Striped Hyenas

• Thread starter ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ
  • Start date
ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
I'm getting fed up of how some Lebanese kill them and do the whole "David and Goliath" act every now. Most Lebanese don't even know they are the National Animal of Lebanon. Making it an actual crime to kill them would really help in raising awareness.

A Turkish Kangal /Anatollian Shepherd Dog has a bite of 740PSI and a huge body while the Hyena is at 1000PSI with a relatively medium-size body, so not that big of a difference if you're attacked by one of them. It's possible to really tame them via a couple of generations and a good trainer (might also help if they're raised with dogs). They're not like wolves or lions as they don't have neck-grabbing reflexes and they do get social and pleasant like dogs wanting to be petted. You can also surgically remove their anal paste glands and so remove their unpleasant smell. And do neutering, etc.

• Advertisement
  • ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Also, last month alone around 5 were killed in Palestine by ****ing inbreds there. Smh. Video of one that got saved but story is mentioned.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Also, last month alone around 5 were killed in Palestine by ****ing inbreds there. Smh. Video of one that got saved but story is mentioned.

I like this guy, he saves a lot of animals

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    I like this guy, he saves a lot of animals
    He also does refute common Islamic-cultural myths. Like he even did experiments on pork to show that worms don't come out of it if you put Pepsi on it. :D But his fanbase is deluded so he was very polite and said there could be microscopic worms. :D

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    When I was a kid I met a guy at my mom's village who had some striped hyenas in cages and he showed me where one of them bit him on his foot which was pretty scary to a 7 year old, ever since I had an irrational fear that hyenas would come at me at night... I think it's the name that mostly strikes fear in people, hada bi ellak dabe3? But yeah I agree they're hunted to an excess mostly because they have a bad reputation among people, but I am kinda shocked to learn they're our national animal! I knew they were endangered in Lebanon, had no idea they were like the cedars (being our national tree and all)

their howling is truly terrifying though

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Most Striped Hyenas are easily spooked and just look curious and timid. I've only see one alpha female try to attack a car as it was spooked by the headlights and looking distressed. They tend to purr like cats and also puff their manes like cats if cornered or spooked. Very cute creatures to raise.

I

illusion84

Most Striped Hyenas are easily spooked and just look curious and timid. I've only see one alpha female try to attack a car as it was spooked by the headlights and looking distressed. They tend to purr like cats and also puff their manes like cats if cornered or spooked. Very cute creatures to raise.

Well hyena are more related to cat than dogs...

Personally I am more mystified by wolves not hyenas; lately a guy caught a wolf in Kartaba.
    مواطن ألقى القبض على حيوان مفترس في قرطبا

The poor thing must be starving; wolves are rare in lebanon; I hope that Mount Lebanon has a similar NGO to Janoubiyoun Al Khodor; as they freed a captive Hyena few years ago...

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm getting fed up of how some Lebanese kill them and do the whole "David and Goliath" act every now. Most Lebanese don't even know they are the National Animal of Lebanon. Making it an actual crime to kill them would really help in raising awareness.

A Turkish Kangal /Anatollian Shepherd Dog has a bite of 740PSI and a huge body while the Hyena is at 1000PSI with a relatively medium-size body, so not that big of a difference if you're attacked by one of them. It's possible to really tame them via a couple of generations and a good trainer (might also help if they're raised with dogs). They're not like wolves or lions as they don't have neck-grabbing reflexes and they do get social and pleasant like dogs wanting to be petted. You can also surgically remove their anal paste glands and so remove their unpleasant smell. And do neutering, etc.
    Sorry, excuse my ignorance but aren’t hyenas meant to be wild animals and undomesticated? Why not leave them in the wild (if there is any such thing in Lebanon)? The idea of domesticated animals for Lebanese is to shove them in cages and use them as toys.

Also, since when does Lebanon have a national animal?

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well hyena are more related to cat than dogs...

Personally I am more mystified by wolves not hyenas; lately a guy caught a wolf in Kartaba.
    مواطن ألقى القبض على حيوان مفترس في قرطبا

The poor thing must be starving; wolves are rare in lebanon; I hope that Mount Lebanon has a similar NGO to Janoubiyoun Al Khodor; as they freed a captive Hyena few years ago...
    Sorry but want kind of idiot wrote تفترس الإنسان ? Seriously?

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Sorry, excuse my ignorance but aren’t hyenas meant to be wild animals and undomesticated? Why not leave them in the wild (if there is any such thing in Lebanon)? The idea of domesticated animals for Lebanese is to shove them in cages and use them as toys.

Also, since when does Lebanon have a national animal?
    I'm not sure since when lol but I've heard it mentioned multiple times - following this thread - that our national animal is the striped hyena.

I think it fits personally! They are nocturnal scavengers, the Lebanese also like staying up late, usually partying but occasionally grifting.. according to folklore they can mesmerize their victims with their eyes and lure them to their death, so do the Lebanese with their benign feiruz songs and dabkes luring unsuspecting foreigners into drinking too much Arak and getting alcohol poisoning... They are easily tamed and can be fully trained to live with people, same as the Lebanese who have been fully tamed by politicians and learned to live in complete and utter chaos! Apparently they can even become as loyal and affectionate as dogs, same as some Lebanese fiercely barking in defense of their masters ?

All in all, I don't really mind the hyena being our national animal

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not sure since when lol but I've heard it mentioned multiple times - following this thread - that our national animal is the striped hyena.

I think it fits personally! They are nocturnal scavengers, the Lebanese also like staying up late, usually partying but occasionally grifting.. according to folklore they can mesmerize their victims with their eyes and lure them to their death, so do the Lebanese with their benign feiruz songs and dabkes luring unsuspecting foreigners into drinking too much Arak and getting alcohol poisoning... They are easily tamed and can be fully trained to live with people, same as the Lebanese who have been fully tamed by politicians and learned to live in complete and utter chaos! Apparently they can even become as loyal and affectionate as dogs, same as some Lebanese fiercely barking in defense of their masters ?

All in all, I don't really mind the hyena being our national animal
    You're such a weirdo.