Software Updates

a59

a59

Opera 10.60 Web Browser Released

Today you can experience being the first on the Web in features, speed and innovation. Opera Software releases the final version of the 10.60 browser with several new features, more user security and enhanced stability and is now up to 50 percent faster than the previous version. With more than 120 million active users surfing the Web on various Opera-powered devices, Opera seeks to provide the latest innovations to all web users. In Opera 10.60, the up and coming technologies forming the Web of tomorrow are already available.

[VBTUBE]ocRE9aarplI[/VBTUBE]

With the final version of Opera 10.60, the browser scores more than 50 percent faster than its predecessor - which was the fastest browser on Earth - in key benchmark tests. This translates into a faster browsing experience for users on modern JavaScript-heavy sites such as Gmail and Facebook. Combined with its unique Opera Turbo functionality, Opera puts you one step ahead on the Web. Opera Turbo compresses the data going over your connection up to a factor of two or more, for those congested connections at cafés or a mobile connection at the summerhouse.

• Advertisement
  • a59

a59

In a few hours from now, Microsoft will officially unveil Internet Explorer 9 Beta to the world. Folks at Fast Company have already got their hands on Microsoft’s latest attempt to reinvent the browser. If the screenshots posted below are anything to go by, boy or boy this looks awesome!

With Internet Explorer 9, Windows 7 users will be able to pin web apps on the Windows 7 taskbar. Just like what we are used to seeing on iPhone’s homescreen, developers can now develop specialized version of the site which will act as a web app, with a high quality icon that can be pinned to Windows 7 taskbar. You can customize the web app to include “Tasks” using Windows 7’s JumpList feature. Browser’s forward and back button can also be customized with different colors to match the theme of your app!

What are apps, other than tiny colorful icons that provide rich, interactive experiences on mobile devices? Think about your iPhone’s New York Times or Facebook app. They don’t feel like an installed program–they’re much less clunky–nor a website, which is anything but native. Apps are some lighter in-between. Now Microsoft is trying to bring that same concept to Windows 7.

The all new Internet Explorer 9 also adds full support for HTML5 standard. It takes the
    experience to a whole new level with all the graphics rendering taking place on the GPU level for HTML5 via the Microsoft DirectX technology. IE 9 has been re-written from the ground up and it takes advantage of the GPU power for all page rendering, and further enables web developers to exploit this power in ways they already understand (CSS, DHTML, JavaScript).

Microsoft will release Internet Explorer 9 Beta later today with a host of launch partners with IE9-Ready apps like: CNN, IMDB, eBay, Hulu, ZDNet and Amazon. We will have the download links up as soon as they go live! Stay tuned!

get from here

Download languages for Internet Explorer 9 Beta

ostwind

ostwind

Unity Game Development Tool

Unity 3 is a game development tool that has been designed to let you focus on creating amazing games.
    I was just wondering if you guys have seen it! It uses javascript but unique for unity. It is really fun and easy to use. And best of all it has an indie pack which is for free. For all dev-lovers I really recommend getting and learning it. Check their official website here

In my free time I am working on creating some mini-games if you would like to check em out here

I have also put some tutorials if you want to check em out here (Check end of page for unity)

Orange Patriot

Orange Patriot

wow thanks ostwind.

i've been curious about unity for a while now. always suspicious because its free though.

i dont have any dev experience but i have dabbled a little in valves source.

theres an excellent site by the makers of the noesis instructional videos called design 3

they have yearly subscriptions for example where you can have unlimited acces to tutorials there.

are you familiar with valve's source?

ostwind

ostwind

wow thanks ostwind.

i've been curious about unity for a while now. always suspicious because its free though.

i dont have any dev experience but i have dabbled a little in valves source.

theres an excellent site by the makers of the noesis instructional videos called design 3
    There are many free tutorials and youtube links (I can even link them for you if you want) like tornado twins and etc...
    are you familiar with valve's source?
    Hmm nope not really I haven't worked with engines until i found unity and it really helped me a lot.

†.)

†.)

WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER 2011.... any link to download the file ?
    it seems i can't download it..maybe because of the windows number or other problems..can it be downloaded from other place then the messenger site

thnk u

Shev

Shev

this is not an update (but the price went down from $99 to nada :biggrin:). it might be a nice thing to try.

Chrometa Time-Tracking Software Now Free, Previously $99

Windows only: Chrometa, a time tracking software intended for students and professionals wanting to know where every last minute ran off to, can now be had for free in its desktop version. It's worth checking out, especially for hourly billing.

Chrometa previously offered free licenses to students and a select few others, depending on how many they'd sold, and they're now rolling out a webapp-based platform with a monthly pricing scheme. In the meantime, they've let Lifehacker know that anyone heading to the Pricing link below and entering their information can get a license for their desktop-only software, previously $99, for free.

Chrometa is a free download for Windows systems. The one bummer is that it requires a Java runtime to use, but if that's not too far to reach, it's a comprehensive time tracking tool, for free.

Chrometa licensing

to watch quick video about it, Introduction to Chrometa on Vimeo

LebReporter

LebReporter

Gnome 3 is released and i guess now most bugs were fixed.

so GNOME i did install it on my ubuntu and i do like it more then new unity thing.

Reactions: Jo
    LebReporter

LebReporter

well ubuntu 11.04 was released few weeks back no idea if there is another thread for OS.

Shev

Shev

In Windows 8 which is going to be released some time later, you'll have the new tab page/homepage in a browser presented as the following example:

you can try this feature out by reading the instructions and downloading the zipped file from Eight Is a Stylish, Windows 8-Inspired Start Page for Your Browser.

Nevertheless, if you have 30 minutes on your hands and you'd like to play with it a bit, you might end up with something like this:

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    In Windows 8 which is going to be released some time later, you'll have the new tab page/homepage in a browser presented as the following example:

you can try this feature out by reading the instructions and downloading the zipped file from Eight Is a Stylish, Windows 8-Inspired Start Page for Your Browser.

Nevertheless, if you have 30 minutes on your hands and you'd like to play with it a bit, you might end up with something like this:

iOs started the app style layout, now you have apps on the chrome browser and they look just like iOS, then Mac has apps now in Lion, now windows with this set up it looks like it is doing an app style page to get to the websites.

Shev

Shev

both opera and safari (mac versions for both at least) have had this kind of layout for almost a year; nevertheless, it's not as colourful and stylish as the above layout.

BUT the thing is in Windows 8, there wouldn't be icons on the desktop, just a layout like the one above. Don't about everyone, but I think this would be a bit too much. here's a demo:

[VBTUBE]wo4anqp39z4[/VBTUBE]

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    both opera and safari (mac versions for both at least) have had this kind of layout for almost a year; nevertheless, it's not as colourful and stylish as the above layout.

BUT in Windows 8, there wouldn't be icons on the desktop, just a layout like the one above. Don't about everyone, but I think this would be a bit too much. here's a demo:

[VBTUBE]wo4anqp39z4[/VBTUBE]
    It is designed for touch screens but if it takes 3 minutes to boot as usual people will hate the pads that uses win 8

LebReporter

LebReporter

Firefox 5 is released and much more stable then firefox 4, also firefox has now a mobile browser friendly, didnt try this one yet.

LebReporter

LebReporter

Firefox v 6 beta 3 is released

and there is new project by adobe a combination between html5 / css3 /js

which should replace flash.

i saw a demo today fantastic

LebReporter

LebReporter

Ubuntu 11.10 is released, i am still testing it, for sure it fixes the crappy design of 11.04.

a59

a59

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

f.lux

F.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.

f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you're in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.

Tell f.lux what kind of lighting you have, and where you live. Then forget about it. F.lux will do the rest, automatically.

You can Get it from here

Personally i love it, i'm usually annoyed by the screen brightness when the room is dark, F.lux fixes this, it's self adjusted to your room ambiance.
    Ps, it's also available for Smart phones as well!