOOOL

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    Do you think Bassilo is able to gather Fpmers around him ???
    I doubt it...
    So there will be 7araka Tas7i7iat, and later Tas7i7iat 3al Tas7i7iat, w hakaza dawaleyk :D
    I said it before, the real test of FPM is whether FPMers, the base NOT the leadership, are able to instigate change from within without resorting to self destructive childish behavior. There are plenty of FPMers I know that fit this category, some in leadership positions. I am not giving them 99% chance of survival I just think it is more like 50-50. A lot hinges on how the base and the leadership behaves. What is a constant though is that everyone, ally and foe alike, will be trumpeting and drumming the FPM imploded song. A lot of pressure will be put on the party and it will be the most real test it will go through.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I said it before, the real test of FPM is whether FPMers, the base NOT the leadership, are able to instigate change from within without resorting to self destructive childish behavior. There are plenty of FPMers I know that fit this category, some in leadership positions. I am not giving them 99% chance of survival I just think it is more like 50-50. A lot hinges on how the base and the leadership behaves. What is a constant though is that everyone, ally and foe alike, will be trumpeting and drumming the FPM imploded song. A lot of pressure will be put on the party and it will be the most real test it will go through.

Think about it for a second.
    After GMA, there is Bassil whom many consider him appointed and not elected, on the other hand you will have Naiim Aoun who went public in voicing is discontent of what happened. You might also have Shamel Roukoz whose service in the LA put him in a position to attract people more than Bassil...
    And of course you might have others....
    What keep this dudes from jumping on each other necks is the presence of GMA...

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    Think about it for a second.
    After GMA, there is Bassil whom many consider him appointed and not elected, on the other hand you will have Naiim Aoun who went public in voicing is discontent of what happened. You might also have Shamel Roukoz whose service in the LA put him in a position to attract people more than Bassil...
    And of course you might have others....
    What keep this dudes from jumping on each other necks is the presence of GMA...
    Oh they will for sure jump at each others' necks, in fact many more people will join the fray. I view the fact that this will happen as perfectly very normal. In fact, look at Les Republicains in your own backyard or at the Democrats in mine. There is an internal fight for power but it is not resulting in a split because the core issues are all agreed upon and the due process is respected no matter what. Now if you look at the Republicans in the US, they are now veering toward self destruction but that is another story altogether. Fa7wa el 7adith, Naim Bassil Shamel and others have to agree to play within a constructive non-personal framework and fully respect the results. If and only if they are able to do that will the party survive and even thrive, but the base too has a very big role if not the biggest in keeping them honest.

leb-wi-noss

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
    What this respect is based on? The problems within his movement started years ago and it didn't start with the selection of Bassil. Many long time activists left him because of his special treatment to Bassil. He sidelined many and made him his right hand in every major file. He allowed him to assign ministerial seats to his rich SSNP friends on the expense of talented long time activists.
    He never cared to the voices that warned him about where the tayyar is going and kicked them out for objecting the Bassil taking over.

Aounis look at Aoun as their god and don't dare to even think that he is doing anything wrong. And if they do, they follow it right away but we do respect him a lot. Not sure where are you finding respect with this amount of mistakes and disrespect to the base that made him their god.

leb-wi-noss

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
    Oh they will for sure jump at each others' necks, in fact many more people will join the fray. I view the fact that this will happen as perfectly very normal. In fact, look at Les Republicains in your own backyard or at the Democrats in mine. There is an internal fight for power but it is not resulting in a split because the core issues are all agreed upon and the due process is respected no matter what. Now if you look at the Republicans in the US, they are now veering toward self destruction but that is another story altogether. Fa7wa el 7adith, Naim Bassil Shamel and others have to agree to play within a constructive non-personal framework and fully respect the results. If and only if they are able to do that will the party survive and even thrive, but the base too has a very big role if not the biggest in keeping them honest.
    Min 2ariya lal base? Aoun or Bassil?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Les républicains made elections (a democratic one, otherwise many will be happy to file lawsuit against Sarko). The democrats are playing it also democratically asking their base to choose.
    This never happened in FPM, for many Bassil is only an appointed president and not an elected one.
    As for Bassil, what he showed us so far, is going to make whatever he can to keep his post, including cancelling any elections in which he is not 1000% sure he will win...
    This is the difference.
    You have on one side a democratic process (Democrats, Républicains) on the other side you have the opposite.

PS. our only hope is with the organization founded by Mireille, Claudine, & Chantale to teach us democracy, hopefully it can salvage the situation. But I guess the first students MUST be Gebran, Alain, Naiim, Shamel.... :D :D

Last edited:
    JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What this respect is based on? The problems within his movement started years ago and it didn't start with the selection of Bassil. Many long time activists left him because of his special treatment to Bassil. He sidelined many and made him his right hand in every major file. He allowed him to assign ministerial seats to his rich SSNP friends on the expense of talented long time activists.
    He never cared to the voices that warned him about where the tayyar is going and kicked them out for objecting the Bassil taking over.

Aounis look at Aoun as their god and don't dare to even think that he is doing anything wrong. And if they do, they follow it right away but we do respect him a lot. Not sure where are you finding respect with this amount of mistakes and disrespect to the base that made him their god.
    This is because you were never part of this "Aounist" situation that started in 1988...
    It is hard for you to understand, and harder for me to explain...