• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Feedback [Suggestion] Disable the ignore feature

Please disable the 'ignore' feature.

• I sign and i agree

• I disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Hi everyone,

I'd like to propose this idea
@Jo
the ignore feature should be removed from this forum.
1 it kills communication and sharing thoughts and sending the message
2 if people cannot stand different opinions then maybe they should not be participating on an online forum

Please sign the petition.

@LVV
@!Aoune32
@joseph_lubnan
@Qaher SoLaymouni
@AtheistForJesus
@VH Redux

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
From a neutral standpoint:
  • Many members do not have this problem and it seems restricted to a few members. Even from the list that you have shared the members do not strike me as "ignored" ones as i see them involved in many conversations and arguments. So the issue is either problematic members/trolls/bullies being ignored or a small systematic ignorer group.
  • Voting on this thread does not have much value as if you win the vote it can be because only the people that have not ignored you have voted (Ignoring someone means not seeing the threads they create aswell). In short, If you win the vote does not mean you have the majority as your opposition may not know it exists.
But i will allow it as it can lead to interesting discussions that may sway some opinions. What you do not mention in your OP is that there is a possibility that the ignored may be the problem aswell and not only a victim.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
From a neutral standpoint:
  • Many members do not have this problem and it seems restricted to a few members. Even from the list that you have shared the members do not strike me as "ignored" ones as i see them involved in many conversations and arguments. So the issue is either problematic members/trolls/bullies being ignored or a small systematic ignorer group.
  • Voting on this thread does not have much value as if you win the vote it can be because only the people that have not ignored you have voted (Ignoring someone means not seeing the threads they create aswell). In short, If you win the vote does not mean you have the majority as your opposition may not know it exists.
But i will allow it as it can lead to interesting discussions that may sway some opinions. What you do not mention in your OP is that there is a possibility that the ignored may be the problem aswell and not only a victim.

True
However in the case of trolling, this can be reported and moderated appropriately.
leading to a warning, leading to a ban.

Sometimes a genuine opinion is taken as 'trolling' from certain bigoted members leading to an unfair ignore.
I myself have faced such accusations multiple times, even though the message i was trying to send was a real genuine opinion.
if you catch my drift.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
If one guy is an asshole he's the problem, if you think plenty of people are assholes then maybe you should look inward 😅

Point is, you're the problem not the people who ignore you w 3am bi rayho halun. Ignore function is here for a reason and you embody that reason 😘

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
If one guy is an asshole he's the problem, if you think plenty of people are assholes then maybe you should look inward 😅

Point is, you're the problem not the people who ignore you w 3am bi rayho halun. Ignore function is here for a reason and you embody that reason 😘
Explain why?
Let me tell you why.

Fact is you’re a bigot
However i respect your opinion even though you rarely have one.
You’re only here to insult people for having a different opinion.

Ignore is disrespect
You insult people for their opinion then ingore them?
This is disrespectful to say the least.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Explain why?
Let me tell you why.

Fact is you’re a bigot

Ignore is disrespect

You can shove the stupid crap you call an opinion where the sun doesn't shine! But it's true I don't have an opinion since calling you an idiot is a fact :p

Yalla back to oblivion with your garbage see ya the next time I decide to unignore you 😘

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

Take @Iron Maiden as an example
He instantly took my suggestion as trolling.
That reply he placed is the perfect example of what we're trying to fight in this thread
Sometimes bigots cannot process more than what their prefrontal cortex is capable of, instantly assuming that the message being sent is a troll attempt.

Shameful.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
You can shove the stupid crap you call an opinion where the sun doesn't shine! But it's true I don't have an opinion since calling you an idiot is a fact :p

Yalla back to oblivion with your garbage see ya the next time I decide to unignore you 😘

And that's Exhibit B
Another proof why the ignore feature should've never been introduced.

@Jo
Please have a look at what we have to face at a daily basis here.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Take @Iron Maiden as an example
He instantly took my suggestion as trolling.
That reply he placed is the perfect example of what we're trying to fight in this thread
Sometimes bigots cannot process more than what their prefrontal cortex is capable of, instantly assuming that the message being sent is a troll attempt.

Shameful.
in retrospect i dont think its trolling, just plain sad

@mods can u plz replace my 😂😂😂 with 🙁🙁🙁

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Hi everyone,

I'd like to propose this idea
@Jo
the ignore feature should be removed from this forum.
1 it kills communication and sharing thoughts and sending the message
2 if people cannot stand different opinions then maybe they should not be participating on an online forum

Please sign the petition.

@LVV
@!Aoune32
@joseph_lubnan
@Qaher SoLaymouni
@AtheistForJesus
@VH Redux

I like the idea and agree with it.

But if one ignores you for your idea why would you want him to debate you aslan? there are a few people who ignore here and akide they ignore me too. **** em they like to hear themselves in the mirror.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
I like the idea and agree with it.

But if one ignores you for your idea why would you want him to debate you aslan? there are a few people who ignore here and akide they ignore me too. **** em they like to hear themselves in the mirror.

They don’t have to debate
But at least my message gets transferred
And if it hits the right nerve they will reply thus triggering a debate, or by sending insults thus exposing their true self to the public opinon and/or warranting themselves a warning/ban.

Ignore feature is the very undemocratic and promotes bigotry.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

They don’t have to debate
But at least my message gets transferred
And if it hits the right nerve they will reply thus triggering a debate, or by sending insults thus exposing their true self to the public opinon and/or warranting themselves a warning/ban.

Ignore feature is the very undemocratic and promotes bigotry.

we dont know the meaning of democracy eventhough we think that we do.

NewLeb

NewLeb

They like to cast themselves as tolerant and humanitarian, but when it comes to people with polarizing views, they immediately project their hatred and bigotry.

By ignoring you, they reflect their deep insecurities, so take it as a badge of honor. ;)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
They like to cast themselves as tolerant and humanitarian, but when it comes to people with polarizing views, they immediately project their hatred and bigotry.

By ignoring you, they reflect their deep insecurities, so take it as a badge of honor. ;)
tolerant and humanitarian? wat are you on m8😂😂

truth is some people put on vap tablets when they are bothered by mosquitoes, others follow them around and clap them to death.
both get the job done :)

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
I have allowed this thread to continue as it may lead to interesting discussions. Unfortunately, i think by reading this thread you can understand why some people do not tolerate others if any simple discussion takes a downturn to insults.

More insults will lead to a threadlock and you can take this discussion in private. This is becoming a facade to take revenge instead of asking the right questions about why you are being ignored by many members as you claim.

Tread lightly.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Explain why?
Let me tell you why.

Fact is you’re a bigot

Ignore is disrespect
Half of the people you tagged are on my ignore list, with many others. But I’m an equal opportunity ignorer, I ignore people from all political spectrums and all religions. I was victim of personal attacks from one forum member that I couldn’t ignore at the time because she / he was a moderator. Now I can and I can tell you the experience is much nicer now

NewLeb

NewLeb

tolerant and humanitarian? wat are you on m8😂😂

truth is some people put on vap tablets when they are bothered by mosquitoes, others follow them around and clap them to death.
both get the job done :)

The Light of God is behind all human actions. I don’t know about you, but I ain’t missing out on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.