Software Updates

Orion

Orion

Let's use this thread to post latest software updates and discussions.

• Advertisement
  • thugilex

thugilex

Google Chrome 2.0 released

Google Chrome 2.0.172.30 has been released to the Beta channel. The changes in this release since 172.27 are

* Complete translations in all languages
    * An experimental change in the V8 JavaScript engine that might improve page load times for pages with a lot of JavaScript.
    * A fix for a crash when using the French spell check dictionary (Issue 8551)
    * A fix for a crash when visiting a site with more than 50 feed links (Issue 12075)

Download: Google Chrome 2.0.172.30

D

Darko

uniting for something other then politics

ok, guys, i know this isnt about politics but its urgent, and am pretty sure that posting it in the technology section wont get it much "read", so here's the deal:
    firefox 3.5 has just been released and mozilla has sat up a worldwide real time downloads tracker and the tracker has hit the 1 million mark immediatly. unfortuantly, lebanon aint doin that good, even kenya has passed us. we're currently at 278 downloads. So everybody start downloading:

download link: Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client
    tracker: Worldwide Real-Time Firefox Downloads

regards

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    For those who have add ons, DO NOT donwload it, half of my add ons don't work anymore. Wait until they update the add ons.
    Anyway there is not much you get from this new firefox except that videos are native to FF that's all

Osiris

Osiris

Mozilla today announced the official release of its open-source browser Firefox 3.5, featuring faster JavaScript performance speeds (reportedly twice as fast as Firefox 3), support for the new HTML5 video playback (which lets you watch select videos without plugins), and a new private browsing mode.

Specifically, the company now boasts the following improvements, as mentioned in this press release:

Speed. There’s a new JavaScript engine. It’s called TraceMonkey. Cute name, and an important step forward, but the main payoff here is increased browsing speed. Mozilla says that Firefox 3.5 is more than twice as fast as Firefox 3.

Better Video Up until now, your browser couldn’t play video on its own. That’s why you always needed a Flash plugin or soemthing. The new Firefox plays video within the browser itself–which means Web producers can do more with the video, such as include links within the video itself, manipulate the image while you’re viewing it, or have it react to incoming data.

Privacy Controls.
    Like Safari and IE8, Firefox 3.5 now has a private-browsing mode that keeps no trace of sites you visit while it’s enabled. Mozilla’s taken it a step further, though, with its new Forget This Site feature. With that, you can click a button and everything from that site–cookies, page history, cached pages, passwords–gets cast to the four winds.

Location Aware Browsing. What has made many mobile apps so compelling is their ability to marry your geographic information with the rest of the Internet. Firefox 3.5 does a similar thing on your computer at home (or when you’re on the road). Web sites can determine your location and then, like a smartphone, serve up relevant info about where you are.

Click here to download Firefox 3.5, here to track the number of current downloads, and here to take a tour of its new features.

Source

Firefox 3.5 top 10 Features

Shev

Shev

A new update for the browser "Opera" is available now. (Opera 10). it is totally worth it to update it. I did notice that the browser is much faster overall (launching the software and the normal processes). The new look is not bad too. (on their website, they claim that it's safer than ever (but how would I know, I use mac HAAHAHAHAHAHA :devil2:))

for more information: http://www.opera.com/browser/

download the new version: Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free

Mar1K

Mar1K

A new update for the browser "Opera" is available now. (Opera 10). it is totally worth it to update it. I did notice that the browser is much faster overall (launching the software and the normal processes). The new look is not bad too. (on their website, they claim that it's safer than ever (but how would I know, I use mac HAAHAHAHAHAHA :devil2:))
    start by publishing your IP address hahaha (kidding, don't do that)

Boris®

Boris®

My Firefox 3.5.2 is crashing very often especially on Vista, is there anyone else having hardtime with this version ? :surrender:

H

Holaco

My Firefox 3.5.2 is crashing very often especially on Vista, is there anyone else having hardtime with this version ? :surrender:
    I'm having no problem with FF 3.5.2, though I have XP SP3 not vista

Maybe one of the add-ons that you have is making it crash

Boris®

Boris®

I'm having no problem with FF 3.5.2, though I have XP SP3 not vista

Maybe one of the add-ons that you have is making it crash
    dont think so, cuz at work I have same add-ons but running on XP, it works fine.

Kingroudy

Kingroudy

Google Wave

Surprisingly i found out that there is no google wave thread in this forum.. so i decided to open one.
    What is a wave?

A wave is equal parts conversation and document. People can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.

A wave is shared. Any participant can reply anywhere in the message, edit the content and add participants at any point in the process. Then playback lets anyone rewind the wave to see who said what and when.

A wave is live. With live transmission as you type, participants on a wave can have faster conversations, see edits and interact with extensions in real-time.

if you want to know more, follow this link

Bottom Line, i will give away 3 Google Wave Nominations (very few weeks ago a single nomination would have cost you 100$ on ebay to get it)
    who's interested? please write below and PM me your email.

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    Surprisingly i found out that there is no google wave thread in this forum.. so i decided to open one.
    What is a wave?

A wave is equal parts conversation and document. People can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.

A wave is shared. Any participant can reply anywhere in the message, edit the content and add participants at any point in the process. Then playback lets anyone rewind the wave to see who said what and when.

A wave is live. With live transmission as you type, participants on a wave can have faster conversations, see edits and interact with extensions in real-time.

Bottom Line, i will give away 3 Google Wave Nominations (very few weeks ago a single nomination would have cost you 100$ on ebay to get it)
    Im interested Roudy.

Shev

Shev

I already have one. pretty amazing.

a 7 min video:

[VBTUBE]3ykZYKCK7AM[/VBTUBE]

1n 80 minute video :tongue:

[VBTUBE]v_UyVmITiYQ[/VBTUBE]

just an honest question, why don't you sell them on ebay? :biggrin:

orange infection

orange infection

what's a google wave nomination ????
    ps: i didn't watch any video , i just want an idea

NMA

NMA

What is a wave?

moi moi moi ! I want to ride the wave :)

a59

a59

LastPass addon for Firefox.

My little review on lastpass is it's probably the best firefox/ie addon ever been made, lastpass basically stores all your logins online in one place instead of your PC, that way you are fully protected from pass stealers and having your passwords compromised, with lastpass you can login from any other pc with the addon on and you won't have to type any password again, all you need is to enter One master-pass and it will give you access to all of your other passwords instantly.

Product review on firefox page:
    LastPass is a free online password manager and Form Filler that makes your web browsing easier and more secure. LastPass supports IE and Firefox as Plugins (Opera, Safari, Chrome, iPhone, Opera Mini via Bookmarklets), allows you to import from every major password storage vendor and export too, captures passwords that other managers won't including many AJAX forms, and allows you to make strong passwords easily. Your sensitive data is encrypted _locally_ before upload so even LastPass cannot get access to it. One Time Passwords & Screen Keyboard help protect your master password.

You can download it from Here