Should Bassil's opposition in FPM launch a new democratic modern party?

Should Bassil's opposition in FPM launch a new democratic modern party?

• Yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
Amirkani

Amirkani

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What this respect is based on? The problems within his movement started years ago and it didn't start with the selection of Bassil. Many long time activists left him because of his special treatment to Bassil. He sidelined many and made him his right hand in every major file. He allowed him to assign ministerial seats to his rich SSNP friends on the expense of talented long time activists.
He never cared to the voices that warned him about where the tayyar is going and kicked them out for objecting the Bassil taking over.

Aounis look at Aoun as their god and don't dare to even think that he is doing anything wrong. And if they do, they follow it right away but we do respect him a lot. Not sure where are you finding respect with this amount of mistakes and disrespect to the base that made him their god.
Listen to the purist guys. He will tell you who and when you can respect. LOL

• Advertisement
  • CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    Les républicains made elections (a democratic one, otherwise many will be happy to file lawsuit against Sarko). The democrats are playing it also democratically asking their base to choose.
    This never happened in FPM, for many Bassil is only an appointed president and not an elected one.
    As for Bassil, what he showed us so far, is going to make whatever he can to keep his post, including cancelling any elections in which he is not 1000% sure he will win...
    This is the difference.
    You have on one side a democratic process (Democrats, Républicains) on the other side you have the opposite.
    I can tell you that the democratic process in the US is not perfect either, look up super delegates, brokered convention, 1964 election controversy and so many other examples. For God's sake in 2000 the legitimate winner of the presidential elections lost because of supreme court justices. The difference is that there is a mature behavior and a respect for the process as unfair as it may be. If Gore was Lebanese he would have stirred up a civil war, and Nixon in 1964 would have burnt the country to the ground.
    Taking Naim Aoun's reaction, and mind you I strongly prefer him to Bassil to the point you'd think the latter is part of another party, he was mostly childish and immature. IMHO the irregularities he was referring to are not worth this reaction.
    Going back to Bassil's "appointment", i am sorry but if I was a member of the opposition I would have run against him. Instead, dissenters at the top found it better to quit the party. Why? OK Alain did not run, put your Goddam name on the ballot and show the magnitude of the protest. That would have forced the democratic process but instead people decided to behave a La Libanaise, split and deal with mud slinging. This is what I mean when I refer to the base.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I can tell you that the democratic process in the US is not perfect either, look up super delegates, brokered convention, 1964 election controversy and so many other examples. For God's sake in 2000 the legitimate winner of the presidential elections lost because of supreme court justices. The difference is that there is a mature behavior and a respect for the process as unfair as it may be. If Gore was Lebanese he would have stirred up a civil war, and Nixon in 1964 would have burnt the country to the ground.
    Taking Naim Aoun's reaction, and mind you I strongly prefer him to Bassil to the point you'd think the latter is part of another party, he was mostly childish and immature. IMHO the irregularities he was referring to are not worth this reaction.
    Going back to Bassil's "appointment", i am sorry but if I was a member of the opposition I would have run against him. Instead, dissenters at the top found it better to quit the party. Why? OK Alain did not run, put your Goddam name on the ballot and show the magnitude of the protest. That would have forced the democratic process but instead people decided to behave a La Libanaise, split and deal with mud slinging. This is what I mean when I refer to the base.
    This was settled from the 1st second. Alain Aoun is a fkn *****...

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    This was settled from the 1st second. Alain Aoun is a fkn *****...
    All of the opposition not just Alain. I have tremendous respect for the guy who tried to put his name on the ballot, and very little for those who chose to quit.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    This thread made me think that @joseph_lubnan is probably the only hardcore FPMer and anti 3awnism in this forum or maybe in the universe :p

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    This thread made me think that @joseph_lubnan is probably the only hardcore FPMer and anti 3awnism in this forum or maybe in the universe :p
    Lol what this thread shows is that FPMers don't give a shit about anything anymore...

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    And in conclusion you no seem to deserve no better than Imperator Gaius Bassilius Oranjus :)

J_Raad1450

J_Raad1450

Why is the president Gebran hiding information from aoun?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Lol what this thread shows is that FPMers don't give a shit about anything anymore...
    Actually they still care very much about seeing Aoun on the chair of Baabda!
    This is simply their ultimate dream for some widely weird reason..
    they just love to see when Aoun is smiling hysterically of happiness on the chair of baabda and when he arrest some kids for insulting him on the social networks or when he makes a fool of himself as usual :p

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Actually they still care very much about seeing Aoun on the chair of Baabda!
    This is simply their ultimate dream for some widely weird reason..
    they just love to see when Aoun is smiling hysterically of happiness on the chair of baabda and when he arrest some kids for insulting him on the social networks or when he makes a fool of himself as usual :p
    They care about their tribal leaders...

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Come on people vote!! You must have an opinion on this one way or the other and the question is straightforward. It cannot be that only 22 people have an opinion here? :) I even made the damn voting secret so you won't be embarrassed to express your vote one way or the other!! :)

Just vote!

leb-wi-noss

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
    To those who make fun of Fringier and Hariri when they public speak. LOL

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    The president of the largest Christian party :)
    The Maronites of Lebanon are in their dark age. They have become populist fearful tribes, that rally around the lowest common denominator of Iranian wissaye clientelism that is nursing a new bankrupt class of oligarchy and neo-feudals! Long live the Imperator :)

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Lol at lovers of theives monologue in this thread. And, yeah khara follower too as Franjieh turned to be akhra Christian for Hariri to nominate him

leb-wi-noss

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
    Lol at lovers of theives monologue in this thread. And, yeah khara follower too as Franjieh turned to be akhra Christian for Hariri to nominate him
    What is the criteria for khara and akhra? You mean if Hariri votes for Aoun he votes for khara and if he votes for Franjieh he votes for akhra? :)